Community > Posts By > tulip2633

tulip2633's photo
Sun 11/15/15 05:29 PM

Although I have not had the pleasure of talking with you Tulip

I know several of these people admire you and realize they are good folks!

I have been through the cancer battle with several family members

It sounds like your results are just awesome so far

So keep your spirits up, keep enjoying each day, the time with your family, and most of all keep fighting to see more of your future

Wish you the best and continued improvements!

Those are great words! Sometimes I fight too hard and exhaust myself. laugh

Each day, I still feel in shock by all I'm going through. Its a weird feeling; almost surreal.

I often wonder why some recover and some don't; I get sad for ones who lose the battle. And, I am always afraid I might lose mine one day.

That fear is hard to get out of your head.

Thanks again!

:heart:

tulip2633's photo
Sun 11/15/15 05:21 PM

Tulip ..... really glad to hear that you have been taking time to get through some things... At times we need to regroup and change a few things up...

Hope you keep feeling better each day...flowerforyou

Thank you so much! You are always so kind and uplifting!

tulip2633's photo
Sun 11/15/15 04:58 PM

France is the nation, that brought streamlined execution to the modern era, via the guillotine.

Perhaps, it's time for France to bring it back.

I'm sure France is gonna streamline their @ss!

Go France!

tulip2633's photo
Sun 11/15/15 09:51 AM

Deepest sympathies to all affected by this senseless tragedy. Be strong, Paris!

I read somewhere they think this type of attack, very organized and coordinated, may be a prelude for things to come in the West. My first thought comes to upcoming bowl/championship games.

But, I do think our government is doing something right since we haven't had any attacks like that since 9/11. I feel safer now. I hope that doesn't change.

I have thought about that too. Cant imagine how terrifying the experience must be and that people all over the world experience these types of things on a nearly regular basis

I believe we stop alot more attacks than we endure but the terrorists are getting wiser in their recruitment.

Most recently I read they ma have used GAMING systems like Xbox that allow gamer interaction without government surveillance for recruiting,,

and , most of those using those gaming systems, are pretty juvenile minded and easily impressed upon

The more advanced our 'technology' gets, the more I worry for safety, and the more 'transparent' everything becomes < I also fear as all that information we demand on having can sometimes be used by terrorists to plot against us

all that said, I believe this is one of the safest places to live(as it relates to international terrorism anyhow)

I remember everyone believing 9/11 was the beginning of world war III

I dont insist it CANT happen, but I dont believe its LIKELY to be happening soon,,,

its just that western cultures arent used to it (Thank goodness) so it seems very much like it may be the end of the entire world when it happens to us

..condolences to those suffering loss and prayers for those living in fear,,,brokenheart

Yes, these things reactivate fear for me, at some level; not paranoid but it leaves an uncomfortable feeling for sure.

I didn't know that about the gaming systems but it makes sense they would do that. I'll definitely be mentioning this to my older son.

I also read somewhere that what happened in France is being considered an act of war. I hope that doesn't mean an act of war like the start of WWIII act of war. That would be double scary for me. Especially, since my son is considering joining the military. I completely support my son if he decides to do this and would be very proud of him. He hasn't made up his mind yet.

Again, sending thoughts of strength to Paris! You are not alone; we are all here for you.

tulip2633's photo
Sun 11/15/15 09:31 AM

Belated congratulations on your win over Florida, Archer. That was a great game. Your kicker was elated. I was actually happy for him because was so happy.

Sorry for your loss last nite. I was really rooting for LSU. Thought they might pull off a miracle comeback until that last interception. I was hoping for a rematch at the championship game. I don't think we'll get that now. I hope I'm wrong.

Hey girl! Good to see ya back! And uh, we suck now laugh

Thanks! You crack me up. A rematch would have been awesome. We'll just have to kick another team's butt, now. Lol!

tulip2633's photo
Sun 11/15/15 09:20 AM
Belated congratulations on your win over Florida, Archer. That was a great game. Your kicker was elated. I was actually happy for him because was so happy.

Sorry for your loss last nite. I was really rooting for LSU. Thought they might pull off a miracle comeback until that last interception. I was hoping for a rematch at the championship game. I don't think we'll get that now. I hope I'm wrong.

tulip2633's photo
Sun 11/15/15 09:11 AM
Edited by tulip2633 on Sun 11/15/15 09:12 AM
Deepest sympathies to all affected by this senseless tragedy. Be strong, Paris!

I read somewhere they think this type of attack, very organized and coordinated, may be a prelude for things to come in the West. My first thought comes to upcoming bowl/championship games.

But, I do think our government is doing something right since we haven't had any attacks like that since 9/11. I feel safer now. I hope that doesn't change.

tulip2633's photo
Sun 11/15/15 08:16 AM
Hi guys! I'm back. Sorry for dropping off the map like that. I think I was just overwhelmed in my real life. I do talk to someone from the forum offline and he has really helped me through some very tough days with my chemo and life in general. At the end of the day, I really missed you guys.

Thanks so much for all the sweet messages! They mean so much to me!

tulip2633's photo
Fri 10/16/15 06:28 PM

tulip2633's photo
Fri 10/16/15 05:25 PM

tulip2633's photo
Fri 10/16/15 05:22 PM

tulip2633's photo
Fri 10/16/15 05:16 PM
I just want to let everyone know that all my problems, or late, are resolved!! I have my insurance now which means I get my medicine, lab work, and medical supplies this month. Such a relief!

My child support is coming to me now; huge relief!!! My ex has calmed down again and bringing me food again; fried chicken - yummy! I even have my youngest son for this weekend; first time in a month. I always have him each school week but it's hard to do really fun stuff like go to the park & such. So we are going to the park tomorrow, for sure!!

As far as I my cancer, the tumor in my colon and liver reduced 50% so far. I will find out November 2nd if there is any more progress; fingers crossed. I also get chemo that whole week.

I think my allergy is to mosquito bites so I am taking precautions & getting better. The oatmeal treatment saves me; thanks Texasgal! With chemo, you get some strange side effects, especially with your immunity.

Well, I just wanted to take time to give anyone interested an update and to thank you from the bottom of my heart for each & every one of your kind words!!

Be well!

Tulip

tulip2633's photo
Fri 10/16/15 04:38 PM

tulip2633's photo
Fri 10/16/15 04:32 PM

tulip2633's photo
Fri 10/16/15 04:31 PM
165 waving

tulip2633's photo
Fri 10/16/15 03:29 PM