Community > Posts By > vanaheim

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:40 PM
ultimately you only regret doing something you didn't want to do or not doing something you did want to do. You never finally regret doing something you did want to do or not doing something you didn't want to do.

It's basically the roadmap to being yourself and in the end how close you stay with yourself is what it's all about. Trusting yourself from the beginning saves you a lot of work undoing awry directions later.

Missed opportunities and many other ways of wording regret all fall in here. If you're in tune then whenever you didn't do something it was because you didn't want to and that's all the reason you need, and every reason not to.

You could say "I wasn't in a position to take advantage of that opportunity" but then to be in a different position would require you being a different person, for whom the opportunity may have been superfluous. It comes back to trusting yourself, lost opportunities are the meloncholy of lives you don't live.

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:27 PM
Well hey if you're in Melbourne over summer we can cry in our beers together...

;)

laughing ... Explains the funny walk ... You don't think we check you out when you turn your back :-)

I knew I spent a while selecting the right jeans cut last time I went shopping for some reason!

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:21 PM
Tell her you're not that kind of girl?

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:17 PM
Sometimes I put my foot in my mouth or just say something even I think doesn't make any sense to a woman I really like, and before then she quite liked me, and if she can just bop me over the head or something and we can get back to just liking each other that's one of the things that really does it for me with a lady. Coz I'm a bit retarded sometimes, but I never mean it :D
Sometimes I'm with a lady all I can think is how I like her like her, and all sorts of stupid things I don't even notice hit the mouth gear, never wrongful things I just mean nonsensical words strung together.
Dunno why that is, but I do that. Get paranoid sometimes about it, world becomes all tense. Then when a woman just laughs and says, that's ridiculous, well it's just so relaxing and I love that.

Does that make any sense or is my foot in my mouth again?

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:05 PM
I'm guessing somebody doesn't like it when their views depart to differing conclusions on the same subjects.

Diwata, have you considered the possibility that maybe sometimes you're just wrong about something?
Blind following and support without question doesn't work any better in a relationship than it does anywhere else.

And clones of people don't exist to have relationships with.

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 11:00 PM
Edited by vanaheim on Sat 10/18/14 10:59 PM
Of course if you just want a cake recipe answer then go to an over 35s nightclub, they're all over the place in Melb. You'll catch something nasty and walk with drongos but maybe that's the place to get your feet wet and figure out who you are to people.

There is the occasional sincere middle aged woman at those places, they're just overwhelmed by a very poor crowd. Maybe you can save her.

If the bouncers ask your age just glare at them and say do I look 12 to you?

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:54 PM
Women of all ages are in all places so you're lucky there. Melbourne has a lot of varied venues, a big music scene and plenty of daytime meets for every interest from markets to car rallies and nature walks or conservation demonstrations.

Start by mooting your interests, the kind of get togethers where, if random people were attending you're fairly likely to be able to strike up a topical conversation.

Being interested in particular women or demographics of women works for you, you don't actually have to try to express an interest in something you're already interested in, it shows on your face every time they walk by. So that part doesn't take any work. If you don't get a response just being you then it's because they're not available or mutually interested, not because they can't tell you're interested.

The real trick to overcome confrontational shyness seeking a date is using proxies. Have something topical to talk about. If at a cafe for example, and you see an older woman you find striking and attractive, you don't have to approach her confrontationally with an offer of personal congress. You can just go order another coffee so you're standing beside her and make a small joke about something, or do some small talk like a regular person talking to another regular person.

The thing is, if you just talk to women you like as if they're regular joes, they still get that you like them, it shows in body language, but it's just a nice friendly start where you can ease into taking a table together or something like that in a relaxed way.

The main trick about self confidence is relaxation. Being relaxed is to be confident, if you think of something to say but actually saying it makes you tense, then it's the wrong thing to say. See how that works? Say things you feel relaxed about saying and you'll always be confident, and also most honest. If you add the fact you're interested in the person, it shows and that's the part they'll respond to.

So the real answer is: anywhere mate. The supermarket, a music venue, wherever you happen to be at the time. Increase rates of encounter by selection of venue, be yourself and that means always acting with relaxation, then nature does the rest if it's there to be done.

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:39 PM
damn I miss having a girlfriend..

this stuff is fun to think about.

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:37 PM
Since we're revealing secrets...sometimes we have to walk off and leave the room, then think about what you said and come back and continue the conversation if you're wearing a bikini or lick your lips or something like that. Believe me the carburettor suddenly didn't need to be rebuilt that urgently...

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:31 PM
A real answer...most things women do remotely involving attracting us are ridiculously, mind bendingly erotic but we have to play it cool or you'll walk all over us.
Really, just about anything. The sweet smell of perfume in unusual places, ridiculously erotic (conjures to mind the kind of self grooming you want to film for later).
Wearing sexy underwear under regular clothes, I think guys have actually bitten a finger off over that.
Pretty much anything women do intending to be erotic achieves effect beyond all rational human thought. We just have to kind of pretend our thumping heart is just being a little short of breath walking up those stairs.

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:24 PM
When we say "there's plenty of other women who want to date me" we're talking about our pillow named katya the pillow mistress.

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:23 PM
Most of our pick up lines were practised on blow up dolls...and seemed to work much better oddly o_O

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:12 PM
Some kids think failing to get a car for their license-age birthday is child abuse so where do we draw the line?

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:05 PM
I still have at least four one night relationships and half a dozen 3-5 weekers for sale on ebay if you're interested. All I need is your credit card details...and your SOUL muahahaha!

sorry. the site made me do it.

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 10:00 PM
naughty secrets the other sex might not know...

Okay. We only want to do your daughter because you're so hot and it's not our fault she got pregnant.

...this is one of those times where the other guys go "Dude that was such a mistake", huh?

:D

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 09:49 PM

Personally, I try to not think too *hard* about why some return repeatedly to view my profile without leaving a message.

scared

It's because I have to keep renaming your boobs.
Now my question: is it still vegetarian with a bit of bacon in it, because I really want this meal to be kochure for a muslim chick and it's just not right without the flavouring.

vanaheim's photo
Sat 10/18/14 09:30 PM
Considering the vast majority of womens profiles in a local search invariably return profiles which read nothing more than "Hi", all other sections left blank, and one photo in an evening gown on a bathroom mirror shot, clearly the vast majority of women here are looking specifically for the same contempt they have for men directed right back in the kind of men who'll respond to such profiles.
Because anyone with a working brain just rolls their eyes and clicks away.

You have to start treating people like human beings from the getgo before you start getting human beings responding. No wonder women are always going on about the sleazebags at these sites. They specifically screen for only those replies. And they do. By the hundreds.

*facepalm*

vanaheim's photo
Thu 10/09/14 03:36 AM
So long as they let me do a string of gags on the paparazzi, sure. Because that'd be terrific entertainment.

There's just so much you can do with a celebrity in on the gag. Like that song the female comedian in the US, the cute jewish woman, the webcast song she did with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck. That was hilarious and just one example of the fun you can have with celebrities.

vanaheim's photo
Wed 10/08/14 06:40 AM
Been wanting to hug the crap out of Storm...

vanaheim's photo
Wed 10/08/14 06:34 AM
I'm usually too distracted by boobs to recall minor details like ethnicity or what she was wearing or talking about.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 24 25