Community > Posts By > Chazster

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 02:37 PM

A child born into an american minority community today has the opportunity to succeed.

There is still about 98% of the world in which that same child would have zero chance of success being a minority..

That is the true litmus test for equality..

um... where in that statement did he specify that the child was African American?

Are not Mexican, Arab, Chinese, Japanese, Native American, etc... also minorities???

I think they are...

Stop assuming that African Americans are the ONLY minority.

He said minority. The point of reference is the country. Thus in Japan a Japanese is not a minority, but it is hard for say a Filipino to succeed in Japan. I believe this is the point he is making.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 02:35 PM

Gee, if msharmony is correct, then I wonder how all of my high school classmates were able to achieve their goals.

Here is a group photo from my recent 30-year high school class reunion:

When I was born, my high school was an all-black high school located a few short miles from the site of a race riot that took place in 1921. My black classmates were determined not to let any racism prevent them from achieving their goals, and they didn't.

The harsh reality is that a complete elimination of institutional racism doesn't result in economic equality for all. When the playing field is level, there will still be losers because not everyone is equally talented. The fact that you lost and someone else won doesn't imply that the other person had an unfair advantage.

It's easier to say I didn't succeed because of others than to say you didn't succeed because of yourself. Sad thing is some people are raised with this mindset and Thus achieve nothing as they never really try. Those taught they can do anything typically succeed more often.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 01:47 PM

Tied to bills? Why do you have to be tied to bills? I had a good credit score before I got my first job. Just paying your rent on time, paying your cell phone, your car insurance. I mean I guess if you are talking about people that live at home with their parents and have no phone and no transportation but public, but I don't know many of those.

how did you have a credit score without a job , pray tell?

how did you have any money to pay rent, or cell phone, or car insurance,,,w ithout a job , pray tell?

to build a HIGH credit rating, you need to build up credit, which is done by accumulating BILLS and paying them on time,,,

I worked part time in college. Just at a game store, arcades, etc. I even had a card canceled on me in college for delinquency. (This was due to the bank moving my over draft to my credit card and not sending me the bill ) By the time I graduated and got much first real job I had a score of 720.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 01:44 PM

and? for every list of ten you will be able to find a list of hundreds that are not black,,,,

thats called 'disparity'

Yeah, because they are Mexican, Chinese, Saudi, etc....

no, for every list of ten affluent black people, you can find a list of hundreds who are WHITE

is that more specific?

thats called DISPARITY,,,,as mentioned before

Who's holding who back?

Ain't no one in dem slave chains no mo. The only chains are the4 ones the wanna'-be victim puts on themselves. Or, cuz they kinky.laugh

That sounds a bit hateful towards Caucasians.

Why hate on Caucasians who happen to have gotten rich or inherited wealth?

Working for it is all about the want, drive, commitment and discipline it takes to get there.

Or, the whiners can sit on their a$$es and play victim.

and thats why the intellect is declining in this country,, keep believing all the hype the haves put out there

keep acting as if the struggling americans are less than crap who are just getting their just desserts

and I will pray you never end up one of those 'whiners'

Yes because all of us haves got everything handed to us right? We never worked or struggled. None of us held a job since we were legally able, we didn't study in school to get scholarships, we didn't overcome abuse at home, bullying in school, and chronic medical conditions. We didn't go to college and choose a career field and pursue it. Nope, when we were kids some just said "I am giving you lots of money when you grow up"

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 01:39 PM
Tied to bills? Why do you have to be tied to bills? I had a good credit score before I got my first job. Just paying your rent on time, paying your cell phone, your car insurance. I mean I guess if you are talking about people that live at home with their parents and have no phone and no transportation but public, but I don't know many of those.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 01:29 PM

and? for every list of ten you will be able to find a list of hundreds that are not black,,,,

thats called 'disparity'

no, for every list of ten affluent black people, you can find a list of hundreds who are WHITE

is that more specific?

Same could very said for every other minority race. See a minority is a group of people that are less populous than other groups of people.

I completely understand what 'minority' means, and the disparity goes further than the numbers suggest they SHOULD

so the age old excuse of it just being about the numbers doesnt hold,,,

Your right, it's cultural too. That is why Asians have higher average salaries then white people.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 01:23 PM

thats called 'disparity'

is that more specific?

Same could very said for every other minority race. See a minority is a group of people that are less populous than other groups of people.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 01:09 PM

Lol keeps changing the story. No slavery in America but black. Then prove there was, then gets changed to it wasn't in the right time frame lol. Well my time frame is 10 days. There was no slavery of anyone is US history.

