no photo
Sun 06/20/10 08:40 AM
Edited by SolitudeSolitaire on Sun 06/20/10 08:41 AM

Have you missed Argentina's scores? They won both of their games so far, so like the Dutch, the have 6 points, and have their spot in the Round of 16. They also played their second game on Thursday, 2 days before the Dutch, making them the 1st team to secure passage to the Round of 16.

How could i afford to miss out any of Argentina's games?

However, on paper, Argentina are through with two wins from two games,
with a superior goal difference.

But, realistically, look at the points table of Group B, and the final
round of fixtures there. If South Korea beat Nigeria, South Korea would have 6 points. And if Greece beats Argentina, then both Greece and Argentina would end up with 6 points. So it would be up to the
goal difference that would decide who goes through, amongst the three.
So Argentina, cannot afford to take things lightly in their final group
game. Though a draw would surely guarantee their progress to the next
round!!!!!!!

no photo
Sun 06/20/10 02:34 AM
By the way, we have talked so much about our
choice of countries and their games, but i haven't seen a single
comment about the DUTCH and their 'conservative' performance.

For the record, as of now (time of this post), The Netherlands
is the only country, to have DEFINITELY, repeat DEFINITELY, entered
the Round Of 16 !!!!!!

no photo
Sun 06/20/10 12:34 AM

Oh Yes! Great football day for the Dads.

Yes ! Indeed a great day of footballing action at the
World Cup.

First up, Paraguay up against Slovakia.
Paraguay seems to me a different team in their fist encounter.
They showed more urgency and was attacking more, as compared to
their defensive style of old. They took the game to the Italians
and held the reigning champs to a draw.
As for the rookies, Slovakia, their slip-up at the final stretch,
of their first match, robbed them of a win against fellow debutants
New Zealand.It'll be interesting to see how Paraguay and Slovakia
play, particularly as both teams drew their opening match, and
both know a win here can open their chance of qualifying for the
next round.

Next in line, Italy against New Zealand.
Need i comment on this match after all? But this World Cup has
thrown up surprises and one may never be too sure. Having said
this, i still think Italy will cruise through this game.

Saving the best for last, Brazil up against Cote De Ivoire.
Ivory Coast surprised me with their strength and resilience
in their game against Portugal. If they can repeat this performance
today, they have a chance against their more fancied opponents.
I shall not hide my wish of seeing another upset here.
Go GO Cote de Ivoire.......!!!!!!!

no photo
Sat 06/19/10 10:27 PM
Edited by SolitudeSolitaire on Sat 06/19/10 10:29 PM

Looking forward to all the three games today......

no photo
Tue 06/15/10 08:03 AM
Edited by SolitudeSolitaire on Tue 06/15/10 08:18 AM

slaphead You got the wrong "Corean" flag wavin' there.slaphead

This is what you should be wavin' today against your Bête noire todaybigsmile

no photo
Mon 06/14/10 08:34 AM
Edited by SolitudeSolitaire on Mon 06/14/10 08:36 AM

....well and a GIFT from Green! noway

at least we were hanging in there...but better not count
on any more freebies!!

whoa

Why blame Green for England's woes? He's human like
all of us. We all make mistakes, costly or otherwise.
But where the hell was Rooney? Where was Lampard? They
never did the job assigned to them. Rooney was seen
defending more often than striking. As for Lampard,
he was almost invisible.

But the bottom line is, the USA played excellently
well during the first half. They deserved the goal.
It may have been gifted by Green, but a goal is a goal.
Moreover, the USA played to plan. They neutralized Lampard
and Rooney, thus taking the sting out of England's attack.
The USA will only have to look at their second half strategy.
They have a record of throwing away a lead late on during a
match. If they can work this out, they can go pretty far in
this tournament.

no photo
Sun 06/13/10 12:11 AM

Altidore had a great run. England looked strong.
We have a tie. Hopefully no more starts like that....

Yes, Altidore did have a great run, but he lacked "class" and "finesse".
Football, is won and lost in the mid-field. While the United States dominated the mid-field in the first half, it just couldn't keep up that momentum in the second. That was why we had a tie.

no photo
Sat 06/12/10 11:52 PM

WTF? Why is this so bloody important? Especially this year, 2010? I have never heard so much hype about a soccer tourney as I have this year, why is that? Do any of you really care? Before you answer, do you really? Do you know all of the players, and have you been following them to this point? Spare the national pride, if you haven't been following, then you are not a fan, you are a poser. And you have fallen victim to the international overblown hype over this laughable contest. I am just shocked at the amount of attention this event is getting, will somebody please explain.

Certainly, your questions seems to be addressed at the American citizens. I am not an American, and hence i wouldn't like to intrude by answering any of them. However, let me clarify and enlighten you on your statement where you said...."And you have fallen victim to the international overblown hype over this laughable contest."

