Community > Posts By > paintecards01

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 11:19 AM
Most bad things are people, in my experience.laugh

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 11:19 AM

Trust is earned and love it blind, must be nice to throw stones from your pedestal having never made a mistake yourself. We humans have to learn from ours. Most people have to experience betrayal at some point, if you haven't your lucky. Calling those of us who have stupid and useless because we had to learn the hard way not to trust too easily doesn't help anything, unless your just trying to make yourself feel superior at the expense of others.

Love is only blind if you treat it that way. You have to use your head in all things, not just operate from pure emotion. To make a statement that you keep getting hurt because you "go all in and love so much it hurts and you have a big heart" is only setting yourself up for failure.

Yes, I do think it's stupid to keep making the same mistake over and over again, because you're supposed to learn from the past not repeat it. Have I made mistakes in my life? Hell yeah. Have I learned from them and made a conscious effort to not repeat the same unhealthy behavior over and over again? Hell yeah. Do I feel sorry for anyone who takes pride in giving themselves completely to another person at the expense of their own health and happiness to the point that it makes them ill and sad and bitter with the rest of the world? Hell no.

The main thing that separates humans from animals is our ability to think and reason. We choose to do what we do, we don't operate from pure instinct. We have the ability to think and reason and weigh the pros and cons of a bad choice over a good one. And we have to be willing to suffer the consequences for our actions and not be so quick to blame the other person for mistakes that we keep consciously making.

I hold to what I said; we make our own choices. We choose to trust. We choose to stay in abusive relationships. We choose to consciously make the same mistakes over and over again. You might not be in control of who you fall in love with, but you're damn sure in control of who you allow to use and abuse you and I will not take that back. It's not my intention to insult or belittle anyone, I call things as I see them, sometimes the truth hurts, that's life. We deal and move on. And hopefully we learn.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 11:06 AM
I don't date foreigners; I have a hard enough time getting along with men from my own country, what the hell would I do with a guy from a whole other land???

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:53 AM

How about: "The Wetdream"

That could be fun, too.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:49 AM
Good and bad are relative terms, what's bad to me is good to someone else and vice versa. You have people who are involved in what the outside world would consider a really ****ed up relationship, but if it makes both of them happy, it's not bad. And then you have people involved in what appears to be a normal, healthy relationship (like the one my parents had) and no one is happy, so it's bad. Most things are up to interpretation and perception.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:46 AM

If you mean bad girls and boys, I think its because they are perceived to be more exciting to be around even if they are also more likely to screw you over for their own happiness.

And they're usually super hot, too, don't forget that....:wink:

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:43 AM

wouldn't that be a bit awkward?
noway

laugh

Visitation might be a pain... noway

No conjugal visits in the psych ward....sad

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:42 AM

I think the definition of a "good man" varies from person to person.

What is yours?

True...drinker

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:41 AM

Looking for someone who is committed

Most of the guys I dated should have been committed. laugh

Most of the ones I've dated have been committed....rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:34 AM
Welcome and good luck to you.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:34 AM
How sweet.flowerforyou

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:31 AM

cant qualify it as 'good' or 'bad'

people cant really date online, they can only chat online , which may lead to dating,,,

This.

And most of the time, once you get to know them, you realize you don't want to date them anyway.laugh

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 10:12 AM
Trust is something that is earned, not something I give immediately and freely. I never put all my trust in anyone and I don't feel sorry for anyone who does and gets burned in the end. It takes time to get to know people, I've known some people for years and they still have a way of surprising me and not in a good way. Whatever works for you is your business, but it's still your fault if you keep getting hurt from making the same naive mistakes.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 09:51 AM
One of my classmates proposed to her boyfriend. It's not something I'd ever do, because I think that's the guy's role, but to each his/her own.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 09:18 AM

There are plenty, but they may not be good looking enough, have enough money, or be willing to let a women control him for companionship. Seems like that's a deal breaker in most cases, but you can cry on their shoulder till the next douche comes along ;)

Which is a perfect example of why "nice guys" are stupid and useless; if you know you're only being used until something better comes along it's your own fault for letting it happen. We're all responsible for how we let other people treat us. Personally, I think a lot of men do that stupid **** intentionally, knowing what's going to happen, just so they have something to ***** about later....

And the same goes for a lot of women too I suppose?

Yes.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 09:12 AM

There's a scrawny little orange one hanging around my garbage cans some mornings. Come and get him.

Aww, kitty.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 09:11 AM

I love lamp:tongue:

Lamp is hot.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 09:09 AM

omg, you know what else is good that's orange.

Cheetos.

And Doritos.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 08:43 AM
And kitty cats. So sweet. Especially the orange ones.

no photo
Sun 02/09/14 08:35 AM
Edited by paintecards01 on Sun 02/09/14 08:44 AM
Sending positive thoughts to your mom, Izzy.flowerforyou

I just read the updates, so I'm glad she's doing well.flowers

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25