Community > Posts By > TJN

TJN's photo
Mon 08/06/12 08:55 PM
The killer was a communist skin head. Yet all the media here has pressed that he's an Army vet
They are investigating it as domestic terrorism.
BS I say.
You have a Muslim kill how many at Fort Hood and the last thing you could say was terrorism.
This country is SCREWED UP!!!!

TJN's photo
Thu 08/02/12 01:31 PM

It's as out-dated as the Pony-Express!
A typical inefficient Government-Service!

You keep calling it inefficient why?
What would you do differently to make it efficient?
Privatize it,as it should have been long ago!

Thanks for your answer I guess.
It is basically privatized. It's a seperate entity of the government. No tax dollars are used to support the PO. Yet still regulated and the government mandates the PO do certain things which is what is hurting the PO.

TJN's photo
Thu 08/02/12 11:03 AM

It's as out-dated as the Pony-Express!
A typical inefficient Government-Service!

You keep calling it inefficient why?
What would you do differently to make it efficient?

TJN's photo
Thu 08/02/12 09:19 AM
That's the first time I've heard on the news what is really happening. Everyone wants to bash the USPS not the real problem.
Thanks for the post!

TJN's photo
Thu 08/02/12 07:37 AM
Voter ID rules protect seniors, minorities from fraudsters, says new study
Published: 12:10 AM 08/02/12

Criminal justice data shows that blacks and poor people are the most common victims of voter fraud and are the greatest beneficiaries of voter identification rules, according to a new study.

The courtroom evidence “completely contradicts the [progressive claim] that blacks, seniors, college students and other disadvantages groups are being victimized,” said Horace Cooper, an adjunct fellow at the National Center for Public Policy Research.

“The truth is … [that] the criminals — more often than not — are Democrats violating the rights of people who tend to be black or senior,” he told The Daily Caller.

A large investigation in Virginia, for example, showed that 30 percent of fraud allegations were centered in Richmond, which has the highest percentage of African-Americans in the state. In the state a wide investigation of voter fraud produced criminal charges against 38 people.

Good voter identification procedures would reduce that fraudulent voting, and aid minorities most, Cooper said.

The new study damages progressives’ claims that the popular demand for voter identification laws mask a GOP effort to suppress the vote of racial and ethnic minorities who support Democratic candidates.

That claim has been central to a variety of Democratic efforts to block voter ID laws in critical swing-states, including Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

For example, the New York-based Brennan Center claims that “as many as 11 percent of eligible voters do not have government-issued photo,” and that people should be allowed to use other form of identification when voting.

President Barack Obama’s Department of Justice has also sued to block voter ID laws. Attorney General Eric Holder has repeatedly suggested these laws are racist and intended to suppress African-American voting.

But GOP politicians and activists say voter ID laws are needed to suppress a significant level of fraudulent voting in general elections and in primaries.

The campaign for better voter-identification laws has public support — polls show overwhelming support for new laws — as well as support from the Supreme Court.

The court has already approved voter ID laws in various states, including Georgia, despite furious opposition among progressives and Democratic activists.

Cooper’s study highlighted cases where inadequate voter ID rules allowed political operatives to submit fraudulent votes under the names of local minorities.

Three times as many Democrats as Republicans have been charged with voter fraud, he said.

In Troy, New York, four Democratic officials have pled guilty to forging mail-in ballots. The fake ballots were submitted under the names of people who “live in low-income housing [because] there is a sense that they are a lot less likely to ask any questions. … What appears as a huge conspiracy to nonpolitical persons is really a normal political tactic,” Democratic Committeeman Anthony DeFiglio told the police as he plead guilty.

A particular problem is fraudulent voting during low-turnout primary elections, which allows corrupt Democratic party bosses to keep control over elected representatives, former Democratic Rep. Artur Davis told TheDC.

“The people who engage in the in-person fraud, or the theft and interception of ballots, or the people who try to [arrange votes by] illegal felons and aliens … are doing so at the expense of minorities that they fear won’t show up” during the election, Cooper said.

Often, “it is their view that minorities aren’t reliable voters and that they need to manipulate the outcome on their behalf,” he said.

“If that’s not bigoted and racist, I don’t know what it,” he added.

http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/02/voter-id-rules-protect-seniors-minorities-from-fraudsters-says-new-study/

TJN's photo
Wed 08/01/12 07:54 AM
Then we can start anew...something I hope Obama is hopefully addressing....but we have been there before.

First off who is "we"?
Obama hasn't changed anything.
Still in Iraq
More troops in Afghanistan
Guantanamo Bay still open.........

TJN's photo
Tue 07/31/12 03:03 PM
True, but who needs the same services the USPS offers anymore? Email and internet services and other technologies have made it basically obsolete. I personally only use the USPS for packages and bills (occasionally holiday cards and such). It's my understanding that the USPS has had to stop Saturday delivery in many places.

There are surely going to be bitter clingers, but like the horse n' buggy makers of old, they'll be forced to give up because of economic forces.

You'd be surprised how many use the USPS services.
I don't know where you heard they stopped service on Saturdays in many places, but your sources are wrong. The USPS wants to stop Saturday service but it has to be approved through congress.
I would like them to stop Saturday delivery. Then I could have a "normal" job.
It would make sense if you ask me. Cutting 1/6 of their operating costs and cutting a lot of overtime pay.
But the union and democrats in congress won't let them.
I agree times are changing. But volume hasn't dropped enough to just get rid of house to house delivery yet.

