Community > Posts By > Kahurangi

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 04/28/13 02:45 PM
Hey Zee waving

Was going to post a you tube link to the eagle thing...but the re-enactment is pretty gruesome spock

Hopefull this link will work...if not, you may want to google Haast's Eagle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast%27s_Eagle

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 04/28/13 02:30 PM

I have wondered at times if God produces new souls for those who are born or are their souls being re-born into new bodies. If it is the latter, then most Western religions have got it all wrong from what they inherited from all the past and ancient religions that had seen very little change in their core belief systems in thousands of years and being adopted and adapted to by many peoples around this world...
I've had some long and very interesting talks with various monks and priests and by far the best were with Jesuits but in the end nothing was theologically ascertained; not even from the Suma Theologica from St. Thomas Aquinas, perhaps the greatest writer on theology.

Tis easier for people to look for an argument to what you suggest than to accept or believe in souls being reborn into mortal form. I believe the soul to be eternal, and we come back to learn lessons to enable us to reach a higher level of consciousness. We make pacts with other souls to help us attain that level of consciousness prior to taking on an earthly form. Hence, the term 'soul mates'. Unfortunately, we get too caught up with living to remember the pacts made and in doing so...become disconnected from the purpose of being and as a result...become blind to the signs that are clearly put in our path as 'reminders'

How can we be sure our souls are eternal?...how can we be sure that our souls are not?

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 04/24/13 06:51 AM
I think Chrissy was a work of entertaining art!

But the songs remain....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv-34w8kGPM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aYzQb6cc5E

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 04/24/13 06:35 AM
I miss Warney with his zinc covered lips indifferent

Seems he has Liz Hurley covering them now though...

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 04/24/13 06:08 AM
Edited by Kahurangi on Wed 04/24/13 06:17 AM
The feline just looks like it can do with a good feed of munchies is all :wink:

Hey Z..D, G, I, and anyone else i missed...ooo say those letters out really fast....and may the force be with you :-)

Actually i just had a thought that what and how we write now, will more than likely be heiroglyphics to the reader years or even aeons from now...hmmmmm...ancient pub heiroglyphics...interesting.

But before i get away with the twaddle....I'm curious about the flora on the flipside, sooooo..i was wondering if y'all would do a favour the next time your out and aboat somewhere in the wilderness gathering twigs in your hair....wellllll...for those of you who have twig magnets for hair anyhoo. Take note of where there is a split in the land where you are, perhaps it is a highway or roadworks bulldozing or building a highway, anywhere where there seems to have been a split in the land or through a forest. If and when you do, can you let me know what species of tree is most prominent where the split is please??

@ Gep...he hasn't written a book as such, more of a handbook to those who are drawn to rongoa, because the knowledge he has stored in his head is a taonga (treasure), which i believe is accessible to those who can understand and respect it. Sorry if i'm being 'whatever'....but that's how it is.

This link may help to explain though...

http://www.bpac.org.nz/magazine/2008/may/rongoa.asp

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 04/19/13 03:53 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Fri 04/19/13 03:53 PM
Try to understand yourself first before trying to understand others.

Oh..and don't sell that Ford XB Coupe!!

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 04/19/13 03:36 PM

change of plans K.. have to go get the wee one now..
so I'll be here.. same bat time bigsmile drinker :banana:

A watched telephone doesn't ring...or is that a pot?

Pot??...who said that?? laugh

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 04/19/13 03:28 PM

Quickie @ the pub before heading out to take a spin on another thread...or 2 :-)

One word that describes the w'end i just had....amazing!! Don't know where to begin...but i thought my cuzzies backyard would be a good start.

Taken out on the cousin's balcony of her apartment the morning after a somewhat fluffy reunion of catching up...where my cuz decided we needed a night out on the town before i had to switch to 'bush mode'laugh

Thought you might like the boats ;-)

Ha!..i returned to Oz with dreadlocks and twigs in my hair indifferent

But loved every minute of it happy

I'm really glad you had an amazing time K.. and you're right.. I LOVE da boats bigsmile laugh

that must've taken awhile to get THAT hair dreaded noway and you sat still through it all? good on you! :wink:

can't wait to hear the WHOLE tale.. best clear your calendar around the same Bat time bigsmile

I kid you not about the dreds & twigs....walking through some very dense forest would do that laugh

Did you know....that you will find all the healing plants and trees on the fringe of a forest?? It makes sense if you think about it. Ooooo....and i also found out an interesting fact about my home that i didn't know until the w'end.

