Community > Posts By > Spidercmb

no photo
Fri 05/25/12 10:59 AM

So whats the origin of your divine deity?

1. Every finite and contingent being has a cause.
2. A causal loop cannot exist.
3. A causal chain cannot be of infinite length.
4. Therefore, a First Cause (or something that is not an effect) must exist.

1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
2. The Universe began to exist.
3. Therefore, the Universe had a cause.

Regardless of if you believe in God or a material universe, you have to believe that something has always existed.

If you state that a material cause has always existed, that violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics, the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy and I'm sure a number of other laws.

If God exists as a being outside of time and space, that does not violate any laws of science. It's not something we can fully comprehend, but noncomprehension does not mean nonexistence.

doesn't mean they exist, either... i do believe that, no matter what, energy has always existed in one form or another.

That violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics. So you have to decide if you are going to ignore one of the laws accepted by science or if you are going to abandon that belief.

no photo
Fri 05/25/12 10:52 AM

i don't believe in the big bang theory, i believe that the universe is just a big recycler. maybe multiple big bangs, but not one big bang that started everything.

Mass can be converted into energy, but then later it can be turned back into mass again. that is why i think the universe recycles everything and could be trillions of years old.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics invalidates that theory. The end result of all energy is entropy and entropy is a byproduct of all processes. Entropy cannot do work and cannot be turned back into matter.

there is many forms of energy, not just one. If a star blows up, it creates new stars and solar systems out of it. it takes energy to create new particles and elements, we just have to figure out how this process works. they create new particles from energy all the time from cern, when the smash atoms together.

Yes, that true. Were you trying to make a point or just stating the obvious? Did your really think saying "stars blow up" would invalidate the Second Law of Thermodynamics?

no photo
Fri 05/25/12 10:49 AM

So whats the origin of your divine deity?

1. Every finite and contingent being has a cause.
2. A causal loop cannot exist.
3. A causal chain cannot be of infinite length.
4. Therefore, a First Cause (or something that is not an effect) must exist.

1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause.
2. The Universe began to exist.
3. Therefore, the Universe had a cause.

Regardless of if you believe in God or a material universe, you have to believe that something has always existed.

If you state that a material cause has always existed, that violates the Second Law of Thermodynamics, the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy and I'm sure a number of other laws.

If God exists as a being outside of time and space, that does not violate any laws of science. It's not something we can fully comprehend, but noncomprehension does not mean nonexistence.

no photo
Fri 05/25/12 10:41 AM

i don't believe in the big bang theory, i believe that the universe is just a big recycler. maybe multiple big bangs, but not one big bang that started everything.

Mass can be converted into energy, but then later it can be turned back into mass again. that is why i think the universe recycles everything and could be trillions of years old.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics invalidates that theory. The end result of all energy is entropy and entropy is a byproduct of all processes. Entropy cannot do work and cannot be turned back into matter.

no photo
Fri 05/25/12 10:39 AM

The law of conservation of mass, also known as the principle of mass/matter conservation, states that the mass of an isolated system (closed to all matter and energy) will remain constant over time. This principle is equivalent to the conservation of energy, in the sense when energy or mass is enclosed in a system and none is allowed in or out, its quantity cannot otherwise change (hence, its quantity is "conserved"). The mass of an isolated system cannot be changed as a result of processes acting inside the system. The law implies that mass cannot be created or destroyed, although it may be rearranged in space and changed into different types of particles; and that for any chemical process in an isolated system, the mass of the reactants must equal the mass of the products.

This can be argued with the theory that our universe is expanding according to science.

Ummmm....no. The Second Law of Thermodynamics invalidates that law. Now if you said "Conservation of Mass and Energy", you would be correct.

no photo
Fri 05/25/12 06:25 AM

No they didn't know they "should" obey God. Should or shouldn't obey something would be what morals are made of. They didn't know of "good" or "evil" they had no idea what "morals" where. They knew God told them not to eat of the tree, but they didn't know it would be "wrong" to eat of the tree. For again, that lays in morals of listening/disobeying. They did not know they were "disobeying" when they ate of the tree.

Just as a child does not know they are doing "wrong" by disobeying. Or even really what "wrong" is.

Of course they knew, don't be ridiculous. God couldn't have justly punished them for disobedience, if they hadn't know that they were to obey Him. You paint yourself into this corners, where you have to state that God is wrong. If God punished Adam and Eve for doing something that they didn't know was wrong, then God is cruel and unjust.

Ever stop to think it's true?? Take off your religious blinders for a minute, you might actually learn something.

