Seakolony's photo
Wed 04/17/19 07:44 PM
Yellow fin tuna

Seakolony's photo
Wed 04/17/19 06:37 PM
Witches washing their hair in the ocean

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 07:45 PM

first off me and my mom had to sell our house and we have been living with my sister and once my mom gets the money back from the house we might end up moving and I don't want that **** because I don't want to leave any of my friends behind and nor do I want or need a fresh start

Maybe you should get your own place and not move then

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 06:48 PM
Dinosaur bones

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 06:46 PM

How does god take blame here?

Let There Be Light.
God created the Heavens and the Earth.
Created angels and man.
Created the garden and the tree and the serpent.

God is all loving, all knowing, all powerful, the Alpha and the Omega.

Eve did not invite Satan into the garden.
Eve was innocent and had not yet consumed the fruit of the tree of knowledge (good & evil).
God designed and created the garden as He also designed and created man and the angels.

Everything that results from "Let There Be Light" forward is because of God.
With the power and the knowledge to create something from nothing, He must understand how things work and each part of His creation must be intentional.

God, the all loving, all knowing, all powerful, the Alpha and the Omega, must allow Satan and demons and sin to exist because He created them in the first place.

If I create children, I take responsibility for my children because I love them. I did create four children. I do have a black sheep. I took responsibility for him while he was young and a child. When he reached the age of reason, I guided him the best I could but I am not an all-knowing supreme being like God. I am a man, a mortal man, fallible and still learning how to live life myself.
The comparison is not the same.
God is the creator of the Universe.
God did create man, angels, demons and the reality in which we exist.
God does not share those divine powers of understanding and manipulation with us.
Cannot have, no cookie for you.

Being the only one with such power of complete love, complete knowledge, understanding and control, God is the ONLY one that could be responsible for anything.

Such ^ is why religion makes no sense to me.
It is told from the perspective of someone attempting to influence someone else based on the assumption that the influenced has little reasoning capacity.
It fails when the influenced remove the delusions and look at reality.
As long as the delusional mind remains delusional, the religion is in control.
The moment someone says "Wait, hold on a second, that doesn't make sense" the control starts to deteriorate.

Religion is effective as long as the masses being controlled are limited in reasoning ability. The more knowledge of reality and reason, the less control religion has.

One more thing to consider:
Everything we do in the world today is after-the-fact.
After Adam and Eve acquired knowledge and reason.
We are no longer in the pristine innocent stage of existence that existed in the garden before the tree rule was violated.
We have knowledge.
This is why religion breaks down under scrutiny.
It was created to control a population with limited understanding of the world around them. The stories used to teach morals and values didn't have to stand up to scrutiny and reason. They only had to make sense on the surface because people didn't look for more.
People were gullible.
In today's world, less people are as gullible.
Perhaps in part because there are more people but I think it also has to do with our ability to learn and understand the world around us.
We don't need someone to tell us how it is, we have learned to figure it out for ourselves.
Yes, there are people that are gullible today.

There are people that find comfort in religion.
As far as I care, if it gives you comfort, you should embrace it.
But, if it isn't giving you comfort, look at reality and figure out why.My religion didn't make sense to the reality in which I exist.
For a long time, I thought I was missing something, my life was full of conflict.
I started embracing reality and removing the delusions of religion and the conflict reduced and along with it my internal stress diminished.
I found my inner harmony with existence.
If your religion does that for you, good.

An artist takes beauty and makes it come to life. People have free will to do as they wish. In doing so there negative and positive consequences to decisions you make, what you do and what you create. You can do this but if you do this then this happens. God is not to blame for love and creation. Nor the choices that his creation makes. The beauty of his creation is free will to choose to believe or not believe. I have proof that God and our saviour the Lord Jesus do exist. I can explain to you, but the proof I have of the existence and my exaltation of my father have nothing to to with my grandfather or the fact that I was raised religiously. But in more concrete evidence of a question I asked of only the Lord our father through my saviour Jesus Christ and received an answer through someone I had never met that could not have known the question nor the answer to the question. I do not blame either for what Satan had inflicted upon me. I can not help that a rogue creation seeks to make me a party to his rebellion.