First off,...."international overblown hype". Did you know that Soccer (The game is known as 'soccer' only in North America, while the rest of the world recognizes it as 'football') is the fastest growing and most popular sport in the world? It is the most recognized and the most viewed sporting event in the world today. It is played in almost every country and unequivocally loved. "Soccer" is rather worshiped like a religion, in some countries, with its players being Gods!. Soccer players are treated as a celebrity throughout their lives. They are fortunate enough to receive tremendous love and affection from their numerous fans.
The International Federation of Association Football (French: Fédération Internationale de Football Association), commonly known as FIFA (usual English pronunciation: /ˈfiːfə/), is the international governing body of "association football" or as you call it "soccer". Its headquarters are located in Zürich, Switzerland. FIFA is responsible for the organization and governance of football's major international tournaments, most notably the FIFA World Cup, held since 1930.
FIFA has 208 member associations, which is 16 more than the United Nations and three more than the International Olympic Committee, though five fewer than the International Association of Athletics Federations.
Hence, there is no "HYPE" at all and it isn't certainly "OVERBLOWN", as you have just mentioned. What you are experiencing and seeing are bare true FACTS, facts you are unaware, and facts that you need to open up to the world around you.

Secondly,....."laughable contest". The World Cup is the biggest soccer tournament in the world. It is held every four years in a different country. Billions of people watch the televised games as the national teams from countries around the globe battle it out for soccer supremacy. This year, the "2010 FIFA World Cup" is being hosted by South Africa, the first time a World Cup contest is being held in the African continent. The 32 nations that are battling it out at South Africa, went through a gruelling "Qualifiying Round" that spreads over 3 years.
This is NO "laughable contest", but it's the moment, billions of people around the world are waiting for, with bathed breath. My country may not have qualified for the final tournament in South Africa, this year. But that doesn't mean i lose my interest in the game. As a matter of fact, it's the only game that i would watch regularly, and the FIFA World Cup, is the only tournament that i would watch ALL the matches "Live" on television, without missing a single one of 'em.

no photo
Sat 06/12/10 10:36 PM
Edited by SolitudeSolitaire on Sat 06/12/10 10:42 PM
He dazzled and his magic was on brief display yesterday.

The signs of things to come.

no photo
Sat 06/12/10 10:30 PM
My heart cries out for ARGENTINA.....

But my brain tells me it's too early to call!!!!!!!

no photo
Fri 05/14/10 10:24 AM

There are, of course, many reasons for poverty. I was reading about India some months ago and how the birth rate has dropped in the south. The northern parts of India still have huge birth rates and poverty to match. The south has become educated and industrialized and have reduced population growth tremendously.

The concept being presented was one of parental attitude. If one believes that the future consists of bearing children to support you, the urge to have children is high. Education has no apparent value. Having and feeding children consumes all of one's time and abilities.

If one compares India's history to Mexico, one sees the exact same attitudes in place. Mexico, rich in oil, has the ability to turn into a modern educated country but, instead, mass produces poverty stricken citizens that want to leave to have a better life. Many of the illegal immigrants that come to the US send money home to support the parents reinforcing a bad system.

IMO, the biggest cause of poverty is overpopulation caused by uneducated parents looking to the children as a form of social security.

You've got a very good point here. Over-population is indeed one of the major causes of poverty. But there are other factors too.

Poverty has many causes, some of them very basic. Some experts suggest, for instance, that the world has too many people, too few jobs, and not enough food. But such basic causes are quite intractable and not easily eradicated. In most cases, the causes and effects of poverty interact, so that what makes people poor also creates conditions that keep them poor. Primary factors that may lead to poverty include overpopulation, the unequal distribution of resources in the world economy, inability to meet high standards of living and costs of living, inadequate education and employment opportunities, environmental degradation, certain economic and demographic trends, and welfare incentives.

no photo
Fri 05/14/10 10:14 AM

STYX........Show Me The Way

no photo
Fri 05/14/10 10:12 AM
The Deeper The Love

Whitesnake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RtXOfLlfuU

no photo
Fri 05/14/10 10:07 AM
Catch The Rainbow

Rainbow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZFKw3BhveI

no photo
Fri 05/14/10 10:04 AM

Bumping

no photo
Fri 05/14/10 10:00 AM

Deep Purple Wasted Sunsets

Soulful Strat in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQETRcauC1U

:thumbsup: :heart: P2, that was a great one indeed. One of my personal all time favourite.:heart: :thumbsup:

Soldier Of Fortune

Deep Purple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BGwEulYs8c

no photo
Fri 05/14/10 06:30 AM
Lucky Lips

Cliff Richards & The Shadows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQKIZHlmvKg

no photo
Fri 05/14/10 06:26 AM
Apache

The Shadows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY-rPDwzM9M

no photo
Wed 05/12/10 06:38 AM
There was a Friar, a wanton one and merry, he cannot weep for all his inward smart;

Reverend sire, went footing slow, his mantle hairy, and his bonnet sedge;

He only fair, and what he fair hath made; All other fair, like flowers, untimely fade.

no photo
Wed 05/12/10 06:22 AM

brown

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25