Community > Posts By > CleanBathroom

CleanBathroom's photo
Sun 03/08/09 11:38 AM
OH yeah: And soccer is rather tough for gambling. Gambling drives interest BIG-TIME. drinker

CleanBathroom's photo
Sun 03/08/09 11:37 AM
Edited by CleanBathroom on Sun 03/08/09 11:39 AM

Uh huh. And yet, there is no scoring.

90 minutes of time, to end up with no scoring at all doesn't appeal to most American sports fans.

Even hockey had to do something about scoreless ties.

Hockey was just fine - until there were so many teams that the talent pool just became much too small.

The style of 'dump and chase' is what ruined it because the stick handling and skating ability of some of the goons that were drafted just isn't there.

Give me some Olympic hockey, with a big rink, and talented players and a 0-0 game is still exciting and entertaining.

What really killed hockey for me was the advent of the left wing lock ... tres BOOOORING! I love OT, when it goes 4 on 4 and there is open ice - on which I know we agree Paper.

As for soccer, it's really not just that it isn't commerically friendly. Otherwise, the crowds would still be large to see it live. All this despite that every kid plays soccer at some point during their youth.

I understand skill. I played into college and know how difficult it is and I love and appreciate it as much as anyone. Until you've tried to volley a ball on the direct fly, you couldn't possibly understand.

Honestly? I think Americans are too priggish to accept a sport in which they struggle to compete. We hate to lose ... 'nuff said. That, combined with the lack of money to be made in a materialistic society driving better athletes elsewhere - and other factors mentioned here in astute fashion - drives it to the back burner. If the thirst was there, the advertisers would find ways to make money. (ie: The "first and ten line" superimposed in football games, for instance, could work to generate sponsorship commitments with soccer.)

CleanBathroom's photo
Sun 03/08/09 12:49 AM
You can't see me but I just sprung ahead ... and it wasn't my clocks either.

CleanBathroom's photo
Sat 03/07/09 11:48 PM

You aren't a virgin Gypsy? ohwell

WOW, that kills my buzz.
Im beginning to be a born again virgin....Im only slutty with myself!!!devil And my gaaaaaaaaaawd I do me good!!!devil laugh :tongue:

Teach me my Yoda. I can do it coach ... smokin

CleanBathroom's photo
Sat 03/07/09 11:42 PM
You aren't a virgin Gypsy? ohwell

WOW, that kills my buzz.

CleanBathroom's photo
Fri 03/06/09 06:55 AM
The government should buy controlling interest in Coin Star and then set a date for coins to no longer be accepted for legal tender.

Then give the money to GM so they can operate through the weekend.

CleanBathroom's photo
Fri 03/06/09 06:49 AM
Flirting is a destructive and horrible cry for help. mad

CleanBathroom's photo
Fri 03/06/09 12:53 AM
Isn't it HOT when a master of the language steps to the plate and lays it down like that? :angry:

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 09:07 PM

Can you rub a towel on your person and send it to me? Then I can make a call.

Your profile is actually pretty entertaining. Nice work ...

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 09:06 PM
Can you rub a towel on your person and send it to me? Then I can make a call.

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 07:47 PM
Edited by CleanBathroom on Thu 03/05/09 07:48 PM
He made it a "fictional" league and each kid had to calculate the stats every weekend and turn it in.

You should get your own school. If Tiger Woods can do it, why not you? :smile:

... I think he even chipped in for paste to get them going. :banana:

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 07:37 PM
This is the only thread where triple digit IQ is a pre-req.

Did you use my idea for Fantasy Football to pump the kids up on math Montana? My brother-in-law did it and he said it worked like a charm for fractions.

Gambling is always goood, quality family fun! drinker

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 07:34 PM

wolves dont wear clothes.....whats your excuse!!!!

Mostly that my stomach creates the appearance that I'm chubby. It's an illusion. I swear. :angry:

Seriously, where did everyone go that used to be in here? Where's CupCake? And Isaac? And, that other chick? You know who I mean ... The girl with the thingy.

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 07:31 PM
TO does a great job of wearing a suit made of turf to camoflage that he is out there when it counts. frown

He's THE most destructive influence on a team in the NFL. Even Randy Moss fell in line.

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 07:29 PM
I wanna' shave Gypsy's cat but I fear she will think that's innunedo. ohwell

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 07:27 PM
Heya Kids! :banana:

This place seriously needs a kick in the butt. I thought Myka would've had a marketing plan in place by now but I guess I gotta' write all the resumes AND Power Points around here. explode

I think we should have an all-nude theme night. love

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 05:34 PM

Pervert!

Welcome to Mingle :angry:

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 04:35 PM

Oh damn...sorry Dan...I forgot to mention you in my acceptance speech. Can you forgive me? blushing

You know what else cheers me up? Chocolate!!! :banana:

Presenting you with The Golden Phallus might cheer me up.

KIDDING

....maybe :wink:

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 02:38 PM

Heroin and BJ's

Why is it that people make a serious thread and then someone has to be stupid? HMM I guess you have never had someone close to you die of a Heroin Overdose huh? I think people need to stop and think before they post things!! mad

Why? Because thats what happens thats why. It was not specified that only serious answers were wanted anyhow.

No i havent had someone die of a heroin overdose on me. I dont hang around junkies.

I think people need to lighten up a little before they post things.

Heroin and BJ are Dan's gerbils. Some of us cope with medication and others by finding solace in the unconditional love their pets bestow on them. Amen.

You are sliiiiick Fairy Girl! Everything you've posted is entertaining. I give you the Golden Phallus for "Newcomer of the Year." :smile: drinker

CleanBathroom's photo
Thu 03/05/09 02:13 PM
OK, I can do this one. Someone spot me.

If you are depressed BECAUSE of your current situation, that's far better than being biochemically depressed. That state requires lifelong medication and is a pain. Your situation is not permanent and you can rationalize that it will end in your mind. You just have to find ways to survive the bump.

Walk or exercise vigorously. It clears your mind and releases endorphins which counteract depression. Plus, you'll look really hot and rpobably have lots of sex, which also releases endorphins. (It really does. I tried.)

See your doctor and ask her/him about low-level serotonin uptakes to boost your mood for the short-haul. I'd only do this if you really feel down and it is started to manifest itself physically, ie can't sleep, etc

Sit down with your loved ones and create an action plan to solve your financial woes. Communication and teammwork help to ease the pressure and give you a hopeful spirit. Plus, such things are good lessons for kids on how to confront times of trial head on and not be laissez-fairre.

Reconnect to things make you laugh and relax. If you like movies, rent some. If you like board games, play some. If you like to chat, chat more (in free time). Get out of bed early and avoid a routine of sulking and do things which make you smile!

Lean on your friends for help. If I, a virtual stranger (no pun), am willing to type this gargantuan post, your close friends will be willing to do far more I am certain.

Most of all, hug someone ... That's the quickest pick-me-up of all-time baby!

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next