no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:47 PM

somesy he was married to mary madolin ( sorry for the spelling)
In parts of the bible he called rabi and they cany marry

That is something that I could understand and it would make a lot of sense. It would place him in marriage, sex and even children, which are very strong parts in life. And the scriptures neither confirm or deny such a possibility. So I could see it as at least possible..would make perfect sense.

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:44 PM

but he did feel the loss of a loved one ( it was his best friend ) he even cryed .

yes a friend, but not a mother, father or child. There is a difference.

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:43 PM

Cant i just be the sexy nurse that helps fix the Kung Fu Masters booboos?

Now there's a mental picture to practice your mantra on!!!! drinker drinker laugh laugh

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:40 PM
Edited by Sumthingdifferent on Sun 02/03/08 11:42 PM

say you come across a Genie, but this Genie is different he only has two things to choose from. He can make you a great doctor, with all the degrees etc etc lots of money the works

or you can become a kung fu master, which would you choose?

I'm going Kung Fu master here, there is all kinds of Doctors but how many true Kung Fu masters are there? Plus I'm so fighting crime at night!

LOL..how many Kung Fu masters, umm several thousand in Kung Fu alone..not to mention all the other forms and styles in the martial arts.

So i would have to pick a doctor. Then I could buy a Kung Fu master with a Smith and Wesson backup. bigsmile drinker laugh

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:38 PM
Depending on the situation..you might want to be more specific.

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:33 PM
I was raised Baptist, but am now nondenominational. I have done some study in the Bible and other sources.

In the way I was raised, I was taught that Christ experienced everything a man could experience before he was crusified, so that he understood every aspect of what man goes through on earth.

I am not trying to be "arguementative", just an observation of this "belief" at least by some. From a factual type of standpoint, how could this be possible? Since Christ was in his early 30's when he was crucified, he could not have experienced such things as a loss of a parent, since both his mother and father were living. He could not have experienced a loss of a child. He was not ever claimed to have been married, although I think this may have been a possibility. but if he had not, how could he relate to something so powerful in human nature as sex. And so many other things.

So this leads me more towards that Christ was here not to experience everything that man goes through on earth, but really a focus more of why he was here and that was to take the sins of the world upon himself and was here really just for that purpose. So to say the Christs "understands" what we are all going through in any and every situation, well i would have a little problem in that if he did not experience it on a first hand basis. The understanding is there to a point, but would not see how it could be from a "first hand" perspective.

Any thoughts??? flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:16 PM
LOL..so you expect him to type!!??? noway bigsmile drinker laugh laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:12 PM

It means you have a caring spirit!flowerforyou

OMG Gypsy must be drinking..she actually made a compliment! (thanks sweetie!) noway bigsmile drinker laugh flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:11 PM

i was the same way but sometimes you can neglect yourself because you are always giving ....unless they do the same for you it will balance itself out just right.

Yes, I am very fortunate, I have wonderful friends and family and if i am down, they step right up. So you have a great point there..it can be a two way thing and it actually does balance out. Thanks! drinker

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:09 PM

to swim with the sharks, you must become a shark. plus it's nice being at the top of the food chain.

LOL..not true. You can be a dolphin and dominate a shark..and dolphins are human friendly. bigsmile drinker smokin

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:08 PM

It's the same as in an emergency situation. If you don't take time to help for yourself you can't help anyone else, in turn if you don't love yourself how can you truly love another.
It like RESPECT, if you don't respect your self, then HOW, WHY, would YOU EVER WANT to respect ANOTHER?:heart: :wink:

Thanks. But I place "respect" on a different level. I respect myself, and respect most of my loved ones, but in certain areas in certain cases, I actually do not respect thier decisions in some areas. Its a little more complicated. happy

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:05 PM

How does one truly express respect and compassion for others, if they don't truly show themselves the same level of compassion and respect ???

Doormat seems to be the flavour of the month....if you are one of 'the burnt chop syndrome mob', where you always give the best to others, and take the burnt chop for you, then you are actually not showing love to others, but displaying controlling behaviours.

