Community > Posts By > singmesweet

no photo
Thu 12/05/13 07:33 AM

I found a post with this title on another dating site, and while the postings restored some hope, I realised that everyone posting was 50+ in age. So I want to know this generation's (Prolly 18-25 age) view on the subject. Is Chivalry Dead? Do good guys really finish last?

Just curious, what about it, exactly, do you feel is dead?

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 06:12 PM

It doesn't surprise me that it's mostly guys saying they're never wrong. Haha.

If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but I'm never wrong. The sooner you women realize that we'll be better off. LOL

That's right! You can tell an Englishman but
you can't tell him muchgrumble

Who is this talking now? Pony or billy?

:laughing:
That was Pony in jest, Billy is a habitual trouble
maker that likes to defy authority. ..lol

All jokes aside, As adults we need to be responsible for our actions and that includes owning the wrong ones. I have no problems recognizing my wrongs and improving from them.
And yes,saying; I was wrong, my bad.

or was that "I" was wrong,meaning Billylaugh/jk

How you doing singme?

your Gemini dream,
Pony/Billy:wink: waving

Who is billy? Or, are you talking about yourself in the third person?

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 06:10 PM

It doesn't surprise me that it's mostly gals saying they're never wrong. Haha.

There. I corrected it for you. :tongue:

Do you have a response to the topic?

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 05:28 PM

When you're wrong, can/do you admit it? Or, are you one of those people who will deny being wrong, even if you know you're wrong?

it depends on who I'm admitting being wrong to!
Family... yes.:cry:
Boyfriend HELL NO:angry:
Friends... possiblyohwell

Why is it different for different people?

Different rules for different people because some ( family/ friends) will understand that you were wrong, and accept your apology.
While others... will hold onto the fact that you were wrong like a dog with a bone and will bring it up at every turn! These are the people I will not admit it to... BOYFRIENDS and some friends ( frienemies)

Well the way you describe the boyfriend the only word there is boy. No friend or someone who deserves to be loved would treat you that way. Might want to reformulate what you define boyfriend as. A smart rocking gal like yourself deserves better.

Exactly! If friends or boyfriends don't understand when you're wrong and accept your apology, maybe they're not really friends or good boyfriends.

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 05:08 PM

If I'm wrong I'll admit it, but I'm never wrong. The sooner you women realize that we'll be better off. LOL

That's right! You can tell an Englishman but
you can't tell him muchgrumble

Who is this talking now? Pony or billy?

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 03:46 PM
Edited by singmesweet on Wed 12/04/13 03:46 PM

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 03:32 PM
Turn ons: confidence, well done tattoos, men in uniform

Turn offs: insecurity, indecisiveness and being habitually late,

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 12:19 PM

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 08:15 AM

Hmmmm I am pretty stubborn. But I do own my faults honestly.

Does that mean it takes you a while to admit it?

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 08:14 AM

When you're wrong, can/do you admit it? Or, are you one of those people who will deny being wrong, even if you know you're wrong?

it depends on who I'm admitting being wrong to!
Family... yes.:cry:
Boyfriend HELL NO:angry:
Friends... possiblyohwell

Why is it different for different people?

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 08:13 AM

I think it's important to be able to own up to mistakes. It's the best way to learn from them, as well as showing respect to the person you wronged.

I don't like being wrong (who does?) but in most cases I find it quite easy to admit I am and to apologise for it.

This is how I feel, too.

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 07:30 AM

no photo
Wed 12/04/13 05:51 AM

movie - Godzilla vs King Kong (wake me up when it's over)

song - freebird

celebrity - rush limbaugh (or just about any AM talk radio host)

Rush Limbaugh is universally loved??

no photo
Tue 12/03/13 02:30 PM

Can someone explain me whats d problem in having kids pic??? I rather believe that is being truthful as they are telling that if you think of dating us we also have kid along us... so know that fact

Read the topic, lots of someones have explained.

I also understand that kids are part of the package, still doesn't explain why you have to put their pictures on here.
And does the kid even know? In Lionsbrew's case he's almost 14. Would he like having his face on a dating site for every nut-job to see? And he's not really old enough to judge for himself. What does his mum think about his and how will the kid feel when he's 20 and finds out you put his pictures on dating sites?
(If I'd found out my ex did this, I'd be livid!)

I've got two kids myself, no way in he|| would I ever put their pictures online! I'm very careful where I post my OWN pictures, let alone my kids'.
I respect my kids' privacy and I wouldn't show pictures of them unless I was somewhere further down the line of really getting to know someone.
I wouldn't introduce them to every Tom Dick and Harry either, why bother them with my love life, until there's a real special someone. So why would I show their pictures? I feel it's an infringement of their privacy and lack of respect.

Kids' pictures are family business, meaning some privacy should be involved, they're not dating-site material.
I would go as far as to say: Ask yourself why you have this urge to expose your kids? I think it's ego driven, sort of like needing the acknowledgement that you're a (good) parent by showing it off to the world.
Like someone said, I think you're a better parent if you are more careful with pictures.
I'm very very proud of both my kids too, but to me that's all the more reason to be careful.

