SparklingCrystal ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’Ž's photo
Fri 06/23/23 02:24 AM

Is he interested and you haven't decided? You can talk more before a meet.

He said he thinks/feels there's a lot of potential (so clearly something about me and my profile moves him) and so he wants to meet me.
We have, however, barely even talked, and as such I have no interest really. Certainly not enough to go out to meet him. Why would I want to meet someone I don't know, and so far have no interest in at all?

He's okay to wait, but it seems to him that doesn't mean we keep messaging so we do get to know each other. To him it seems to mean, no messaging and I'll let him know whenever I'm ready to meet.

Kind of weird, to me anyways.

Thu 06/22/23 02:06 PM
Edited by SparklingCrystal ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’Ž on Thu 06/22/23 02:07 PM
agreeing to meet someone for a drink?

I got this man wanting to meet over coffees and he's really interested in me.
But... we've not exchanged anything much and he seems to think that we're going to meet and have a drink and then get acquainted.

Personally I don't work that way. I prefer to let things evolve organically first and then...
And that can still go fast. With my last partner it took 1,5 weeks.
We got talking, hit it off right away, few days later talked on the phone which felt even better, and agreed to meet and set a date. Couldn't do that faster cos of a gig he had with his band otherwise we would have met even sooner.

I already told him I don't like to rush, prefer to let think develop organically, yet he now seems to think he has to wait for me to be ready. And that I will let him know when I am so we can meet and have a coffee?

Kind of like WTH? That means no/little exchange and still not getting to know one another? What's the point then?
As it is I'm not interested in the slightest, just wondering if I'm the weird one here, hihi.

So now I'm thinking, do most people just go on a meet & greet that way?
To me that would feel like meeting a total stranger -which he then would be- and assume / hope it's going to work out & you're not going to be tongue-tied.

So how do you go about it?
In a similar setting would you just go and have the drink or would you first prefer to have a bit more of a feel for the person, what they're like etc?

Thu 06/22/23 02:59 AM
I've decided to not call her Rosa but Stella. That name suddenly came to me and seems to fit this kitten better.
I think if I'd stick to Rosa it'll keep reminding me of what happened a few weeks back, and also will be a constant reminder of the other kitten that passed away.
Stella means "Star" which I like!

Not easy to take a good photo as she keeps running and playing etc. and... she's so fast!
They're now in the barn where they have plenty of room to run and play.
They get to go outdoors occasionally as well now.

Thu 06/22/23 02:46 AM
22C cloudy and quite a lot of NE wind.
What a change after all these sunny warm summer days!

Let's hope we haven't seen the last of it now that we've had Summer Solstice! Officially summer's started now, but doesn't look like it anymore.

Wed 06/21/23 08:09 AM
24C sunny, reasonably strong W wind

Wed 06/21/23 08:08 AM
Still recovering a bit from the long drive in a hot car.

Tue 06/20/23 07:02 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’Ž on Tue 06/20/23 07:03 AM
Yes, the Apps / internet is always more of an approximation isn't it?
Here they measure some 15 kms from me, some other sites us Flushing which 2 islands down and 42 kms from me.
Then you have a lot of deviation.

OT - Talk about heavy rain, thunder, hail! Holy shizzel! A cloudburst.
Thank goodness I'd been able to get Nila indoors well before it started. She wasn't chuffed, but now she is, haha.
It was bad in capitals! So much rain it seemed like fog. Rain was going by in horizontal 'clouds'.
Then hail drumming on the flat roof and against the windows and sliding doors of the extension... Couldn't hear myself think! Nila was freaked out...

Thank goodness that's gone for now.
The garden has been watered for sure, a lot fell out of the sky!
But I hate these short intense cloudburst things!!

Tue 06/20/23 06:01 AM
Happy I vacuumed the floor! My li'l fluff-ball Nila is losing a lot of hair with this heat, hihi.

Tue 06/20/23 06:00 AM

Sitting on a plane. Iโ€™ll see Mark in about 20 hours! ๐Ÿฅฐ

Wonderful!! Wishing you both a great time! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Tue 06/20/23 02:10 AM
Edited by SparklingCrystal ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’Ž on Tue 06/20/23 02:12 AM
28C mostly sunny, quite sticky, a little wind.
Thunderstorms expected by the end of the afternoon, possibly with heavy rain, hail, and strong gusts of 80km p/hr.

The garden can do with some serious water after weeks of drought, but to bring it in such an extreme way...
What happened to a normal summery shower in the evening?

Mon 06/19/23 02:18 PM

Current Weather
2:41 PM / 14:41
96ยฐF / 35.5c
RealFeelยฎ Sun 127ยฐ / 52.7c

RealFeel 52,7C??? noway

Mon 06/19/23 10:58 AM
Going to see li'l Rosa 2 days from now :D She'll be 7 weeks then.

That's the last time I'll visit her. The next time I'll go will be to bring her home!

Mon 06/19/23 10:38 AM
There's me thinking this is about Wham!

Mon 06/19/23 09:18 AM

19ยฐC Mostly Cloudy

Rainfall in last 24 hrs 23 mm
Humidity 74%
Wind 13 mph
Feels Like 19ยฐC
Pressure 1005 hPa
Visibility 13 miles
UV Index 4
Air Pollution 2

That's quite the drop in temp!

Mon 06/19/23 03:21 AM
25C both sun & clouds, quite a not of wind.

Sun 06/18/23 06:57 AM
Sun came through about half an hour ago. Clouds have mostly gone.
Immediately got stinking hot again!

Sun 06/18/23 01:56 AM
25C overcast, could get some showers, later tonight possibly showers & thunder.

Not the sweltering day it was forecast to be a couple days ago.

Sat 06/17/23 03:04 PM
The Nurse - 2023 - Danish mini series - 6,9 IMDB rating
Based on a true story.

Early one morning in March 2015, the Danish police receive a call from a nurse at Nykรธbing Falster Hospital. She suspects her close colleague of deliberately killing patients and fears that it has just happened again. Soon a murder case unfolds like never seen before in Danish legal history. Several co-workers are now telling the police that they also suspect the nurse has poisoned patients, and some even tell that they have been walking around with this suspicion for several years. But why hasn't anyone responded? And where is the evidence?

Sat 06/17/23 08:37 AM
27C started sunny with a bit of wind, but end of the afternoon the forecast clouds came in. Now it's cloudy.

Sat 06/17/23 06:08 AM
Went for a walk, now forcing myself to not work in the garden as it's like household work: it never ends and thus you can never get on top of it.
And my body needs a break :)