Community > Posts By > flame1cutie

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 11:27 AM

Hi everyone. I'm t and I'm new to the site. Will be 50 march 20th and am so excited! Have never felt sexier in my life! Come say hello and b friends ok!
Hello and welcome to the 50 and over crowd.flowerforyou Join us and have some fun. You will like all the people here, they are a great bunch to be around and very good friends.

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 11:16 AM

Hi everyone! New to site. From new York looking for friends and a relationship. Upstate new York. No heAd games I am so above thAt. Let's meet!
waving Welcome to the 50 and over forums. Post and have some fun getting to know all of us and let us know you.

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 11:07 AM

At the plum store, I guesslaugh

Morning Carold, Invis., Flame, and Betty even though you are gone
Hello choclab, How are you doing today?

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:45 AM

It's a frozen one, and there are four cheeses on it.drool smitten
Oh that does sound so gooddrool I really glad that you are feeling better today.

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:14 AM

Had I known you were hungary I would have given you my lunchbox.laugh

Cracker bread, ham and cheese, and a few plums.happy :tongue:
Hello Andrea, how are you feeling today? better I hope.flowerforyou

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:10 AM

Well it is safe to say you guys are no help at alllaugh laugh
laugh I sorry.

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:02 AM

what's for lunch?I'm getting hungary.
Good question. Not sure what I'm having here yet.

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 08:01 AM

Hi Flame
Hows that knee today?
Knee is doing a little better today, not hurting quit as much as yesterday and the day before.:smile:

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 07:41 AM

Hi there
Anybody home?flowerforyou
Hello, Hello Betty and carol.

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 06:27 AM

Morning all. Anyone have any of the really strong coffee?
Yeap, real strong coffee coming your way.drinker

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 06:05 AM

(I have to issue a length alert here. If you read it all I hope you enjoy)

I've got a secret
I have a terrible secret to reveal.

I've carried this secret with me for the past 32 years wondering at times if I should just give in and reveal it. Actually, thirty two years ago it did not start out as a secret. It has grown into one. Hmmmm, time to reveal??

A lot has happened in that time.

It was May of 1976. I had just graduated from high school and decided a trip out to Seattle before I joined in the work force for the rest of my life would be a nice way to celebrate my freedom from teachers, books and homework. I never really did seem to grasp the finer points of homework. Hell, I would rather have been out wreaking havoc amongst the neighbors than doing homework. You know, things like, ringing doorbells in the middle of the night and then running like hell so you don't get caught.

However, there was one neighbor who was always one step ahead of us. We could never figure out how he knew we were going to ring his door bell. We got caught every time. My cousins and I took this as a personal challenge. We would scope out the place and (that was what we did best those days, we scoped things out) we would come up with a plan we knew would work. The plan this day was to stand as far back from the door bell as we possibly could, ring the bell and then leap over the railing instead of running down the flight of steps. At precisely the right moment one of my cousins, acting as decoy, would leap up from hiding and run down the street drawing attention to himself while the bell ringer was making his get away through the neighbors yard.

Victory at last!!

From that day forward we became known as the only three to get away with ringing the bell without getting caught. Young kids looked to us as if we were some kind of gods. They insisted on sharing their Mr. Goodbar's and cokes with us. We were invited to spend the night in their yards so we could tell stories about our wiley ways. In the morning they would feed us Captain Crunch. We were even allowed to use their twenty inch sting ray bikes with the butterfly handle bars, banana seat and sissy bar to compete in the demolition derby's we held in the neighborhood each weekend. Much better than destroying our bikes. We were constantly trying to modify our own so we wouldn't get our legs crushed when someone came slamming into us. Always by accident of course. The rule was, no going for the legs.

I must say, as gods we had it made.

The challenge now was to see if we could get away with it during daylight hours. Things were going along fine until the neighbor let Goliath out. Goliath was big, black and meaner than the gates of hell. Sheeesh, talk about a shock. You never seen three kids run so fast. Terror written all over our faces.

Goliath was one mean dog.

It did not matter that Marty's mom was walking through the house naked from the waist up, we burst in the front door simply because Marty's house was the closest one to safety. Yikes!! talk about an eye full. A bug-eyed full anyway.

The three of us decided later that facing Goliath would have been much less painful.