God is not to blame

I disagree
An artist takes beauty and makes it come to life.

Not really.
People have free will to do as they wish.

And who exactly gave them that free will?
And...if it is able to be given, can it not also be taken away?
And, if it was given, this implies that it is not something that happens naturally because it is able to be given.
In doing so there negative and positive consequences to decisions you make, what you do and what you create.

Negative and positive according to whom?
Negative and positive according to what standard?
Why negative, why positive?
Who established the parameters of negative and positive and is there an example of neutral? Neither negative nor positive?
There is no baseline.
ou can do this but if you do this then this happens.

Simple cause and effect.
Reality is FULL of cause and effect, it has very little to do with religion and a whole lot to do with reality.
God is not to blame for love and creation. Nor the choices that his creation makes.

Why?
If God created everything, set everything in motion, is all loving, all powerful and all knowing, why is God not responsible for everything everywhere, everywhen?
It just makes no sense, no sense at all?
God is not to blame for love and creation. Nor the choices that his creation makes.

Why not? Again, it makes no sense.
The beauty of his creation is free will to choose to believe or not believe.

Again...Why?
Why is that so beautiful?
How is that even reasonable to the idea of divine integrity?
According to religion, God wants us all to believe only in Him.
Failure to do so is damnation.
The free will is not free, it has a price.
You have the free will to believe in Me but if you don't, this is the consequence of your choice.

Its like saying here is the lease to live here. You either agree to the terms of this lease or you go elsewhere. To live here, you must agree.
You have the choice to agree to the lease or not.
If you do, you live there if not, you are homeless.
The only free will is a choice between living there or being homeless.
The only free will is God's will or damnation.
How is that free will?
The God I believe in makes no ultimatums like that.
There is no damnation and no grace.
Reality is just reality and God is doing whatever God does.
My fate is in my control and it only exists while I exist.
Granted, the concept might be beyond your mind to appreciate but it is not beyond mine.

I don't need a God to provide comfort.
I don't need a God to keep me in line.
I don't need rewards after I die.
I don't need the threat of punishment for my misdeeds.
There is no power beyond my own.
What others think means nothing to me.
I exist in reality for the short period while my brain is alive.
So far, I am not impressed at all.
Nothing, NOTHING has impressed me about existence.
So, what?

I live in the here and now.
I live in reality.
I value other people as I find them valuable to me.
What others do, or think is of no consequence to how the world exists.
Its all just a play on power, money and fervor.

But in more concrete evidence of a question I asked of only the Lord our father through my saviour Jesus Christ and received an answer through someone I had never met that could not have known the question nor the answer to the question.

How is that concrete evidence?
It is circumstantial at best.
You put a million monkeys in front of a million pianos and eventually one of them will punch out a symphony. Got news for ya, there are 7.6 BILLION people in the world right now. Do the math.
Lets say I talk to 1 million women.
Each time, I start my conversation with "I sense someone close to you has died just recently". While most of those women might say "No, not really" a great percentage of them might say "Yes, how did you know?". I'm not psychic, I am just playing averages.
To hear what you need to hear when you need to hear it is not divine, its the law of averages. It has no significance to the proof or disproof of a divine power at work.
I do not blame either for what Satan had inflicted upon me

I don't blame Satan for anything, nor do I blame God.
We are the product of our own making.
Again, cause and effect.
While some people can't see the reality because they are surrounded in delusion, some of us do see reality and take steps to prevent those bad things from happening to us.
For the few that do take a proactive measure to assure their immediate futures, many think there is no choice and come what may, things will always be out of ones personal control.
And yes, some things in the world today are out of your personal control.
Shidt happens.
However, its how you respond to adversity that dictates how your future unfolds. Its not grace of belief that keeps you safe.
You gotta take charge of your existence and make the right choices at the right times. You can't blame God for your problems anymore than you can blame the devil. The only one you can blame is yourself.
You are either in control or you are not.
The only one that can determine that is yourself.
You control your own destiny in life.
I can not help that a rogue creation seeks to make me a party to his rebellion.