Ah, the arrogance of youth.

no photo
Thu 05/24/12 11:33 AM

Fake Explicit Image of S.E. Cupp Appears in Hustler (Graphic)

Despite the vile nature of the photo, Cupp said she had to commend Hustler for their “honesty” in the image’s accompanying sidebar.

“S.E. Cupp is lovely, she’s smart, she’s fine but she happens be a crazy conservative who is pro-life and wants to defund Planned Parenthood and for that she deserves the phallus in her mouth — that is essentially what they’re saying and I have to commend that as being incredibly honest,” Cupp said.

She added, “They have uncomplicated this belief system that my political views, my being pro-life, my political views make this kind of behavior OK. It justifies it and I essentially deserve it. That is honesty and I have never seen it before.”

Don't hold your breath waiting for the President to call her to comfort her...

no photo
Thu 05/24/12 08:03 AM

It's just sad to see science that was once labeled evil by christians is now being used to try and prove their myth is an existing myth.

Some of the greatest scientists in history were Christians, get out of here with this crap. Don't you have anything better to do than to spread lies and misinformation?
this coming from a man that claimed Darwin was never a christian.Spider i'm not spreading lies you just want to claim your precious religion as never doing any wrong.In the past scientist were scared to come out with their theories do to being persecuted.Creationist and Jesus freaks claim that nonchristian scientist are trying to prove the bible wrong.So i can't make that claim about your kind.has this site become Christian Mingle part 2 all of a sudden?

Maybe Darwin was a Christian as a child, but he wasn't as an adult. That's a fact. I don't know why you find that offensive.

no photo
Thu 05/24/12 07:33 AM

It's just sad to see science that was once labeled evil by christians is now being used to try and prove their myth is an existing myth.

Some of the greatest scientists in history were Christians, get out of here with this crap. Don't you have anything better to do than to spread lies and misinformation?

no photo
Thu 05/24/12 07:30 AM

Bushidobillyclub is getting paid to mislead you i think
Ohhh of course, dont agree, you must be in on the conspiracy!

Lets get our tin foil hats guys, dont want those gnarly brain wave scanners to pick up the conspiracy!

wow, brilliant rebuttal.

This has to be your finest argument to date...

It was actually far more eloquent and thought out than volant7's post deserved.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:42 PM
He was my favorite character from the original Dune series.

He burned historians alive on a pile of their books, if they knowingly lied about history.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:40 PM

Spider i posted to show the similarities i didn't post it to say it was about Jesus,your defending Jesus like you met him for coffee or read a book he ACTUALLY wrote.Dam Spider relax it's just hocus pocus religious crap.You seem to forget your religion isn't the only one that exist.

Similarities that don't exist. But then you get all butt hurt and cry that I'm being "kind of lame" when I point out that those similaries don't exist and were invented from thin air in an attempt to discredit Christianity and discourage people from believing. Why do you care if people become or stay Christians? Why do you hate Christianity so much that you would knowingly push historical lies?

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 12:37 PM

Maybe the 'christ like figure' topic is worthy of having a new thread created for it.

It's not. The whole subject has been debunked countless times.

Really? Says who? You?

Credible historians. Not frauds and hucksters like Gerald Massey and Acharya S. I know you don't believe me. That is perfectly fine. I want to argue about the validity of the Christ myth theory like I want to argue that frozen dog poo is a workable substitute for chocolate ice cream.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 11:26 AM

Maybe the 'christ like figure' topic is worthy of having a new thread created for it.

It's not. The whole subject has been debunked countless times.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 11:01 AM

lol....i knew you'd pick that one out.Even Odesyss story isn't all true.ok so 8 out of 10 ain't bad your not getting the point the stories of the others are similar to the story of jesus,i knew about the Horus story yeah it's false but my point in posting that is about the others.i'm pointing out that other religions before christianity had similar stories.

Pick one, I'll rip it apart. I'm not going to do all of them.
so you want to get into a wiki battle to discredit one another.Kind of lame ain't it.

So you are going to post a link filled with BS about Jesus just being a copy of 10 figures from mythology and then say it's "kind of lame" for me wanting to show why those mythological stories are nothing like Jesus? whoa

That's really screwed up man. You need to learn how to be reasonable. If you already knew that your link was BS, you shouldn't have posted it.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 09:46 AM

lol....i knew you'd pick that one out.Even Odesyss story isn't all true.ok so 8 out of 10 ain't bad your not getting the point the stories of the others are similar to the story of jesus,i knew about the Horus story yeah it's false but my point in posting that is about the others.i'm pointing out that other religions before christianity had similar stories.

