Community > Posts By > oldsage

oldsage's photo
Thu 06/05/14 07:39 PM

My goodness..!

Is Texas full of beautiful ladies..? happy flowerforyou

As big as the state is, there are bound to be more ladies than other states. Proud to say, I know a few.bigsmile pitchfork drool shocked :thumbsup:

Thank you gentlemen! You are both sweethearts!

HEY, WHO you calling "sweetheart"?

I have worked years to get this reputation! DO NOT go RUINING all my hard work!! ONERY old man & PROUD of it.

grumble noway frustrated slaphead pitchfork

:laughing: rofl :laughing:

I stand corrected! smooched

THANKS pitchfork flowers slaphead waving

oldsage's photo
Thu 06/05/14 07:18 AM

My goodness..!

As big as the state is, there are bound to be more ladies than other states. Proud to say, I know a few.bigsmile pitchfork drool shocked :thumbsup:

Thank you gentlemen! You are both sweethearts!

HEY, WHO you calling "sweetheart"?

I have worked years to get this reputation! DO NOT go RUINING all my hard work!! ONERY old man & PROUD of it.

grumble noway frustrated slaphead pitchfork

oldsage's photo
Thu 06/05/14 05:51 AM
Guess I am to old or wrong culture, can someone explain this joke, please?

oldsage's photo
Thu 06/05/14 05:41 AM
Edited by oldsage on Thu 06/05/14 05:46 AM

AND, we need to keep Kristi "on" the barstool so she doesn't injure herself until the current wounds heal. LOL

tie her to that sucker !!:thumbsup:

Maybe need to move to a table & chairs. You realize she is getting older.rofl slaphead frustrated

(Now I better go go hide, there may be things being thrown at me. LOL Kristi. When I get down there, I'm buying.)

oldsage's photo
Thu 06/05/14 05:35 AM

My goodness..!

oldsage's photo
Sat 05/31/14 07:33 PM
ESE, Joe, we are OVERDUE in having several shots of JACK for Joe's wedding. I got to get down there. PARTY ON.

oldsage's photo
Fri 05/30/14 03:21 PM

what is the best way to discipline a kid?im a single mom,im only the one who is raising my son.Sometimes,when he is misbehave i keep on scolding him..

The best way to discipline your kid is to tell it to them straight. What are the things that are allowed and what are the things that are not allowed. Whether it be food, or material things or permission to play with a neighbor's kid.

But you also have to arm yourself with an iron-tight reason why this decision was made. No negotiations requires no loopholes, Mommy.

Good luck and always let them understand that You love them no matter how angry they just made you :)

BTW, I'm a single mom of 2 kids as well. Best of luck

I agree with this lady & would add: When there is a problem, start removing things that are important to the child. Nice things are a privledge; NOT a right. Loss of favorite & teaching that everything GOOD & Fun, MUST BE EARNED. Worked for my son.

oldsage's photo
Wed 05/28/14 06:24 PM
Ethel, sounds like you will fit right in?? Stop & chat, get to know the folks, trust these ladies to help you along. Look out for ESSE, he is a woman chaser & sometimes he catches them. The we have to remind him what to do. pitchfork rofl :thumbsup: waving

oldsage's photo
Tue 05/27/14 10:38 AM

Looked like a good time. Maybe it would be a place for the group to visit.

Posted some more pics on facebook of all my battle scars man ohh man...What a weekend~~~

Hey. As long as you had fun the scars will heal. We will have to meet so you can tell me all about it.

Chicks dig scars. The fun is remembered FOREVER.
:banana: drool rofl :thumbsup: waving

oldsage's photo
Tue 05/27/14 10:36 AM

Oh boy! Don, we would have some stories to tell if we did that for shure!!
laugh

FIRM POLICY: What happens at "GATHERINGS" stays at the site.

The happenings of "UNIQUE" pink ear warmers?? ARE NEVER DISCUSSED.

bigsmile noway :banana: :banana: :thumbsup: slaphead winking

oldsage's photo
Tue 05/27/14 07:57 AM

I find it strange, my looks have changed so little, what I was told made me look old, now makes me look young, so I am told. Maybe it is that I stay active & refuse to slow down.

She is talking about integrity Sage, not vanity...Things like vanity and gossip would qualify as antonyms for integrity I would think.... :~)

If my thoughts/opinion offended anyone, it was MY response to the lady's comment. Ignore as you chose.

oldsage's photo
Tue 05/27/14 07:52 AM
Looked like a good time. Maybe it would be a place for the group to visit.

oldsage's photo
Tue 05/27/14 06:29 AM
Time changes many things. I think life experiences teach what is truely important. I find it strange, my looks have changed so little, what I was told made me look old, now makes me look young, so I am told. Maybe it is that I stay active & refuse to slow down.

oldsage's photo
Sat 05/24/14 05:52 AM
Hate is a big word. I used to use it. Now life has taught me not to hate. Learned to respect others & if they bother me, don't go around them.

oldsage's photo
Sat 05/24/14 05:17 AM
Did some heavy yard work yesterday, what was I thinking??

Little sore & stiff, my body seems to think I abused it?

Least I know I am alive & kicking.

oldsage's photo
Fri 05/23/14 04:41 AM

Next time y'all are at the Alamo count how many Mitchells died there. We came with Crockett.

Family history & pride run deep. Part of being AMERICAN. PRIDE.

oldsage's photo
Fri 05/23/14 04:19 AM

I am always ready for the weekend. Even when I only work 3 days a week. Wishing you all a safe and fun one whatever your plans.

Bet you are ready for the week end. bigsmile :thumbsup:

Nice weather here, finally.

oldsage's photo
Fri 05/23/14 03:12 AM

How much does it hurt to be lonely?
Loneliness has a deep impact on quality of life in older people. Findings on sex-specific differences on the experience of loneliness remain sparse.
Analyses are based on the 2008/2009 data, comprising 4127 participants in the age range of 64-94 years.
RESULTS:
The mean level of loneliness did not significantly differ between men and women. However, among the oldest old (≥85 years), loneliness was higher in women. Depression, low satisfaction with life, and low resilience were associated significantly with loneliness, which was more pronounced in men. Living alone was not associated with loneliness, whereas lower social network was associated with a three time higher risk for feeling lonely in both men and women.
CONCLUSIONS:
The extent of loneliness was equally distributed between men and women, although women were more disadvantaged regarding living arrangements as well as physical and mental health. However, loneliness was stronger associated with adverse mental health conditions in men. These findings should be considered when developing intervention strategies to reduce loneliness.

Why is the same thing being posted in different threads? Respect your opinion, but I think once is enough. My opinion.

oldsage's photo
Thu 05/22/14 02:36 PM

Husker, the new pic is great!
flowerforyou

Known Karen for quite a while, looks have never changed.

One of those wine, cheese & ladies, just IMPROVE with age.

Besides, she is Nebraska born & raised.

Like ME.bigsmile :banana: drool rofl tongue2 waving

Humm but ya notice where she moved too heheheh Texas Gal now.......bigsmile

Thanks so much. Y'all (Texas lingo Don) are just so nice.

Just a little FYI

MY TEXAS roots go back to the second group of colonists; bought their land from Stephen Austin, several ancestors names on the San Jacinto monument (died in that battle) & family cemetery (close to Sugar Land) is a historical monument. There is a book written about the "Munson" cattle family. I am PROUD of my Texas connection.

oldsage's photo
Thu 05/22/14 11:57 AM
Loneliness is a choice, just like everything else in life.

I chose FUN.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25