Community > Posts By > Unknow

no photo
Thu 08/05/21 11:16 AM
I once got a ticket for an air freshener hanging from my rear view mirror.

no photo
Tue 08/03/21 01:05 PM
:heart: 10 :heart:

You burn with the heat of a thousand suns.

no photo
Fri 07/16/21 04:12 AM
Your moobs are lovely. love

no photo
Fri 07/16/21 04:08 AM
Thessia. The home world of the Asari.

no photo
Fri 07/16/21 03:58 AM
:heart: Dreamy :heart:

no photo
Fri 07/16/21 03:53 AM

If you're familiar with Chivalric code,
then you might have an inkling as to what
genuine Chivalry was all about.

What many modern era people believe to be Chivalry,
is actually linked more to the Age of Cavaliers,
and has pretty much nothing to do with Chivalry.

Thanks to the "artistic liberties" of romance novelists
of the 1700s and 1800s. Bastards. rant

Exactly. Those "chivalrous " knights were actually cutthroat hooligans. Second or third sons of noblemen who were looking to find their way in the world. Due to laws of primogeniture, only first sons inherited.

The knights became such a problem that they were part of the reason for the first crusade. The Pope saw an excellent way to get rid of them.

Very romantic. 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know what history book you've been reading?
The Pope was very happy with the Templars. It wasn't until the Templars fell out with the French king as they'd lent him huge amounts of money that he'd squandered, that things went wrong. The king FORCED the Pope to do something about the Templars and that's how they got slaughtered and tortured while they had done NOTHING wrong whatsoever.
So as per usual the whole onslaught in southern France had to do with money and an arrogant SOB --> the French king.

Also, Templars were monks. And not all knights were Templars. The Templars were mostly French. And they went on crusades to protect and expand Christendom. If you consider that "cutthroat hooligans"...

Regular knights weren't "hooligans" either and most had lands and property.

As for chivalry... whatever it may have been yonks ago, does it really matter? It's more important what it evolved into through the centuries which is what we think of now in this day and age.
We also don't base our views of for instance 'marriage' and 'justice' and 'romantic partners' on what it used to be almost a thousands years ago but on what it evolved into.

My thesis for my Master's degree was an analysis of the reasons for the first crusade. I have a fair amount of knowledge on this subject.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: That would be an interesting thesis to read.

More specifically it focused on Pope Urban II and his reasons for calling The Coucil of Clermont and its effect on the call to arms.

I found the topic fascinating, but others might find it a bit dry... laugh

no photo
Tue 07/13/21 01:53 PM
Not a fan. Lived there for a brief time. There are hundreds of places I'd rather visit, probably thousands.

no photo
Tue 07/13/21 08:07 AM

Exactly. Those "chivalrous " knights were actually cutthroat hooligans. Second or third sons of noblemen who were looking to find their way in the world. Due to laws of primogeniture, only first sons inherited.

The knights became such a problem that they were part of the reason for the first crusade. The Pope saw an excellent way to get rid of them.

Very romantic. 🤣🤣🤣

I don't know what history book you've been reading?
The Pope was very happy with the Templars. It wasn't until the Templars fell out with the French king as they'd lent him huge amounts of money that he'd squandered, that things went wrong. The king FORCED the Pope to do something about the Templars and that's how they got slaughtered and tortured while they had done NOTHING wrong whatsoever.
So as per usual the whole onslaught in southern France had to do with money and an arrogant SOB --> the French king.

Also, Templars were monks. And not all knights were Templars. The Templars were mostly French. And they went on crusades to protect and expand Christendom. If you consider that "cutthroat hooligans"...

Regular knights weren't "hooligans" either and most had lands and property.

As for chivalry... whatever it may have been yonks ago, does it really matter? It's more important what it evolved into through the centuries which is what we think of now in this day and age.
We also don't base our views of for instance 'marriage' and 'justice' and 'romantic partners' on what it used to be almost a thousands years ago but on what it evolved into.

My thesis for my Master's degree was an analysis of the reasons for the first crusade. I have a fair amount of knowledge on this subject.

no photo
Tue 07/13/21 04:17 AM

Very romantic. 🤣🤣🤣

no photo
Tue 07/13/21 03:58 AM
Edited by Unknow on Tue 07/13/21 03:59 AM
First, if you're recently divorced, why not take some time before you start searching? Figure out what it is that ended your marriage and work on correcting flaws.

Second, if you're determined to look on dating sites then you need to be able to immediately spot scammers, fakes, etc. It's absurdly easy if you know what to look for.

Third, OT: your profile is fine. However, I'm sure many women will be turned off by the lack of photos without a dead animal, but that's your look out. Good luck!

no photo
Fri 06/18/21 01:59 PM
I'm checking in on tips for hair.

no photo
Fri 06/18/21 01:58 PM
:heart: Dreamy :heart:

no photo
Fri 06/18/21 01:53 PM
Birthday

no photo
Fri 04/30/21 01:09 PM
One

no photo
Wed 04/28/21 12:21 PM
Doctor Jimmy

no photo
Wed 04/28/21 12:15 PM
Edited by Unknow on Wed 04/28/21 12:16 PM
Bellboy

no photo
Wed 04/28/21 12:12 PM
Still You Turn Me On

no photo
Wed 04/28/21 12:08 PM
You Never Give Me Your Money

no photo
Sun 04/25/21 03:47 PM
It's part of my job as a boob inspector.

no photo
Fri 04/16/21 11:39 AM
You should look for Olive Oyl. :thumbsup:

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25