Community > Posts By > ViaMusica

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/16/13 04:49 PM
I must admit to still being bothered by the "how the hell does everyone on all these alien planets speak English (and with an American accent)?" question. Sure, it would have taken some creativity to get around this, but by ignoring it and just asking us to accept it, I felt the series started off by effectively insulting my intelligence.

After seeing the early occasions when Daniel translated for SG-1, I quickly figured out that we were supposed to just infer that he still did that, only the show's makers couldn't really include that in each episode for every bit of dialogue because it would've eaten up too much screen time. I never thought they implied that everyone spoke English. That was just a conceit to cover what was actually translation without having to slow down the pace of the show.

ViaMusica's photo
Wed 07/10/13 07:03 AM
Best of luck, and you know you're in my prayers.

ViaMusica's photo
Wed 07/10/13 07:01 AM

Intellect, wit, sense of humor, a way with words, a kind heart, self-confidence, and a great smile.

Gimme all that in a guy with an average body and a full head of hair, and oooh, baby!

I agree with this. Along with spiritually/emotionally connected. Chivalry is a turn on also

Yes, indeed. To both of those. :thumbsup:

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/09/13 04:58 PM
My result was 42. Considering my 49th birthday is next month, I can live with that. biggrin

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/09/13 04:53 PM
I'm getting a deep-tissue massage about an hour from now... bigsmile

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/09/13 04:51 PM
Oh, and then there was the time I saw a guy reading a book while he was driving down the interstate.

I repeat: Friggin' idiot.

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/09/13 04:50 PM
On my way home this evening I was driving in the left-hand lane on a one-way street... a guy in the lane to the right of me suddenly crossed in front of me to make a left-hand turn. With NO turn signal, either.

It's a damn good thing I have quick reflexes when I'm behind the wheel. Friggin' idiot.

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/09/13 04:46 PM
Intellect, wit, sense of humor, a way with words, a kind heart, self-confidence, and a great smile.

Gimme all that in a guy with an average body and a full head of hair, and oooh, baby!

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/09/13 11:33 AM
Wtf is going on with everyone?

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/09/13 11:30 AM
At least we aren't trying to get our girlfriends to give us blowjobs while we're driving, and most of the people I've seen text while driving have been guys... whoa

ViaMusica's photo
Tue 07/09/13 08:48 AM
Edited by ViaMusica on Tue 07/09/13 08:49 AM
For me, how long it takes me to get back to dating after a breakup depends on how I felt about the guy at the time we broke up, and which of us actually decided to break up.

I've had it take me more than a year... and I've had other times where I couldn't wait to date other guys. After my marriage ended I was ready right away, probably because the "in love" aspect of the marriage had already ended for both of us long before we openly acknowledged that and agreed to split.

On other occasions I've either had a difficult time letting go of my feelings for someone I'd dated and that made it so no one else really appealed to me because I kept feeling like I'd lost "the one" or else because I couldn't stop comparing new guys to the one I'd recently stopped seeing.

And then there've been times when I just moved on without any real problem... and some when I've just purposely avoided romantic entanglements for a time because I didn't want the hassle or I wanted to focus my energies on other things.

ViaMusica's photo
Mon 07/08/13 04:06 PM
Wish I had a pool! Just finished a bunch of yard work and gardening, and am attempting to work up the energy to go and take a shower. But I feel accomplished!

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 07/07/13 08:03 PM
Edited by ViaMusica on Sun 07/07/13 08:04 PM
I would absolutely love being with someone like that. I have so many varied interests that I doubt I'd be bored with someone who shared most or all of them, and frankly I prefer to be with a mate who shares my attitudes and basic beliefs. I have plenty of diversity among my friends, but I need to have most things in common with a long-term or life partner.

I've tried being with guys who were markedly different from me, and generally speaking it is in the area of those differences that we first begin to fall apart.

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 07/07/13 07:49 PM

If you really did find your "soul mate" what then?

Stuff him and call the Smithsonian.

rofl rofl rofl

ViaMusica's photo
Sun 07/07/13 12:49 PM
Best of luck! :smile:

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 07/06/13 09:54 PM
Museum

ViaMusica's photo
Sat 07/06/13 09:52 PM
Yllanraton

ViaMusica's photo