Who thinks like that in everyday decisions?
I don't think like that at all.
I don't see life as a struggle between good and evil.
I see life as a series of circumstances that change over time by association.
There is no battle raging inside me between good and evil.
I know where I stand.
That conflict went away when I realized religion was a delusion, a ruse used to control people for an end result.

I'm not longer attend organized gathering but I do pray. I do show thankfulness for what I have and am grateful at any stage of.life.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 06:05 PM
Beracuda gobbles up leaf with ant.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 04:58 PM

I wonder if people are concerned about this?
Currently it is real bad, all over the world. Not so bad in my country yet, but it is happening here too. I suspect when people go on holiday this summer it will get worse here as many Dutch ppl go to France and over there it's pretty bad.

I haven't had a shot as they only started doing that for measles in 1976. And I was always told I haven't had the measles, so I am at risk.
Of course I happen to live close to a bleeping bible belt, who tend to not have their children vaccinated.
OTher than that there's more and more people refusing it because of fear mongering. Now there may be truth in those stories, but what's worse?
We are now just below levels of what is safe. Safe = 95% and we're at 93%.

I wonder how this is in the US as your healthcare isn't that good? I read there's a bad outbreak in Brooklyn.
Also in the Philippines, France, Italy, Madagascar and so on...

I wouldn't be bothered so much if I'd had it as a child, now I find it quite scary :/

Most people in the US are vaccinated. I am. My kids and grandkids are vaccinated against it. They give you one when you start college as well.

That's great to hear!
We don't do another shot when children go to college. In a way there's no need for that.
I haven't been vaccinated, wasn't around yet when I was born. I will have to ask my GP about it.

Our family has always vaccinated. My grandmother was from Korea and had Polio as a child. She walked with a limp her whole life because of the disease. She taught how important she thought it was. I have friends that do not believe in it. They think the government put things in the vaccinations that cause other disease. I never let them convince me. They also think vaccinations cause Autism.

Yes, more and more people choose to not vaccinate over here too because they fear the government messed with it. Not government actually, Big Pharma. And I do not exclude those rumours from being true.
But then again, what is worse?

The thing is that if people choose to get a shot, it doesn't affect anyone else.
If people decide NOT to get it, however, it DOES effect populations. It endangers others, puts them at risk.
And like your grandmother being an example, I often think people have forgotten what these diseases did to us because they don't get to see it anymore, for which we have the vaccinations to thank.

Difficult discussion. But simple fact remains the one person's freedom of choice to not get vaccinated can kill other people. What about their rights?
Tricky chit...

Glad you and your family are vaccinated, Seakolony!

I don't discount the rumors either. All I can say is that disease happens for a reason and population control for the Earth's survival is one of them. People survived before vaccinations. They did not live as long, they did face trials and tribulations, but the beauty and cleanliness of the Earth that it took the Industrial age not to long to destroy maybe was worth the short life span?

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 04:50 PM

How does god take blame here?

Let There Be Light.
God created the Heavens and the Earth.
Created angels and man.
Created the garden and the tree and the serpent.

God is all loving, all knowing, all powerful, the Alpha and the Omega.

Eve did not invite Satan into the garden.
Eve was innocent and had not yet consumed the fruit of the tree of knowledge (good & evil).
God designed and created the garden as He also designed and created man and the angels.

Everything that results from "Let There Be Light" forward is because of God.
With the power and the knowledge to create something from nothing, He must understand how things work and each part of His creation must be intentional.

God, the all loving, all knowing, all powerful, the Alpha and the Omega, must allow Satan and demons and sin to exist because He created them in the first place.

If I create children, I take responsibility for my children because I love them. I did create four children. I do have a black sheep. I took responsibility for him while he was young and a child. When he reached the age of reason, I guided him the best I could but I am not an all-knowing supreme being like God. I am a man, a mortal man, fallible and still learning how to live life myself.
The comparison is not the same.
God is the creator of the Universe.
God did create man, angels, demons and the reality in which we exist.
God does not share those divine powers of understanding and manipulation with us.
Cannot have, no cookie for you.

Being the only one with such power of complete love, complete knowledge, understanding and control, God is the ONLY one that could be responsible for anything.

