Community > Posts By > littleredhen

no photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:12 AM

Don't forget "bubbleheads", the ones without photos!!!! laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

In JSH/Mingle we call them "blue boxes".

no photo
Tue 12/30/08 09:02 AM
Edited by littleredhen on Tue 12/30/08 09:04 AM

Oh, I'm sure there are LOTS of lurkers out there. You wouldn't believe how many of them look at my profile. (Which makes me wonder how many more are looking in stealth mode.) None of them ever says anything, though. Very suspicious.

Your profile screams "Go away,leave me alone". laugh

no photo
Mon 12/29/08 11:01 PM

Tacos in a bag are true emergency relief food. Buy all your taco fixings from the store. Put them out on the table. Then buy individual serving bags of fritos brand corn chips. Tear open one end of the bag and walk down the line and put all the fixings you desire right into the bag! Put your ground browned meat in. Put your shredded lettuce in, your cheese, your sour cream, your taco sauce, your diced onions, your olives, your diced peppers. Then you eat it right out of the bag with a spork! No mess. No dirty dishes. Ez cleanup. Had a tornado come through. Destroyed my lawyers house. She called me. I asked if they needed anything. She said that the whole neighborhood was hungry and to feed us now! Around 150 people. We went all out. Had the browned meats in crockpots hooked to inverters. Fed 150 people tacos in a bag for a hundred and fifty bucks including cold sodas. Had corned beef blessed by a jesuit priest for my freinds of the jewish persuasion. Had beef, and pork. Fed all those people out of the back of my pickup truck. And everyone ate well. The red cross was blown away by our resourcefulness, and speed. Kids love tacos in a bag. Cuz they get to play with their food. Tacos in a bag. That's where its at. And definitely not ramen noodles.

You Rock!

no photo
Mon 12/29/08 10:54 PM
I do all kinds of things with ramen noodles. Here's one I do often. Toss a handful of frozen peas in boiling water for a few minutes, add the ramen noodles, drain, toss with butter, parmesan cheese, pepper & basil. Don't use the flavor packet for this one. Save it for flavoring rice some other time.

no photo
Mon 12/29/08 10:44 PM
"The Spy Who Shagged me" I was dating a guy who rented it for us to watch after dinner. I washed the dishes & left. It was just stupid & nasty.

no photo
Mon 12/29/08 10:40 PM

rant On how to be a COLD HEARTED UNCAREING BI*CH? Cause if there is I wanna read it! slaphead spock sad2

Oh yes, it's a great classic, Gone With the Wind. Scarlett is evil.

no photo
Mon 12/29/08 10:34 PM

Some snuggleing ohwell

I'll snuggle with you:wink:

Awww thanks that's sweet.:smile: You are 2 years older than my daughterhuh

no photo
Mon 12/29/08 10:07 AM

If you are role modeling & want to give a gift...a card is still nice. If you want a packaged item, something impersonal for the house or that they could share...not sure how old your son is. A bottle of wine or a houseplant is nice. Is your son old enough for a board game? That could be a gift she/him could use together. Just a couple ideas.

Thank you for all the ideas. I actually found a computer game based on a TV show she likes, so I went with that. A little personal, but nothing overly affectionate.

It sounds like you did good!

no photo
Mon 12/29/08 12:07 AM
Some snuggleing ohwell

no photo
Mon 12/29/08 12:03 AM

Hi how's everyone in here doing tonight?

Sleepy yawn

:smile: Me too.

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:45 PM
Golden retriever. Big brown eyes. Smart, loyal, soft,cuddley, eager to please, playful,gentle most of the time but protective when the need arises.

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:39 PM
Apparently I am attracted mainly to people that areall wrong for me, but I don't see it until it's too late.

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:33 PM

They do that mostly cause the movies would be to long
but like Mr_Music said some movies are close
Dances With Wolves was one

Dances With Wolves is definitely one of my all-time faves...but I was very surprised to see how thin the book was...

That is a rare exception, they took a short so/so book & made an excellent movie. One of my favorites.

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:26 PM
Hi how's everyone in here doing tonight?

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:22 PM
Edited by littleredhen on Sun 12/28/08 11:24 PM

Well, the "why" of it is because she's my sons mother, and we are at least still civil towards each other, and I don't want my boy to see me snub her, but shes the type that usualy gets what she likes when she wants it, and doesnt talk much about present-y type things she wants or is interested in.

I know I know. terrible that I dont already know her tastes, but even when we were together, buying her presents was a task in and of itself.... Maybe its just that "Guys are bad at presents" thing..

I think it's great that you are thinking of the message this sends your son. I have a few suggestions.

A pretty mug & a small box of assorted teas or a few one pot sized bags of gourmet coffees.

A pair a gloves in a nuetral color like black, white or tan, these colors don't clash with much,it's always nice to have an extra pair in the car.

A nice wall calender with big spaces to write notes is a great thing for a busy Mom.

None of these things are too personal, but I think most ladies would appreciate them, & they should be inexpensive.

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:09 PM
Whoever does the inviting should pay, unless they make it clear that it is "dutch treat". I am always prepared to pay if the situation seems to suggest I should. I like a guy to pay on the 1st date, because I then have the option of saying "next time's on me" or " next time I'll cook" which is my way of making sure he knows I would like to see him again.

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 12:00 PM

Did you ever read a book and then see the movie and thought the book was so much better, or thought they did a good job with the movie?

I read the "The Notebook" then seen the movie, and thought the movie wasn't as good as the book. Not saying the movie was horrible or anything, just didn't care much for it.

For some reason, whenever I read the book first, it always seems a lot better then the movie. Maybe because the book leaves more to the imagination?

I agree. I try very hard to avoid seeing a movie before I read the book. I like to form my owm images 1st.

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:45 AM
Anyway dogs sleep most of the time we are at work. Dogs naturally sleep more than we do.

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:43 AM

Ummm..my dog is alone for 8 hours a day, five days a week.

Doesn't seem to hurt him any. And he's always happy to see me when I get home.

Saying that someone shouldn't get a dog ( which is basically what the OP stated ) is just silly.

You have a cat too don't you?

no photo
Sun 12/28/08 11:33 AM
I love my aquarium, it's very interesting & soothing, but it dosn't help at all with loneliness. When I 1st got my dog she was able to come to work with me. Now that she can't, she has kitty friends for company while I am working. She was raised with cats & this works fine for her.

The cats & dog are good company, but they can't replace human companionship.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next