Pick one, I'll rip it apart. I'm not going to do all of them.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 09:34 AM
Edited by Spidercmb on Wed 05/23/12 09:37 AM

http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/

Here are some similar messiah stories that predate Jesus if you think the stories are false about them just check out each one then you'll see that the small paragraphs matches the whole story.Of course you'll claim it false even though they were stories about Jesus like figures just like Jesus was a story.

I'll just refute the #1 "christ like figure".

Born of a virgin, Isis. Only begotten son of the God Osiris. Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star. Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21). In reality, he had no birth date; he was not a human. Death threat during infancy: Herut tried to have Horus murdered. Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus’ mother “Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.” An angel tells Jesus’ father to: “Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.” Break in life history: No data between ages of 12 & 30. Age at baptism: 30. Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Beheaded. Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind. Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days.

One line at a time...

Born of a virgin, Isis.

Isis was not considered to be a virgin. She was married for a time before her husband was murdered and dismembered. She got pregnant by putting all of his body back together, save for his penis, which had been eaten. She carved a giant wooden penis, attached it to her dead husband and had sex with it.

Birth heralded by the star Sirius, the morning star.

There is no such story about Horus.

Ancient Egyptians paraded a manger and child representing Horus through the streets at the time of the winter solstice (about DEC-21).

There is no mention of a manger in Horus' birth story. He was born in a swamp. Jesus' birthday is only celebrated on December 25th, Jesus was born in the early fall, as Shepherds were still in the field.

Handling the threat: The God That tells Horus’ mother “Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child.” An angel tells Jesus’ father to: “Arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt.”

In both cases, the parents were told to flee with their child. That is how you escape from someone who wants to kill you. If a battered woman were to move to another state to avoid her violent ex, would that mean she's a myth?

Break in life history: No data between ages of 12 & 30.

There is no discussion of Horus from birth until adulthood. There was no description of him being 12. There is no mention of the age of 30 either, all that is known is that Horus is an adult and that his member has doubled in size and his strength has doubled.

Age at baptism: 30. Subsequent fate of the baptiser: Beheaded.

Horus was never baptized, he had no baptizer.

Walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, restored sight to the blind.

While Horus is storied to have created miracles, he was never recorded to have walked on water, cast out demons or raised the dead.

Was crucifed, descended into Hell; resurrected after three days.

There is no mention of Horus having been crucified. Horus merged with the sun god in some stories and was dismembered in others. Horus did not descend into hell and was not resurrected three days later. In the stories that claim he joined with the sun god, he dies every night and comes back to life every morning.

All of these false claims originate with Gerald Massey, who was a liar. He claimed to be able to read Egyptian, before the Rosetta stone was discovered. After hieroglyphics were translated, they didn't read anything at all like Massey claimed.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 07:43 AM

I just refuse to accept that a divine deity created everything in 6 days.Also along with how similar the prehebrew religion stories are almost spitten image of the now hewbrew religion.In other words monotheism came from polytheist stories.

Not only is that not true, but it's obviously false.

I'll tell ya something if people want to believe in a God it's fine but it will always be debated until that one question becomes fact."How did it all begin'.

Maybe I should care to make you a Christian, but I don't. I'm just defending the faith from spurious attacks. If you choose to believe or choose to not believe, that's between you and God. I just want it clear that there are very good reasons to be a Christian and I do that by setting the facts straight.

Plus thinking you're going to a fire lake if you're disobedient to a God may make others believe in God.

I don't believe that.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 07:09 AM
This is a known issue in Google Chrome. Switch to FireFox and you shouldn't have as many issues.

I would also do a thorough scan for viruses / adware / malware and go ahead and do a disk defrag while you are at it.

no photo
Wed 05/23/12 06:49 AM
Edited by Spidercmb on Wed 05/23/12 07:25 AM

Howzit all you're doing is taken what science has discovered and placing it in your bible when your not even putting dates on it.Your just takin events and typing "See 'this is","could be" what happened in the bible" when theres no accurate dates to make the claims they both coincide.So how can anyone talk science if your just gonna keep on comparing actual events with biblical events.
I'd also like to add i have read some of the creationist sites and just about everyone of them give different dates on when the biblical characters existed.

Scientists do the research and they find the data. The data is then interpreted to come to a conclusion. howzityoume disagrees with their conclusions, not their data. I am the same way. How is that not acceptable to you? Isn't that what scientists do with new hypothesis? The only difference is that howzityoume and I don't immediately exclude the possibility that God exists from the discussion. In the end, we are more scientists than any so-called scientist who excludes conclusions because it's now fashionable to declare those who reject the existence of God to be more intelligent and those who accept it.

1 2 13 14 15 17 19 20 21 24 25