Well said. Parents do not have to have their kid's pics on here to show they're important.

no photo
Mon 12/02/13 07:27 PM
Edited by singmesweet on Mon 12/02/13 07:28 PM

Actually, with so many weirdos out there, I'd say leave the kids out of the profile all together. Share pictures later.

I agree 100%!
:thumbsup:

agree completely. I'd actaully think more highly of his parenting skills is those pictures were not on here.

But I have nothing against single dads at all...I am a single mom afterll :)

Can someone explain me whats d problem in having kids pic??? I rather believe that is being truthful as they are telling that if you think of dating us we also have kid along us... so know that fact

To let others know you have kids, you do not need to have pictures of them on your profile. Simply check the box that says you have kids. As you get to know someone, fill them in a bit more on your kids.

I know that kids are always going to be the most important thing to their parents, but when I'm getting to know someone new, I'm getting to know them, not their children.

Also, why would a parent want to put their kids' pictures up on a site like this? Like I've said before, there are a lot of weirdos out there. Why show them what your kids look like?

no photo
Mon 12/02/13 05:29 PM

I have a picture on here with my son. Hes part of the package that is Lionsbrew. Its okay though if I get passed by because of it. I wouldn't want to be with a woman who can't accept my family is part of who I am.flowerforyou

If you tell people that you have a son, it's obvious you're a package deal. I don't understand putting pictures of kids on here, though, as there are a lot of nut jobs out there. Why not keep the picture of the kid off the site and send it to people when you get to know them better? I'd think of it as a safety issue.

A picture says a thousand words. Just saying I have a son is kinda vague. The picture adds words without adding those words. As far as his safety is concerned I'm pretty sure there aren't many people foolish enough to risk my wrath. I have no qualms about annihilating another human being who wishes to bring harm to my family.

I do have to say though the pic on my profile is pretty old now that I take the time to look at it. I need to put a new one up hes almost fourteen now.laugh

For the purpose of letting women know you have a son, just saying so works fine. Those women are here to get to know you. I wouldn't need to see pics of the kids I'm order to get to know a guy.

As far as safety, I'd rather see people being safe, rather than sorry when it comes to their kids.

no photo
Mon 12/02/13 01:54 PM

I wonder how many people bother watching videos in threads like these where the OP offers nothing but the subject line.

I was taught that information was where you find it, knowledge is what you glean from it, and opinion is based on that knowledge.

If video or links are not enticements to education then why do we have TVs, cell phones, computers or any other form of communication to outside information?

Sometimes a video says it all, and not watching one that is offered says a lot as well........

If you feel a video, especially on YouTube, is very important, why not give a little info about it?

I thought that was what the title did.

What was I supposed to say...."Watch this!" ?

If someone hands you something to read do you expect them to tell you what is says, give you an opinion, or do you read it, formulate your own, and comment?

And BTW..... Youtube is one of the most visited and used sites on the internet. More so than even google or network news, so it stands to reason it's as useful and informative as any other source offered, it is opinion that will be the judge, not the content.

If someone hands me something to read, I'd expect a little background info, at least. Which is what I'd expect for a YouTube link as well. If it's not important enough for you to tell a bit about it, why should I spend my time watching it?

Your understanding and my opinion may conflict causing bias or a lack of communication. Not everyone judges a book by it's cover or the appearance of the author but will take an offering for a glance before passing judgement....usually.

Rather than watching and contributing comment on the topic you instead choose to attack the poster......

So who is the one of any fault in this scenario?

"Hi! Here's a greeting card. It says....."

I'm not attacking you. I asked a question based on your post.

no photo
Mon 12/02/13 01:13 PM

I wonder how many people bother watching videos in threads like these where the OP offers nothing but the subject line.

I was taught that information was where you find it, knowledge is what you glean from it, and opinion is based on that knowledge.

If video or links are not enticements to education then why do we have TVs, cell phones, computers or any other form of communication to outside information?

Sometimes a video says it all, and not watching one that is offered says a lot as well........

If you feel a video, especially on YouTube, is very important, why not give a little info about it?

I thought that was what the title did.

What was I supposed to say...."Watch this!" ?

If someone hands you something to read do you expect them to tell you what is says, give you an opinion, or do you read it, formulate your own, and comment?

And BTW..... Youtube is one of the most visited and used sites on the internet. More so than even google or network news, so it stands to reason it's as useful and informative as any other source offered, it is opinion that will be the judge, not the content.

If someone hands me something to read, I'd expect a little background info, at least. Which is what I'd expect for a YouTube link as well. If it's not important enough for you to tell a bit about it, why should I spend my time watching it?

no photo
Mon 12/02/13 12:48 PM

no photo
Mon 12/02/13 12:30 PM

I have a picture on here with my son. Hes part of the package that is Lionsbrew. Its okay though if I get passed by because of it. I wouldn't want to be with a woman who can't accept my family is part of who I am.flowerforyou

If you tell people that you have a son, it's obvious you're a package deal. I don't understand putting pictures of kids on here, though, as there are a lot of nut jobs out there. Why not keep the picture of the kid off the site and send it to people when you get to know them better? I'd think of it as a safety issue.