Such ^ is why religion makes no sense to me.
It is told from the perspective of someone attempting to influence someone else based on the assumption that the influenced has little reasoning capacity.
It fails when the influenced remove the delusions and look at reality.
As long as the delusional mind remains delusional, the religion is in control.
The moment someone says "Wait, hold on a second, that doesn't make sense" the control starts to deteriorate.

Religion is effective as long as the masses being controlled are limited in reasoning ability. The more knowledge of reality and reason, the less control religion has.

One more thing to consider:
Everything we do in the world today is after-the-fact.
After Adam and Eve acquired knowledge and reason.
We are no longer in the pristine innocent stage of existence that existed in the garden before the tree rule was violated.
We have knowledge.
This is why religion breaks down under scrutiny.
It was created to control a population with limited understanding of the world around them. The stories used to teach morals and values didn't have to stand up to scrutiny and reason. They only had to make sense on the surface because people didn't look for more.
People were gullible.
In today's world, less people are as gullible.
Perhaps in part because there are more people but I think it also has to do with our ability to learn and understand the world around us.
We don't need someone to tell us how it is, we have learned to figure it out for ourselves.
Yes, there are people that are gullible today.

There are people that find comfort in religion.
As far as I care, if it gives you comfort, you should embrace it.
But, if it isn't giving you comfort, look at reality and figure out why.My religion didn't make sense to the reality in which I exist.
For a long time, I thought I was missing something, my life was full of conflict.
I started embracing reality and removing the delusions of religion and the conflict reduced and along with it my internal stress diminished.
I found my inner harmony with existence.
If your religion does that for you, good.

An artist takes beauty and makes it come to life. People have free will to do as they wish. In doing so there negative and positive consequences to decisions you make, what you do and what you create. You can do this but if you do this then this happens. God is not to blame for love and creation. Nor the choices that his creation makes. The beauty of his creation is free will to choose to believe or not believe. I have proof that God and our saviour the Lord Jesus do exist. I can explain to you, but the proof I have of the existence and my exaltation of my father have nothing to to with my grandfather or the fact that I was raised religiously. But in more concrete evidence of a question I asked of only the Lord our father through my saviour Jesus Christ and received an answer through someone I had never met that could not have known the question nor the answer to the question. I do not blame either for what Satan had inflicted upon me. I can not help that a rogue creation seeks to make me a party to his rebellion.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 04:15 PM
The truth is it really isn't about your outer beauty or lack thereof. It's more about what is it about you that makes you attractive to someone else. Some people seem just hot when you meet them until they start talking. Others are ugly until you start finding personality compliments with one another or hobbies. When you spend time doing what you enjoy with someone whose company you enjoy things can grow from there. It also depends on taste, so people are attracted to a certain type usually. Some prefer redheads brunettes or blondes. Just depends on what attracts an individual.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 04:09 PM

Nor did anyone said anything about Race or advertisement. I think people need to read and understand but not adding to what is being said. There are times not to make any comment but to enjoy what is being said.

If you do not wish insight from other on your topic, why do you make a thread on it. What there is to to appreciate in the comment I do not understand. However I do understand that you are attracted to a certain type of woman but are afraid to trust. Honestly, trust works both ways. If you have been neglected yourself to the point of fear of trusting, then maybe time off and finding your confidence to trust again. Find your love again first. In psychology classes they cautioned on relationships and showed that taking time to heal is important. The time of the relationship maybe the time you need to heal before seeking a relationship again.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 03:42 PM
Edited by Seakolony on Tue 04/16/19 03:43 PM
Zephyr blowing across the water

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 11:28 AM

Currently it is real bad, all over the world. Not so bad in my country yet, but it is happening here too. I suspect when people go on holiday this summer it will get worse here as many Dutch ppl go to France and over there it's pretty bad.

I haven't had a shot as they only started doing that for measles in 1976. And I was always told I haven't had the measles, so I am at risk.
Of course I happen to live close to a bleeping bible belt, who tend to not have their children vaccinated.
OTher than that there's more and more people refusing it because of fear mongering. Now there may be truth in those stories, but what's worse?

I wonder how this is in the US as your healthcare isn't that good? I read there's a bad outbreak in Brooklyn.

