Community > Posts By > USmale47374

USmale47374's photo
Tue 10/30/12 11:24 PM
I support Obama is this Presidential election. At least he doesn't change his position on what he believes every day or two, and he doesn't tell bald faced lies about Romney. He doesn't need to.

USmale47374's photo
Mon 10/29/12 06:52 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Biden around for four more years.

USmale47374's photo
Sun 10/28/12 03:26 PM
Patience, Mandy. Easy come, easy go. Good luck!

USmale47374's photo
Sat 10/27/12 10:05 AM
And he might not. I rather suspect the latter.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/25/12 09:21 PM
As a matter of fact, I took both macro and micro economics in college with a GPA of 4.0 in both, and I don't shy away from people who challenge me. FYI, anyone who took econ in college knows what really doesn't work: trickle-down economics.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/25/12 08:23 PM
Jeffrey Dahmer would have approved. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/25/12 08:20 PM
The more I learn about it, the more I like it.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/25/12 04:37 PM
Romney is a liar, plain and simple. He offers nothing to anyone aside from the ultra-wealthy and Christian extremists.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/25/12 04:35 PM
Go Obama, but I'll take in one step father: Romney is a bald-faced liar.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/25/12 12:41 PM
Welcome to Mingle, Maryjo.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/25/12 08:10 AM
I think all people are entitled to their religous beliefs, but NOT entitled to shove their beliefs down the throats of others. Abortion is and should be a private decision not under legal controls. Christian extremeists have gone too far. Mourdock may be well meaning, but he frequently oversteps his bounds and needs to be brought back in line with reality.

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/25/12 08:01 AM
Romney preys on people's fears and insecurities. He's a dangerous man who's not to be trusted.

USmale47374's photo
Wed 10/24/12 04:08 AM
Didn't you know? Binladen isn't dead. He's holed up with Elvis and JFK. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Sun 10/21/12 09:55 AM
I'm truly sorry when anyone loses their job or business, especially when they've done nothing to deserve it. One reason that a business fails, of course, is because it's not competitive, but there are others: not enough people with the skills to perform the work, for example. Might not it help the overall economy to improve and/or modify education in the US to tackle this problem?

Another problem that too many people are overlooking is the income of the middle class. As has been observed, middle class income is abysmal, and has been for well over a decade. If you don't have the money to puchase a needed product or service, you look for ways around it. Often times you repair an old car rather that buying a new one. Out of necessity, you do things yourself rather than paying someone else to do them for you. These things are evidence of a collapsing middle class in the US.

The bottom line is this: you don't attempt to improve your life by making things worse for others. Attempts to end of privatize Social Security and Medicare just aren't wise, and will NOT benefit anyone in the long run. You don't attempt to limit the rights of others, either. Abortion, for example, should not be controlled by government. It's a private matter, and should remain that way. You also don't mandate who people can marry. Again, that should be a private matter. I'm not gay, but I respect the right of gays to live as they choose. I'm not black, or hispanic, or Asian, either, but they deserve to have the same rights and opportunities as I.

Look, I want everyone--Democrats, Repulicans and independents--to be happy and successful, but not when that involves unnecessarily stepping on the feet of others. That's not what the US is all about. Never has beeen. Religious beliefs were never intended to be a part of our government: http://www.earlyamerica.com/review/summer97/secular.html

Let's all just try to work together, and respect each in the processs.

USmale47374's photo
Sun 10/21/12 09:28 AM
One of the reasons that I voted to reelect President Obama is because the ecomony IS getting better. Only a little over a year ago, the unemployment rate was around 9%. Now it's 7.8% and continuing to fall. Those of us who've studiee the situation understand why it's taking so long, but we're confident that the economy IS recovering.

If you want support of my statement, just read: http://www.frbsf.org/publications/economics/letter/2011/el2011-05.html

USmale47374's photo
Sun 10/21/12 09:20 AM
The 5 million green jobs have been successfully blocked by the Republican House. Next question?

USmale47374's photo
Sun 10/21/12 09:02 AM
Republicans are more conerned with how many people are working than how much they earn. Hang in there guys. If you continue your support of low-paying jobs, the Repulicans will put you all to work--without any medical insurance, of course. But you don't object to that, either, do you? laugh

USmale47374's photo
Sat 10/20/12 01:26 PM
Obama clearly won that debate and I, for one, am happy that he did. happy

USmale47374's photo
Fri 10/19/12 10:43 AM
Funny. laugh

USmale47374's photo
Thu 10/18/12 06:57 AM

I've been on a few dating websites with absolutely no results unfortunately for me. I know for some of you, you have met your sweetheart this way and I applaud you for that. It just doesn't seem to work for me though. No one in my general area I live in seems to use these sites. I do get plenty of Russian and Nigerian emails but something just doesn't seem right about them. I'd love to love someone but it seems I've been there and done that and maybe love won't come back my way again. I leave open the possibility but life seems to want to **** you over. Am I alone in my assessment?

No, you aren't alone. I retired some 8 years ago. I'm agnostic, leaning toward atheist, and I don't drink, so there aren't many places to actually meet people. I avoid funerals whenever possible. When I attend a funeral, I do it for the right reason, not to meet a woman. I'm not interested in far-off women, or ronatic relationships with far-off women--did that twice and wasn't impressed, and yes, I did actually meet with them. I'm pretty much convinced that I'm better off seeking relationships within driving distance, the closer the better.

Keep an open mind here and in similar places. You may meet people you like, people with whom you share common interests and opinions, but keep you expectations realistic.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25