TJN's photo
Tue 07/31/12 12:10 PM

Inefficient as any Political Enterprise!

http://mises.org/daily/5891/USPS-The-Cursed-Carriers

I agree with some of the article.
But you can't compare the USPS with FedEx and UPS. Simple fact is FedEx and UPS don't stop at EVERY house 6 days a week, whereas the USPS is mandated by government to do. Ok we may not stop at every house because not every house gets mail every day but we still have to walk by it.

Inefficient!
Just to deliver Junkmail to the Boonies?laugh

US-Mail is a Service whose Time has gone!
Privatize it!
Swiss Mail had to do it!
Only the Ownership hasn't changed!
But the Organization and all has been Privatized!
In another Generation or less it will probably be history!

Inefficiant by whose standards? Someone's opinion?
Like I stated in my first post the government mandates we pay 75 years in advance for Heath and retirement. And i'd bet the riminals in ongress have spent that money already thats why they wont a t on any legislation for the USPS. I agree with most of the article government needs to get out.
I'll still stand my ground that you CAN'T compare the USPS with FedEx and UPS because FedEx and UPS DO NOT OFFER THE SAME SERVICES AS the USPS.

TJN's photo
Tue 07/31/12 10:54 AM

Inefficient as any Political Enterprise!

http://mises.org/daily/5891/USPS-The-Cursed-Carriers

I agree with some of the article.
But you can't compare the USPS with FedEx and UPS. Simple fact is FedEx and UPS don't stop at EVERY house 6 days a week, whereas the USPS is mandated by government to do. Ok we may not stop at every house because not every house gets mail every day but we still have to walk by it.

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 04:58 PM
Edited by TJN on Mon 07/30/12 04:59 PM

You need to be a US citizen to vote, but not to have an opinion. What the US does often affects the globe.

You don't know our voting system very well.
You can be dead and give an address of a vacant lot and vote.
No way!

That happens in many countries but it doesn't amount to a bag of beans in the scheme of things.

Keep telling yourself that and it might come true.
Why do you think democrats here are so against voter ID?

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 02:16 PM

You need to be a US citizen to vote, but not to have an opinion. What the US does often affects the globe.

You don't know our voting system very well.
You can be dead and give an address of a vacant lot and vote.

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 12:22 PM
Well considering the payments are for retirement and healthcare which is funded 75 years in advance I also see no short term problems.
The government needs to get off their ***** and untie the hands of the USPS and give them he freedom they need to stay solvent.

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 12:19 PM

'
@AndyBgood

Will you be voting in November Andy?

:banana: RON PAUL!:banana:

HERE IS A SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON ON THE ISSUES AND WHERE EACH CANDIDATE STANDS! NOTE THEY ALSO TALLY CHANGING UP ON ISSUES! OBAMA LEADS THAT CATEGORY!

http://2012election.procon.org/view.source-summary-chart.php

Let the issues be your guide! bear in mind Ron Paul does not mirror my ideas in a lot of ways but he makes more sense than the other two main streamers!

Had a quick squint at that and I line-up with Obama

Surprised at some of Pauls Stats

But if I was an American I would not vote for any of them in the coming Elections and would advise as many people as possible to do the same.

They all have to do what their masters instruct them to do.

Put The Elite Bankers in Jail and then we might see some justice.

I'm sure if you would request an absentee ballot the democrats would gladly send you one.

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 10:29 AM

No diferent than Obama and his drone attacks.

We can Judge Obama when he completes his second Term. There is nothing better on the cards unless the American people stay away in their millions from the voting booths in November

Why wait? The drones are in the air as we speak.

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 10:17 AM
No diferent than Obama and his drone attacks.

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 09:43 AM

What Part of America are from again?

Ummm what is your question?

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 07:33 AM
If you haven't noticed Obama says what he needs to say to please whatever group or country he is speaking in front of. I don't recall an policy changes from the Obama administration that make the US anymore Europe friendly.

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 07:10 AM
Edited by TJN on Mon 07/30/12 07:11 AM

Nobody boycotted Obama when he shared the same views as the owner of Chich-fil-a.

sure they do, its called not voting for him again

people are boycotting him over all types of issues,,,

and its their perogative with their vote as much as it is with their money,,,to spend it where they choose.

Obama's views on gay marriage wasn't ever an issue.
I don't recall Mayors of cities telling Obama he can't come to their city because of his views on gay marriage.

Where is their "

they dont have the authority to ban the president, as far as that goes

plus, the president was never firmly 'against' gay marriage, he always left it open for visitation and further evaluation,,,,

Where is their "authority" to tell a business they can't open a store in their city?
Where is the diversity, the tolerance that liberals, and the LGBT call for?
I've seen nowhere where this company has discriminated against anyone.

TJN's photo
Mon 07/30/12 04:05 AM

Nobody boycotted Obama when he shared the same views as the owner of Chich-fil-a.

sure they do, its called not voting for him again

people are boycotting him over all types of issues,,,

and its their perogative with their vote as much as it is with their money,,,to spend it where they choose.

Obama's views on gay marriage wasn't ever an issue.
I don't recall Mayors of cities telling Obama he can't come to their city because of his views on gay marriage.

TJN's photo
Sun 07/29/12 04:56 PM

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next