Community > Posts By > solodove

no photo
Thu 09/03/09 02:39 PM

excellent book

didnt care for the TV show

The book was just recommended to me, so haven't read it yet, but the TV mini-series is on youtube...still watching.

no photo
Thu 09/03/09 02:17 PM
Who has read this novel and/or watched the TV mini-series (2001)based on the novel?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mists_of_Avalon_(TV_miniseries)

no photo
Thu 09/03/09 08:37 AM
If he watched this movie before he left he'll definitely have lots of inspiration to get his record back.

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 07:54 PM
9 Bean Soup

Spinach Quiche

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 06:43 PM
Memento (2000)

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 06:29 PM

i love that movie. made me laugh and cry.

Yes there were some sad moments in the movie, but overridden with positive outcomes. This is the most impressive movie I've watched probably ever.

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 03:06 PM

I Ride & Have Never Posted A Thing! So Bear With Me. Lazy Weekend Rainy day, Nothing On TV, So I Rented It. WOW, Really Liked It!!! Kinda Mad At Myself, For Not watching It Earlier! I Was So Surprised,Just A Super Feel Good Flick!!!

Thanks for replying to my post. Do you mean you watched it today? Glad that you did. It's rare to find a movie that has such deep meaning in it & is inspiring & thought-provoking & leaves a lasting impression like this one does.

no photo
Tue 09/01/09 12:31 PM
Edited by solodove on Tue 09/01/09 12:53 PM
Has anyone watched this movie? Starring Anthony Hopkins (2005). Based on a true life story of Burt Munro who set a world record speed for motorcycles in 1967 in Bonneville, Utah contest driving a 1920, 1000cc motorcycle (Indian). At 8 miles, 201mph. No one has matched or surpassed his record since. Below are 2 clips; 1st one is of his motorcycle on display in a department store in New Zealand & 2nd one of last scene from the movie when he set the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYEvPd0ZkJw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcFX5HbN2SI&NR=1

I'm not really into motorcycles, but this movie has impressed me because of what he achieved & how he did so.

no photo
Mon 08/17/09 07:16 PM

Has anyone else noticed this? Whenever you are notified that you have a mutual match person interested in you, they never contact you in anyway, message, IM, or nudge. They have clicked on either yes, or maybe too & have received a private email or notation in My Account where your profile name is mentioned as match.

Why would a person click yes or maybe when they see another's profile if they're not interested enough to even send a nudge when they find out the other person may be interested in them?

I've sent nudges, even mails to a lot of my matches & usually they never reply.

Mutual Match is a spectacular feature if it would be used for the purpose it was designed.
Everyone that is in your area and age range is going to be matched with you. Wether they even viewed your profile or not. So new people get all these matches.

I thought the only way you can get notification that someone is interested in meeting you & person's ID name is given, is if that person clicked yes or maybe & you have too.

no photo
Mon 08/17/09 06:18 PM
Has anyone else noticed this? Whenever you are notified that you have a mutual match person interested in you, they never contact you in anyway, message, IM, or nudge. They have clicked on either yes, or maybe too & have received a private email or notation in My Account where your profile name is mentioned as match.

Why would a person click yes or maybe when they see another's profile if they're not interested enough to even send a nudge when they find out the other person may be interested in them?

I've sent nudges, even mails to a lot of my matches & usually they never reply.

Mutual Match is a spectacular feature if it would be used for the purpose it was designed.

no photo
Sat 08/01/09 09:47 PM

very little!

same here, very little! but, I do have coffee stored in frige

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 09:06 AM
Alyson

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 09:05 AM
waking

no photo
Fri 07/31/09 09:03 AM