I wouldn't be bothered so much if I'd had it as a child, now I find it quite scary :/

Most people in the US are vaccinated. I am. My kids and grandkids are vaccinated against it. They give you one when you start college as well.

That's great to hear!
We don't do another shot when children go to college. In a way there's no need for that.
I haven't been vaccinated, wasn't around yet when I was born. I will have to ask my GP about it.

Our family has always vaccinated. My grandmother was from Korea and had Polio as a child. She walked with a limp her whole life because of the disease. She taught how important she thought it was. I have friends that do not believe in it. They think the government put things in the vaccinations that cause other disease. I never let them convince me. They also think vaccinations cause Autism.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 11:20 AM
Edited by Seakolony on Tue 04/16/19 11:24 AM

Learning to live life is important.

I agree.
:thumbsup:

Learning is aquiring knowledge.
Knowledge allows for understanding.

If we aquire knowledge based on reality, we understand how to learn to live life in the reality in which we exist. We find harmony.
If we aquire knowledge based on illusion, our understanding of how to live life becomes deluded. We exist in delusion which causes conflict/stress.

The pristine Adam and Eve lived in harmony with God in the Garden created by God for them.
God put the tree of knowledge in the garden. Told them it was off-limits.
Satan snuck into the garden and corrupted Eve.
How is that Eve's fault?

The way I see it;
God fully intended Adam and Eve to partake of the tree of knowledge but at a later date. When HE decided they were ready.
spock
Satan, jumped the gun and corrupted Eve.
God punished all of them but the actual sin was Satan's, not Eve's.
Up to that point, Eve was innocent (pristine).

However, if you follow understanding of cause and effect.
God put the tree in the garden.
God allowed Satan into the garden.
God decided to punish all.
So who's fault is it that Eve was corrupted?
It was God's fault.
whoa

If God did NOT put the tree in the garden in reach of Adam and Eve the sin could have been avoided.
If God did NOT let Satan into the garden to corrupt Eve, the sin could have been avoided.
If God had the love, knowledge and understanding implied by religion He would not have needed to punish anyone.
slaphead

Basically, He shot Himself in the foot and blamed the bullet and His foot.
frustrated

How does god take blame here? He did not allow Satan to corrupt the snake. You might as well blame him for creating the Angel that went rogue. You have four children in this instance. Raise them with love and faith. One goes rogue, you taught them each the same. Is your fault the one child went rogue?

I stopped blaming god for not protecting me as a child for what happened to me. I started to take control of my life as an adult. I no longer allow others to choose my destiny or decisions.

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 08:54 AM

As far as I know, vaccinations are still mandatory in Germany. Dunno if they are a 100% safe bet. I got them with 3 years of age, and a booster with 6 years of age. Still managed to get Rubellas with 21 years of age oops

In the US they recommend an additional MMR at The start of college

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 08:46 AM

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 03:25 AM
Tsunamis

Seakolony's photo
Tue 04/16/19 03:23 AM
Edited by Seakolony on Tue 04/16/19 03:24 AM

The snake to slither upon it's belly and have a forked tongue. Eve to bear the pains of labor and child birth with men to toil upon the Earth and to be banned from Eden.

This is only allegorical! The shape of the snake's tongue is part of evolution. Same for the pains of childbirth, any stretching of the body is going to cause pain (glad I'm not a woman!). The concept of men working has been replaced with the idea that we all work. It is today unusual (in the West, at least) for the man to go to work, earning enough to pay for the entire family while his wife stays at home.

The bible is full of such stories, written only to inspire the faithful to think for themselves. These stories were never intended to be read as true stories. After all, they have been translated many times over thousands of years.

Think of the French for the English word 'please'. There is no word. Instead what the French say translates as 'if it pleases you'. That is just a very simple example of modern usage. When scholars attempt to translate ancient languages that are not spoken anywhere today, what you get is no more than an interpretation of what they think the meaning is. Definately not to be taken literally!

I am sorry but my grandfather was a preacher and my uncle is as well. Don't preach....not your job explaining a story basis and reasoning behind the story isn't an issue. Learning to live life is important. You don't need to explain things to me. It's not your job thanks. This was my opinion on why the tree was there for the OP.

1 2 5 6 7 9 11 12 13 24 25