But from that day forward, the kids of our neighborhood were to learn the three most important words that were to keep all the neighborhood kids, hoodlums included, safe. It seems as if Goliath's owner got such a kick out of watching three panic stricken boys yelling and screaming for their lives that he took it upon himself to watch the neighborhood kids play kick the can and other crazy games, the names of which escape me at the moment. His revenge for all those late night doorbell ringings was to wait till we were all caught up in our games. That was when he would strike. He would let Goliath loose. Up and down the neighborhood went the cry, "Goliath is loose" the three most frightening words to all the neighborhood kids. When mothers heard this cry they all began to panic, especially if they were going through the house semi nude. They would rush in to put their tops on because they knew that at any moment hordes of kids were going to come bursting into their living rooms panic stricken, eyes wide with terror and looking for safety. It did not matter where we were in the neighborhood, it was considered fair game to rush the nearest open door. At least according to our way of thinking. Parents thought otherwise.

There was however one door that never got rushed, my mom's, no one messed with her.

I might add that if any of the young neighborhood boys felt they had a chance to out run Goliath they would take their chances to see if they could make it to Marty's house.

Juuuuust a hopin'.

One day, we decided that it was time for revenge. We all went home and loaded up our daisy BB guns to capacity and snuck through the neighborhood 'till we came to the yard that contained the dog that terrorized the neighborhood. Hanging over the fence waiting for a clear shot was not the thing to do. After the beatings we snuck back that night and pumped a few rounds into his fence. That'll learn him. Take that mister. Triumpantly we walked away knowing we got away with shooting his fence.

We had the last laugh, for now.

Well now, it seems as if I have become a bit side tracked here. I was to reavel a secret and instead I have told about a time during the early 70's . The 60's and 70's were a great time to be a kid.

Enough of this reaching back into my memories.

So, are you ready for my secret?

Ahh hell, it would not be a secret any longer if I were to reavel it now would it?

Maybe at a later date

Most excellent write.bigsmile flowerforyou flowerforyou

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 05:57 AM

Near to the door,he paused to stand,All who were watching did not speak,as a silent tear rolled down his cheek.And through his mind,the memories ran,of the moments they’d walked together over the sand But now her eyes were so terribly cold,for he never again would have her to hold.They watched in silence,as he bent near,and whispered the words,“I love you” in her ear.He touched her face and started to cry,as he put his class ring on her finger,and wanted to die.And just then, the wind began to blow,as they lowered her casket into the snow
Very sad and beautiful.flowerforyou

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 05:06 AM

In the dim and distant past
When life's tempo wasn't so fast,
Grandma used to rock and knit,
Crochet, tat and baby sit.

When the kids were in a jam,
They could always call on Gram.
But today she's in the gym
Exercising to keep slim.

She's checking the web or surfing the net,
Sending some e-mail or placing a bet.
Nothing seems to stop or block her,
Now that Grandma's off her rocker.
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh
laugh That was cuteflowerforyou

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 04:57 AM

Oh Coffee and Muffins smiles might come back later to early for coffee I might fall back to sleep. :)

Good Morning Carold!flowerforyou
I am thinking about going back to bed this morning, too.

Good Morning invisibel,HG,carol. Coffee is good, muffins look great.

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 04:53 AM

Coffee Time!!!!!!!!!!!!flowerforyou
Good Morning Everybody, coffee is great, thanks.

flame1cutie's photo
Tue 03/03/09 04:35 AM
8 degrees with wind chill of -1, no snow, gonna be 25*

flame1cutie's photo
Mon 03/02/09 10:31 AM

Time to go dig out my snowblower so I can dig out my driveway and sidewalk. Haven't used it on this sloping driveway yet. Here goes!
Be careful.

flame1cutie's photo
Mon 03/02/09 10:12 AM

Flame is a sweetheart no doubt about it!!love love flowerforyou :heart:
Don't talk, so are you.:heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart:

Thank You Flameflowerforyou flowerforyou
Well I 'm off to the drug store to get that perscription filled
Be back later.
take care

flame1cutie's photo
Mon 03/02/09 10:02 AM

Flame is a sweetheart no doubt about it!!love love flowerforyou :heart:
Don't talk, so are you.:heart: flowerforyou flowerforyou :heart:

flame1cutie's photo
Mon 03/02/09 09:49 AM

oh thats too bad Flame .How is it now?

Hi invisible , how are you doing?
It's better this morning. Not hurting quit as bad.

I'm glad you are doing better invisible, take care of yourself you hear.:smile:

Yes Mama.laugh
laugh Ok I'm gonna be watching youlaugh

Keep a close eye on her Flame she will vanish on you!:laughing:
Hey somebodys got to watch after you youngunslaugh

That why we love you..........you watch out for usflowers
Thank Youflowerforyou