Community > Posts By > Kahurangi

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 02:06 PM

There are a few eras i would like to visit such as catching up with Nostradamus during the renaissance period. Oddly enough, it is noted that they can't make up his mind whether he was born on the 14th or '21st' December. Coincidental that 21/12/12 is a date being thrown around today don't ya think?

scared

(Runs)

I wish I could teleport for a bit right now... "the damus" would surely predicts what I'm having for dinner tonight smokin

If not, i'm sure he'd be able to pass on a few choice 'mushroom' recipes ;-)

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 01:53 PM

I have spent a lifetime studying the paranormal, and am still occasionally called in to investigate hauntings. Ghosts fascinate me. Have you ever experienced any spooky happenings you would like to share? I am sure we would all be fascinated to hear them. pitchfork pitchfork

I'd be more fascinated in reading about your experiences.

Do tell....

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 01:43 PM
There are a few eras i would like to visit such as catching up with Nostradamus during the renaissance period. Oddly enough, it is noted that they can't make up his mind whether he was born on the 14th or '21st' December. Coincidental that 21/12/12 is a date being thrown around today don't ya think? Anyhooo...i suspect it would be most enlightening traipsing around the countryside in search of magic mushies with 'the damus' before hanging out with Da Vinci. I know what my first question to him would be..."who the hell is the demure chick in the painting"?? The Medici family were a fascinating bunch of characters too!! 4 Catholic Popes from the one family??...wow!..how does that work??

Middle ages would be another...knights in not so shining armour. Ha!

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 01:25 PM

It's the 1890's for me. Concerts at the Bandstand in the park on a sunny day, Victorian furniture, wind-up Edison gramaphones, kerosene lamps, a good book by the fireplace on a cold winter night, no pollution, no GMOs, no rush hour traffic or 50 mile commutes, ...mmmmmmm...Yup, That would have been the time to be alive.

And fresh food!!!....i wonder what the equivalent of todays fast food would have been back then.

McSquirrel?? :-)

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 01:20 PM

I'd like to live during the pirating era.

Yes...you would've made a good parrot.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 01:15 PM

wait.. slaphead that didn't come out quite right.. noway

laugh laugh

laugh ...wanna try that ride again??

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 01:14 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Mon 12/10/12 01:19 PM

60's - 70's

I like quality, simplicity and things that are built to last. I'm disgusted with this "built in" obsolescence crap. My 4 month old Blackberry just quit on me... (apparently, I push to hard on the screenindifferent ) At this rate of 1500$ a year in phones... Smartphones ain't so smart laugh flowerforyou

if you WERE back in the 60's 'n 70's.. you wouldn't even KNOW about smart phones.. just think of ALL the $$ you'd be saving.. bigsmile

Or the money he would be making if he took that knowledge back with him.

Ha!...perish that thought!! :-)

I think it was back in the 60's or 70's, or may be even earlier when companies figured out that it was more profitable to manufacture stuff that didn't last, so the consumer would have to buy new stuff.

Kahurangi's photo
Mon 12/10/12 01:12 PM

I was in high school in the late fifties and loved that time.. We always had a good time and nobody got in trouble (well, maybe once in a while..lol I remember being grounded a few times..lol I have always been a free spirit and got involved in some of the hippie stuff.. great cars, jitterbugging and dance contests, pegged legged pants and british walkers on the guys.. I always had a lot of guy friends as I knew how to work on engines and rode a motorcycle when the guys didn't have a license yet..bigsmile I remember never locking our door, party line phones and going to the movies for 16 cents... You knew everyone and neighbors helped each other...:heart:

Never locking doors...i remember that whilst growing up in the 70's. It was unheard of to lock a door...trust and faith in your neighbourhood to keep a vigilant eye out for you and yours was the norm. Kids playgrounds were outside from sun-up to sun-down and they used their child ingenuity to build stuff like go carts & cubby houses to play with, or invent games for constant amusement. It was a time of freedom to explore without parents constantly shadowing your every movement like i see them do today.

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 06:05 PM
Nope...that'll do for now.

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 06:02 PM
Do you despise yourself just as much as you despise the rest of mankind?

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 05:55 PM
Yeah Andy...you're a mofo rat bastard dressed up in a ****tard clownsuit.

Do carry on...it amuses me so.

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 05:44 PM

Can someone please translate the OP into English?
My Melmacian universal translator blew a circuit while trying to translate the OP into something that I can understand.

Your universal translator blew a circuit long before this here thread popped up. In fact, i think it may have lost a few screws over in those War on Men threads...

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 05:34 PM
Charlie who?

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 05:31 PM
Good for him that he can pronounce his name then innit?

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 03:04 PM
Hope is the last bastion, and i'm not about to let the fooker go....Me (and not some quote from someone whose name i can't even pronounce)

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 02:39 PM
Edited by Kahurangi on Sun 12/09/12 02:40 PM

There's a lot left without hope, such as an objective reality.

Hope-a-holism can make someone fatally boring.

If you expect nothing, seek little, and present yourself then you tend to show a lack of interest, which is really appealing to a lot of people.

Apathy's the new black - it goes with everything.

I would rather stick a firecracker up my azz than just go through the motions of an apathetic existence...**** that ship.

Feck that **** too!

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 01:53 PM
My eldest son was self taught and developed a unique style of his own which saw him applying that style with a band that wrote and played their own music. I believe they were destined to go onto greater things before he had a terrible accident. His style was specific to that band, and they couldn't find anybody else to replace that which made them essentially unique, so they disbanded. I recall him spending hours just picking and strumming away...it seemed like his guitar was his essence. He was also the inspiration for his younger brother to pick up a guitar and dilligently learn how to read and play music, which has since seen that son go onto winning a prestigious academic excellence award in music...and yes, i'm a very proud mama. Both sons have had a very different learning process to their art, but from what i have observed of them...they each had one common thing which was essential i think to their success. And that was they both had/have a passion for it.

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 12:57 PM
Comedy of fookin errors

Ha!

ummmm....

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 12:41 PM

if your boyfriend doesn't love your cat?? My boyfriend is not mean to my cat but he is not a cat person. He has never done anything even borderline cruel to him but he does prefer that we close the bedroom door at night and make the cat sleep in one of his nine million cat beds or the sofa.

Does it bother the cat do you think?

Kahurangi's photo
Sun 12/09/12 12:25 PM
The OP lost me at irritating.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next