no photo
Tue 03/18/08 02:49 PM
Glad I could help, Jim.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 02:48 PM
Thanks

possible actions tho have not happened
does not mean they will not nor cant

Of course.. But the way it is written is leading.

It is easy to draw from that writing that FEMA has a plan to eradicate the freedoms of a few races in this country and those that choose to arm themselves. Those are some pretty astounding accusations, without much substance to back them.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 02:39 PM
Edited by Jistme on Tue 03/18/08 02:40 PM
Forgiveness or the asking of it is to clear ones own mind and make things right with whatever god they pray to.
But what you must think is do these people who ask forgiveness care a sh*t about the feelings of the people who have been hurt by there own wrong doings....I think not

Only the offender, his or her God, and very possibly, the people he victimized could know what is in a persons heart.

I have not lost any family to violent crime. I have lost some I consider family though. I have already forgiven the ones who took them. As difficult as it might be to do it? I would go. In honor of my friends, I've lost.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 02:32 PM
Adj...

All those things are true. In regards to the Executive orders. As they are quoted.

The other stuff that draws conclusions from those executive orders? Is pretty much conjecture, off of a site and radio network that has been operational for years as a shortwave and satellite based radio network. The subject matter is usually about how to cheat the IRS (because taxation is illegal), how 911 really happened, the new world order...etc... Not to mention being affiliated with the folks at GCN.com.

Not that I have anything against alternative news sites.. But to express an opinion as fact? Without any real standing or proof is not alternative, it is amatuer.

I do remember reading somewhere recently, in one of your posts...that if you are going to quote an article from a news source..that it is best and more credible to post from a variety of sources.

I agree.. With a few addendum's.
At least two of those sources should not be editorially based.

If that is not at all possible? At least two of those sources should be diametrically opposed on the issue. Somewhere in the middle the truth lies.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 09:19 AM
In the classic words of Bob Marley:

Don't worry. Be happy.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 09:03 AM

lol but i hate it when you are a half a continent away from the one you want to be next to...

It can always be worse. Count your blessings, rather then focusing on the negative. It makes it easier to get through the day.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:52 AM

and cuba is off u s soil
that changes the rules of inturnment

My point exactly. There are other reasons for placement possible... Things that you are not considering. Other than convenience.
The terms of internment in a condition of Martial Law? What do you suppose those might be?

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:49 AM

50 years ago i may have agreed 75 years ago i would have

but we have a different type of person in the govt of today

and they have proven their contempt for the people
over and over again

this country is no longer

by the people fro the people
but
by the corporation for the corporation

it is all about the bottom line

and the insurance industry is a good example

We have weathered bad Administrations before...
One man, even an assembly of men... cannot bring this country to it's knees, in the way you are suggesting.
We are not post WWI Germany. It is not the 1930's.

For as f*cked up as this country can possibly be, and in many ways is.. The situation we are in has not happened within the past 12 years. We have been in this boat since the origin of this Country.

It is business as usual.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:41 AM
Edited by Jistme on Tue 03/18/08 08:42 AM

i hope yer right

but if the big concern is illegal immigration

why is the largest camp in alaska and not in arizona

From a security and available land standpoint.. I'd say the wilderness in Alaska is as good a place as any other.

We got a prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba too.. Why do you suppose that is? Because it is convenient?

and besides the federal govt would never lie to anyone would they

just ask the indians

Very true. To a point. During the Indian wars and the development of reservations... The Indians were not considered American Citizens. The lines of communication were much, much slower too. This analogy has it's limits. True..Though.. Our Government has lied and broke treaties with the Indian Nations.. Some cases are still being heard.
If I were you.. I'd stick with the Japanese and German camps we had in WWII as a better argument.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:27 AM
Edited by Jistme on Tue 03/18/08 08:28 AM
Jist....You have to take comfort knowing you could survive in hiding if need be. I know I do.......