People who always place others above themselves, actually obligate others, to 'see' their deeds, and expect something from them....if you treat yourself as an EQUAL to all others, there is no obligations, no expectations, and one truly understands, what love with no conditions means.....

The ole 'selfish' card gets thrown around, about now.... but it's a fallacy.

OK, but with me, I never have any expectations..and just like with my friends and family.. "we don't keep score". Even with a stranger, if I help them I appreciate one thing in return..a sincere "thank you" and never anything more. So how would you classify that, since you seem to have the classifications down pretty well. happy

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 11:02 PM

It's the same as in an emergency situation. If you don't take time to help for yourself you can't help anyone else, in turn if you don't love yourself how can you truly love another.

I understand, maybe I should clarify. In that sense I do love myself...I just happen to love those I do love more than myself, because I would rather myself go througha situation than have to see them go through it. I would rather take the bullet than let them take it.

So again, I do love myself and have no self esteem or securty issues. So is there a problem because I love my loved ones more than myself??

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 10:40 PM
OK, I just read a thread which reminded me of something I have often wondered about. The statement was "you can't love anyone until you love yourself". And then that brought up in my mind the Biblical scripture of "Love your neighbor as yourself".

Now here is the thing, I am considered a "selfless" person. I care more about others than I do myself. Not at all that I have a self esteem issue, I am very secure and confident. But I simply care more about others than I do myself. I have always been this way my entire life. So when people make those kinds of statements or I hear things like that, they simply do not seem to "fit" with me.

Is this "unhealthy"? I don't consider it to be, because again, I have no self esteem issues or security issues.

But I wanted to get other people's views on this one????

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 10:29 PM

I love that name Enya it sounds provocative smooched bigsmile

ROFL..I think you lost any chance with Enya with your previous statement about the "crap". bigsmile laugh

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 10:28 PM

drinker laugh It's a good thing I don't have a woman to waste my money on for that crap

LOL..umm so why are you here on this site then?? noway laugh

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 10:21 PM
OK, what about my favorite one???? Sterling Silver rose??? flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 10:18 PM
Sounds like she needs some serious counsellling. I would advise NOT getting involved with her other than a concerned friend, because she herself should not be involved in a "relationship" in her condition.

Because of her past expereinces, especially abuse and rape, she has serious things to deal with now. So those should be handled before ANY relationships even get started. otherwise you are going into a crap shoot and the odds will be heavily against you.

Good luck! flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 10:13 PM

They have a few races a year in Texas and Nevada that are "Open Road" races. You can go as fast as your safety equipment will let you on closed off public roads.

The open road would not be the problem, would be finding the vehicle made for that speed. If I was still in my 20's I would attempt one of the super crotch rockets they have and do a couple of miles on it at that speed, but not at my age now. I'm not "old" but going that fast on a bike you need to be at the top of your "reflex" speed. One good speed wobble and I would have to be changing my pants if I did not lay it over. noway drinker laugh laugh smokin

no photo
Sun 02/03/08 09:01 PM
Edited by Sumthingdifferent on Sun 02/03/08 09:03 PM
Ive done top speed of 168 in a 1969 El Camino SS with a modified 396 in it. I have done over 150 a few times on open road, would cruise going from Oklahoma to southern CA in through New Mexico and Arizona on I-40 on my Goldwings at 135 most of the way. Had a court case in southern CA back in about 1993 when I got tagged catching air over a hill coming the "back roads" back from Las Vegas, was going about 140 in a new Honda Del Sol (was my best friend's..he was in the car too)

But would still love to hit the 200 MPH mark just once! Though about the NASCAR training school circuit, but found out they govern the cars down to like 160 or something. Guess I will just have to do it "illegally" on open raod in a special car. :tongue: drinker

Anyone ever seen that U-Tube clip of the guy in the vette on the autobaun in Europe doing 200??? Would be SO COOL just ONCE!

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next