Community > Posts By > Hendrixfan

Hendrixfan's photo
Sun 12/29/19 11:38 AM
slightly off topic but 2 more of her behaviors kinda tickle me.She sheds ALOT so I brush her daily and when I use the metal tongs side if the brush along her back she'll "chirp" ,kinda like smoke alarm w/ low battery. The other is "prey chatter" which i hadn't experienced before and thought she was having a seizure soon after first bringing her home.If she sees a spider on the all or fly on the window she'll chatter like she's stuttering.Vet told me is quite common.Who knew? .Funny now but really threw me a curve the first time.Gotta love 'em

Hendrixfan's photo
Sun 12/29/19 09:36 AM
Sometimes she'll ambush me when i'm walking thru the house.She'll lay in wait and them rush up behind or from the side and "tag" me w/ her paw.Is it playtime?
When I first rescued her she had been abused and any sort of contact led to "love bites" not breaking the skin and scratches that did.Huge trust issues. I quickly learned that anything over 5 strokes to her body would get a bite or other protest.Lots of purring,build up of energy and then BAM ! I don't seem to get the reaction when stroking the head/ears,just the long side strokes. She's training me.
After a coupla years we're both older and wiser(lol) so we seem to tolerate each other more now.My previous Russian Blue was just the opposite of this American short hair. You couldn't touch Blues tummy but current cat demands it.Go figure.

Hendrixfan's photo
Sat 12/28/19 07:48 PM
No plans for NYE. Quiet night w/Kitty Cat who'll get a smooch at midnight.Other than that I don't practice any NYE rituals like fireworks,gunfire,banging pots'n pans to scare away evil.No other spiritual superstitions like a full house cleaning or "out with the old" closet cleaning w/trip to Goodwill,throwing something from the house at 12 like water,clothes ,coins or whatever as a purge,or (under consideration) opening the front and back doors at midnight to let out the bad and allow goodness in.Food rituals? 12 grapes/raisins representing the next 12 months,black eyed peas.Of course a champagne toast is traditional & essential just because,right? Enjoy &
Happy New Year/Decade to all.

Hendrixfan's photo
Sat 12/28/19 12:52 PM

Listen to that voice inside you that yelled "no", when asked by a friend to explore an abandoned boat on the beach.
It was a disastrous decision I made to say "ok".

YIKES1 Ominous and provocative.A twofer.
... like a "teaser" on the dust jacket of a novel.
Seriously we're glad you survived LW7

Hendrixfan's photo
Sat 12/28/19 12:35 PM
100% truth ,no fillers.

As Riverspirit points out nuance is missing when writing for strangers around the world on the internet.Polite and non confrontational in the forums.We all want to fit in.So I guess I do pull my punches.

An email would get slightly more specific and perhaps personally revealing. I don't text.Still formal though.

Back to polite and avoiding conflict in a face to face w/ a stranger in day to day small talk stuff...retail clerk, mailman, neighbor etc.

Person to person at the kitchen table I'd feel more comfortable exposing more truthful personal info and the language may or may not include profanity and sarcasm. Eye contact and tone of voice very helpful.But still no BS.

Embellishing or trying to deceive is WAY bad karma.We all hate to be lied to.
Nearly every woman's(completed) profile here states that.

Summary:
I won't insult your intelligence by lying.

& lying to me tells me you think I'm stoopid. A deal breaker.

"Just gimme some truth".

Hendrixfan's photo
Fri 12/27/19 08:44 PM
I like to identify the region the US oldies came from.

Detroit/Motown had an easily recognized sound. Supremes ,4 Tops ,Temptations

LA: surf music Beach Boys.& Spectors Wall of Sound and all the hits from Goldstar Studios w/ Wrecking Crew. Doors, folk rock Byrds & country rock singer/songwriters Ronstadt/Eagles/CSN/Jackson/Joni etc.

Memphis: ,Stax Records & Otis Redding, Sam & Dave

East coast/ NYC Aretha ,Rascals Dion & doo ***

Nashville: Elvis & all the country oldies

North West: Raiders ,Kingsmen

Northern Cal:Airplane,Santana

South: Little Richard ,James Brown

Midwest Chuck Berry, Mitch Ryder

did i overlook any?

Hendrixfan's photo
Fri 12/27/19 04:24 PM
NYC "shock jock " Don Imus has passed away at the age of 79.
Started his radio career in California. 3 years later went to NYC. Probably best known for his "1200 hamburgers to go" on air phone call to McDonalds. Very old school and not even close to politically correct.The "I-Man" retired from radio in March of 2018. He is survived by his wife and son.R.I.P. I-Man.

Hendrixfan's photo
Fri 12/27/19 12:36 PM
2020 will be the turning point for climate change. The election will determine whether we continue the denial or change course and pump the brakes if it's not too late.
Politicians come and go but climate change won't . Water supply,crops,weather,ecosystems all affected worldwide.
I really hope I'm wrong on this a year from now.

Hendrixfan's photo
Fri 12/27/19 09:38 AM
Anyone else in Northern hemisphere enjoying bright colors from their Christmas cactus .I have 3 different colors .1 starts flowering as early at Halloween the other 2 closer to Thanksgiving and now all 3 around Christmas. A little water and deadheading and they show beautifully.Nice to have a bit of color indoors during the rainy season

Hendrixfan's photo
Thu 12/26/19 11:28 PM

Every deaddiction needs an addiction

I believe you're referring to addiction substitution.Replacing one habit with a new one.
Alice Cooper says golf saved his life. He swapped his obsessive drinking with obsessive golf .Channeling destructive behavior into something more productive.
Sort of harnessing the obsessive compulsive energy.