Of course I do... Unlike many here.. I have tested that capability many times over in my life. Both with and without firearms.
Unlike others, as well.. I do not believe happiness is a warm gun!
Many of us here believe that all you need to survive is a weapon. That it is crucial.
When I read words such as... I've been around weapons since I was 5..So, I'm sure I can survive whatever comes my way... I'm actually reading.. I place my sense of false confidence in a piece of steel, that will merely draw undue attention to me, when I am too quick to use it in situations that do not warrant a weapon.

No matter. I do not respond well to fear mongering... Calling these camps potential concentration camps at this point? Is just that. In my opinion.

Being surprised by this is a strong indicator of someones awareness. Portraying the camps as the end result of the debate over gun control is manipulative at best.

Our Government has had the power and instruments in place to call martial law since we were 13 colonies trying to be a country.

This is not news.

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 08:08 AM
I'm not to sure why we are surprised about this.

Considering the 'War on Terror' and all the hoopla regarding immigration.
For those who support tougher immigration laws and have no issue with our current stance on holding those we consider enemies of the State without due process...

Where exactly did you think we were going to put them all? In our already overcrowded prisons?

I'd be interested to see how many here have posted to topics defending the tactics we are either using or talking about using on people.. Yet have taken issue with this move.

We can't have it both ways!

no photo
Tue 03/18/08 07:19 AM
If I was actually capable of choosing who I grow to be fond of.. Who I fall for, I suppose I would have picked someone closer. Life has never been that way for me. In my history... as far back as my early teens. Every time I have tried to pick.. I've picked badly. Even the girl that turned out to be my highschool sweetheart, was the sister of the girl I originally chased after.

Distance is a tangible problem. It can be closed. If there is time, patience, trust and faith given.
It is relatively easy to overcome compared to the list of other potential hurdles relationships can present...

The only thing distance tends to do, in fine fashion...is exacerbate all the other individual character defects, flaws in the relationship and arresting growth... That can cause a relationship to crash and burn.
What the two decide to do with that is where the relationship either succeeds or fails. Whether they decide to learn from it and work on those defects... Or give the distance and defects an unwarranted power to corrupt everything that is good and right.

The long distance relationship is not designed for the weak of heart. It takes a bit of courage and ability to look into oneself honestly, to communicate honestly. A willingness to see things differently and to change accordingly.
However.. These things are also a pretty big requirement for any relationship, distant or otherwise.

I've not been one to be lonely. To feel a wanting or longing for something, anything, with a somebody I have not met yet. In that, I wasn't all that lonely before she came along. There wasn't anybody in my life to be lonely for. Now I am... For her.

Being lonely for her is not a bad feeling. Sometimes it is frustrating, without a doubt. For the most part though? It is a feeling that enhances my life rather then takes away from it. So long as we are encouraging and reminding eachother to choose to feel this way about it during our separation? To give our combined energies to the stuff we can do to close the distance and prepare for the time when we are closer... We stand a chance. Otherwise? It will erode under it's own weight. Either way...it is our choice to make. Either reaping the reward or suffering the consequence.
So far...We choose to see it as an enhancement more often then we choose to be frustrated, with eachothers help.

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:55 PM
Attending class more often might have been a good idea.

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:39 PM
One stupid thread is simply one stupid thread. Nothing prolific about it.

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:37 PM

Ummmm.... Not an honorable mention?

The only way I could figure to do it any faster then 4 threads a minute is to write an automated script to do it... That is just too geeky for me to do.

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:31 PM

No Jist, because if we gave it to you a dozen others around here would desperately try to break the record... you can imagine what THAT would look like.

Good point.. Forget I brought it up.

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:27 PM
Edited by Jistme on Mon 03/17/08 05:28 PM
Jist that'll be up to someone else to set categories for... I stay out of those nut houses.
Ahh... Probably a smart move.

Can I just pick up my award for most threads started in a 3 minute period...now?

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:24 PM
How come we are leaving out the bible thumping political threads?

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:17 PM
Edited by Jistme on Mon 03/17/08 05:18 PM
We did leave out an entire category..
It is a two parter.

Most prolific thread starter.

Most prolific stupid thread starter.

There seems to be a contest running for both.

no photo
Mon 03/17/08 05:15 PM

wouldn't that be...you?

Nope.. I had my sex changed two days ago.. didn't like it. So I am a man again.