Apparently Enzed was once home to the largest eagle to have ever flown the skies of this planet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast%27s_Eagle

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 04/19/13 03:11 PM

"Ha!..i returned to Oz with dreadlocks and twigs in my hair indifferent"

...sticks a fork in K. Nup, yer not done yet. git! Three days.. fitty miles or more from home is the beginning~ start is something clicked, beginning is of time span.
Delt is has not been fair, but don't leave home as without dem delts.
yeah..twisted I did.
twenty kg of water in each blocks yer heel as wind unda wing. huffs~

.. wait till your brudda finds out of dreds 'n twigs. "smiles" N? :)

Ummmm...i'm pretty sure there's someone else out there who would appreciate your forking :wink:

Kahurangi's photo
Fri 04/19/13 02:47 PM
The title of this thread alone is probably one of the reasons why the goddess has fled and left you to deal with the harpies, gorgons, and banshees.

Enjoy!!

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 04/18/13 04:43 AM
Beware the taniwha with a silver tongue!

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 04/18/13 04:41 AM
Hey John Bear :-)

Howzit Kik? :-)

Taken at the lodge our group stayed at for the workshop, located deep in the bush and quite a way from civilization. The lodge itself was built by the tribe belonging to that area using the surrounding forest for material. It was specifically built for education purposes and didn't rely upon government funding....so the tribe, or Iwi as tribes are known as in Enzed utilized their own resources, ie, forest, builders, and whatever else they needed themselves. It truly is a beautiful, peaceful place :-)

This is a Totara tree, said to be female by our old people. She is only a baby though @ 200 years old :smile:

Kahurangi's photo
Thu 04/18/13 04:03 AM
Edited by Kahurangi on Thu 04/18/13 04:05 AM
Quickie @ the pub before heading out to take a spin on another thread...or 2 :-)

One word that describes the w'end i just had....amazing!! Don't know where to begin...but i thought my cuzzies backyard would be a good start.

Taken out on the cousin's balcony of her apartment the morning after a somewhat fluffy reunion of catching up...where my cuz decided we needed a night out on the town before i had to switch to 'bush mode'laugh

Thought you might like the boats ;-)

Ha!..i returned to Oz with dreadlocks and twigs in my hair indifferent

But loved every minute of it happy

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 04/10/13 06:35 AM
hehe...that's a matronly slap upside the head if ever i saw one :-)

Will chat to you when i get back Zee :smile:

Laters drinker

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 04/10/13 06:26 AM
Hot toddy...warmed whisky, great for colds...guaranteed to knock you out for the night, thus ensuing a good night sleep. Or you can run as fast as you can into a brick wall....which would have the same effect...but a hot toddy is less messy i would imagine :wink:

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 04/10/13 06:10 AM
While we slept the worst air disaster in Irish history occurred. A two seat twin engine Cessna has crashed into a cemetery, where authorities have so far retrieved 1200 bodies with the figure expected to rise throughout the night....will keep you posted.

Kahurangi's photo
Wed 04/10/13 06:02 AM
Edited by Kahurangi on Wed 04/10/13 06:06 AM

I think K was usin it for a pin cushion.. and I don't know WHERE she put it.. you'll have ta wait till her return I'm afraid.. she's on a walk-a-boat bigsmile

What is being used as a pin cushion?

Isn't a voodoo doll made for that sort of thing?

Welllll...one has to improvise when one can't be bothered going to the good will shop to snaffle an Alf doll pitchfork indifferent :wink:

Matron....bahahahahaha...*ahem*...oooo...lookit that...pinball!!

bigsmile

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 04/08/13 05:30 AM

yer welcome Toody drinker

mornin peeps.. tis a BEAUTiful day in the neighborhood.. not mine but SOMEone's

only got one of the cedar shrubs left to de-weed 'n de-thorn.. and the weather won't let me FINISH it today :angry:

okays then.. inside chores it is.. ohwell
but FIRST.. it's buffet time bigsmile

and I's got MINE so.. laters peeps drinker

Oh stop it! laugh .....as hearty as that looks it just re-defines the term "eating a mess of food on a plate" for me.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 04/08/13 05:18 AM
Good luck with that Sajjad...perhaps someone will come all the way from the U S of A to show you around Sydney :wink: laugh noway ohwell

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 04/08/13 05:14 AM
Next stop...Enzed!...but first things first...i best make good on that promise to intro you to the rest of my tribe so you know who is who when you come out here next year....so i best get cracking on that email ;-)

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25