Hey ,it worked for Alice.

Hendrixfan's photo
Wed 12/25/19 06:01 PM
Many people will walk in and out of your life, But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart. To handle yourself, use your head; To handle others, use your heart. Anger is only one letter short of danger. If someone betrays you once, it is his fault; If he betrays you twice, it is your fault. Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. He who loses money, loses much; He, who loses a friend, loses much more; He, who loses faith, loses all. Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art. Learn from the mistakes of others. You can't live long enough to make them all yourself. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Hendrixfan's photo
Wed 12/25/19 03:43 PM
Stephen King " Elevation "
Large Print

Hendrixfan's photo
Wed 12/25/19 02:03 PM

It can give you jelly legs and knock you out though. I made rather a strong space cake once. And my legs went, I didn't dare walk down the stairs, I slid down on my bum. And its weird because I'd just walked for an hour to buy some rizla, got back, rolled a spliff. Had been feeling quite pleasantly stoned, then before I lit it, thought I need to use the bathroom. Then, pow, splat, bouncing off the walls. I never did light it that night. Maybe I should lay down, where did that come from

EDIBLES

Great point to bring up especially for those new comers to recreational cannabis.It's just like having a drink right? PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH EDIBLES.I know you hate the smell of burning weed but you want to see what it's all about. So you buy some THC gummy bears at your dispensary, eat one and wait an hour or so.Nothing. So you eat another thinking it's not working. Half hour later your mouth is going dry ,you feel very anxious,eyes totally bloodshot and starting to feel high.That's just the first gummy kicking in.Don't panic.Try to enjoy the ride,put on some music and chill, eventually falling asleep
Trying to gauge dosage and back time the effects are guesswork at best even for the daily/chronic,(pun intended) user for multiple decades.PLEASE
GO SLOW with edibles. Maybe start w/ half a gummy first and be patient. And obviously DON"T DRIVE.

The use of non THC tinctures for seizures in children is truly a ,godsend and a blessing.And if someone gets benefits from CBD use, again w/o THC who's to say it's not medically effective ?
just my two cents

Hendrixfan's photo
Tue 12/24/19 09:28 PM
Paloma Faith "Guilty"

I've been a criminal, I made a mistake
Believed in the fictional
Then let everything slip away
I can't accept my fate
Thought the alternative looked so crystal clear
Drowned in the muddy waters
And I'm living in my worst fears
Begging you back through tears

Hendrixfan's photo
Tue 12/24/19 05:00 PM
Edited by Hendrixfan on Tue 12/24/19 05:04 PM

Where did it come from? Is it a new thing?

CAT

I believe the term 4:20 (PM not AM) started in Northern California's beautiful Marin County ,specifically San Raphael(home town of Grateful Dead) as a code for what time to meet up after school to smoke dope...Marijuana, bud ,grass,Maryjane,chronic etc.
.Now it's just used to identify fellow cannabis users .
"I'm 420 friendly" simply states I smoke pot or I'm OK w/ you partaking. BTW:The term
Cannabis seems to be used by medical marijuana folks and weed more for recreational users.
With the advent of CBD use it would seem old demon marijuana has been finally accepted as useful by the mainstream and NOT a stepping stone (no pun intended ) to harder stuff ...ie heroin.

"Feeling good,Feeling good. All the money in the world spent on feeling good"
Ry Cooder

Hendrixfan's photo
Tue 12/24/19 12:01 PM
the original " Nature Boy " Buddy Rogers

Hendrixfan's photo
Mon 12/23/19 03:16 PM
Paris France for a week or two ,say late Sept. ?

Montmarte 18th Arrondissement

or back to Florence Italy w/ similar Sept/Oct time frame

for essentially the same thing Art museums and OLD churches

Hendrixfan's photo
Mon 12/23/19 01:29 PM

The Manager at my work was very rude to me today in front of her partner. She is highly strung and I am not. She accused me of taking a 30 minute break, when I took 15 minutes.
I know this is going to be a regular ongoing accurance, because she is the paranoid type.
I want to quit, I can easily find another job tomorrow. How much notice should I give?
I train people, am great at my job, but she happens to make everyone on our team on edge. Her manner is weird as a supposed leader.
I want to quit now, like give her no notice and leave her begging for staff or me lol. Up with loyalty, she has none to me.
She will never apologize when in the wrong.
What would you do?

Clearly your feelers are hurt.Please don't over react.Take a breath .Start your new job search now,although hard to do this time of year. Then give your notice after you've found a new gig.You really can't control how she'll respond. If she wants to fire you ,then let it be. A lot of managers are threatened by competent non magmt. people that they work with and they overcompensate .
Then you can leave w/ a clean resume and start over.Reason for leaving ? New job.
"Don't insult the alligator until AFTER you've crossed the river"
Good luck.

Hendrixfan's photo
Mon 12/23/19 09:47 AM
Edited by Hendrixfan on Mon 12/23/19 09:54 AM
1950's Sam Cooke , Ella Fitzgerald
1960's Janis Joplin, John Lennon, Aretha, Otis Redding
1970's Paul Rodgers , Steve Perry (both influenced by Sam )
1980's Joe Elliot , Patty Smyth (Scandal) Lou Gramm
1990's Chris Cornell, Vince Gill

Hendrixfan's photo
Sun 12/22/19 06:01 PM
Run Run Rudolph Chuck Berry