I have NEVER said there was no slavery in america,, but keep trying to distract, apparently the majority in this thread are on the distraction bandwagon

I can post it as simply as possible, ONE LAST TIME

THE PAST effects the present

a PAST of smoking a pack of cigs per day may have resulted in that lung cancer TODAY

a past of institional segregation and racism may have resulted in the disparity in opportunities TODAY

,, if people choose to remain ignorant to that, I dont really have much else I Can say

I never said you claimed there was no slavery. I am only using your logic. See I am talking about the past 10 days. That is the American history I am referring to. There was no slavery then.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 12:52 PM
Lol keeps changing the story. No slavery in America but black. Then prove there was, then gets changed to it wasn't in the right time frame lol. Well my time frame is 10 days. There was no slavery of anyone is US history.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 12:37 PM

Yea you are only screwed if you are a white male even if your family was brought here against their will.

how is a white male in this country 'screwed'?

give me one statistic that supports that claim

I have never seen so much distraction and denial as when the issue of slavery , or racism comes up,,,

As we are the only group that isn't able to have anything special for us. Are assumed racist, sexist, etc more often. You can't be a proud white male or you are a racist. People will blame my ancestors for slavery when they know nothing of my ancestry. Just some examples I have experienced in my own life.

You had SPECIAL GOVERNMENT up until FIFTY years ago

dont you get that yet?

I dont blame your ancestors for anything, I blame the US GOVERNMENT and its INSTITUTIONAL HISTORY OF RACIAL DISPARITY

and who cares if someone thinks Im racist or sexist or blames my ancestors, they could think that all they want so long as it doesnt restrict my opportunities and rights

if people make ASSUMPTIONS without knowing you , they are jackwads, and thats a personal problem

not an INSTITUTIONAL one,,,

What is this you had special government? Do I look like I am over 50? Oh Yea and Cajuns were sold as slaves in the original 13 colonies. Yea America had white slaves. They were also persecuted by English settlers.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 12:22 PM

Yea you are only screwed if you are a white male even if your family was brought here against their will.

how is a white male in this country 'screwed'?

give me one statistic that supports that claim

I have never seen so much distraction and denial as when the issue of slavery , or racism comes up,,,

As we are the only group that isn't able to have anything special for us. Are assumed racist, sexist, etc more often. You can't be a proud white male or you are a racist. People will blame my ancestors for slavery when they know nothing of my ancestry. Just some examples I have experienced in my own life.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:56 AM

Specific Forums are for certain things...Dating and Relationship Forums are for questions and answers. If you look this is what is says above that forum...

Dating & Relationships
Discussions on how to start and keep a good relationship.

It does not include threads that is all about one person or stating your single again those are considered Chit Chat....

Hope that helps with your answer...

Very ty much.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:56 AM

The point was I am single again and Thus need to change my picture but I am on my phone. So I think it's dating as the point is to say I am single.

You can change your picture even if you're on your phone. All I have to do is click on edit pictures and instructions come up on how to update my picture via phone.

Yea but those are old lol.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:51 AM

Hmm how could the administration be the cause of the cancellation of the VH-71 presidential helicopter program. Oh you got me stumped. Damn!

how could they be the cause of auto jobs being saved,,?

the questions are endless,,,

Except that was Bush policies. Bush signed them.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:48 AM

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:41 AM
Hmm how could the administration be the cause of the cancellation of the VH-71 presidential helicopter program. Oh you got me stumped. Damn!

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:30 AM

I got laid off last time Obama won lol.

and siegel opened ANOTHER property and expanded upon two others

I guess he was able to do well under OBama after all, but can probably be even more profitable by cutting the wages he pays his workers and blaming it on 'this administration'

But mine was directly related to the administration and their policies.

as others whose jobs were saved were directly related too

sorry for your job loss, but you seemed to bounce back fine,,,,,

I would love to see evidence of saved jobs directly related to the administration as I know of 1000 lost just at where I worked. Yea bouncing back is easy when you look and have marketable skills.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:27 AM

I'm still wondering why MH called me a racist?

I think it was the slavery remark because obviously only African Americans were ever slaves.

yeah, in AMERICAN history,, they primarely were

europeans came as indentured servants, fully capable of EARNING their rights and citizenship,and not generationally sold to the highest bidder decade after decade after decade, big difference there

but we can pretend a reference to slavery made towards a black person has NOTHING to do with their race,,,:wink:

No you just went straight to the race card. His point was that most countries don't just hand out citizenship unless people are claiming refugee status and slavery is one thing they would grant refugee status for.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:23 AM

I got laid off last time Obama won lol.

and siegel opened ANOTHER property and expanded upon two others

I guess he was able to do well under OBama after all, but can probably be even more profitable by cutting the wages he pays his workers and blaming it on 'this administration'

But mine was directly related to the administration and their policies.

Chazster's photo
Fri 10/12/12 11:21 AM
The point was I am single again and Thus need to change my picture but I am on my phone. So I think it's dating as the point is to say I am single.