Community > Posts By > Ainjel

no photo
Thu 09/18/14 10:36 PM
..Yep..Nice..

no photo
Tue 09/16/14 05:55 PM
Episode 6 was amazing..The whole flogging part was well done..You only get that small gist of it from reading about it, but seeing it is a whole other 'bloody hell' moment, and yes Tobias Menzies plays it well..I know everyone is hanging out for the Wedding episode..haha..Probably more the night, then the day..Be interesting to see how they portray it all..

no photo
Sun 09/14/14 11:23 AM
Yes all that Parisian stuff was a bit too much in the book..I would usually skip alot of it so I didn't get put off reading it fully..

I like the look of the cowl shawls..Something so simple that looks great...

So looking forward to the next episode to see how they did it or wether any changes were made..Exciting..

no photo
Sat 09/13/14 06:37 PM
That is so cool..The new winter fashion now I would say...We are in spring here, heading to summer, so I may have a go at making one for Winter 2015.....,.Suits you too..well done...I am waiting for the episode to be downloaded so I can watch it not long after it airs..It isn't in New Zealand for months or even a year or so, , so it has been awesome being able to watch it online, rather then wait and wait...

no photo
Thu 09/11/14 07:08 PM
I hope you post a picture of it when you have finished..At least by reading the books you can understand the flashbacks that occur in the series and also how they have changed some of the storyline by either leaving things out, or adding new bits in..Such a good thing they are not changing the whole of the story....The books are a fantastic read..

no photo
Tue 09/09/14 05:18 PM
Edited by Ainjel on Tue 09/09/14 05:20 PM
Written In My Own Hearts Blood came out in July/August this year, about 5 years after the 7th book..So now it is another few years of waiting for book 9...Hopefully she writes it real quick and publishes it sooner..(Fingers crossed)

She also wrote another series in between the Outlander novels, to do with one of the English soldiers that became a kind of friend of Jamies, through the books...I didn't particularly fancy reading them...They are called the Lord John Series..

no photo
Tue 09/09/14 02:06 PM

I will!
And I think Jamie & Claire being in their 40s in later books, is the reason why they went for these two actors as well, both being 34. So they can get away with playing a younger character still, and as the series progresses, easily be made to look a tad older. If each book will be a season, they'll be 40 - or close to it - themselves by that time anyways.

Maybe I will try the crocheting after all ... My friend found something online on how to do one.
And yes, the cloak with the fur, lovely! Wonderful to be able to wear dresses like that :)
I had the opportunity myself a couple of times, attending Medieval events with my pagan web-shop. Events where ppl where supposed to dress up for the occasion, so lots of women in 17-18th century outfits, some posh, some more witchy, men in kilts, chain mail and so on. And me, as shop proprietor, dressed up for the occasion as well of course. Event lasted 3 days, outdoors, had my shop stuff in a tent. Wonderful experience, felt really 'me', hihi. Although I got rather fed up with the iron baleens in my corset.
But wearing really long, flowing dresses that caress your ankles when you walk, makes you feel so feminine! Having to lift up the skirt if you go up a stile, that kind of thing, loved it!

The whole Medieaval things sounds wonderful...Love the clothes from that era...I'm a fan of long flowing dresses...

It will be interesting to see just how far they take the series...Hopefully its the whole 8 books that are out now...

no photo
Mon 09/08/14 06:03 PM
I belong to a forum site with Outlander discussions & stuff, where alot of the members are knitting and crocheting the cowl neck scarves...I love her cloak with the fur on it..It's beautiful..20 years after the first book and the story continues as they are in their 40's, it is still an amazing read, so keep reading..

no photo
Mon 09/08/14 03:08 PM
By the way, the audio version of the books are available on youtube as well...

no photo
Mon 09/08/14 03:07 PM
By the way, the audio version of the books are available on youtube as well...

no photo
Mon 09/08/14 02:55 PM
When I read the 2nd book it was like what..?..but then as it unfolds you can't wait to the 3rd book, it just gets more and more addictive..

Sam is 6'3, and Jamie was described as being over 6 foot in the book, and yes Caitriona is tall herself, so doesn't make Sam look any taller..

The series is great, not just because of the storyline but also the scenery, the clothes, everything together makes it awesome...I wouldn't mind learning the Gaelic..Love the sound when they speak it..

no photo
Mon 09/08/14 12:38 PM
Having read the books years before the series was created, except for the last book which came out 2 months ago, you can actually see the connection forming on the series each week..You can see it in the way he looks at her with what someone called 'moon eyes', lol, and I think it is because I know exactly whats going to happen etc..I loved the Rent episode, the scenery was beautiful, and I look forward to the 7th Episode which is The Wedding, which all fans are hanging out for and wanting to watch the wedding night unfold...

All the way through the rest of the books right up till the last one, that whole soul connection continues, and it is really beautiful how it is written...I have never enjoyed reading this series of books so much...

There was a big outcry that Sam Heughan didn't fit every fans idea of Jamie, and to be honest, he really plays and suits the part well...The chemistry with him and Caitriona is great, on and off screen...

no photo
Sat 09/06/14 04:52 PM
..Nice..

no photo
Sat 09/06/14 04:52 PM
..Nice..

no photo
Sat 09/06/14 01:27 PM
I hear ya...That's what happened to me when I first started the book, and it just got worse with each book that came out..But I learnt to rush around and do everything that I needed to do, so I could sit and read..Night was the worst because I would continue till the early hours of the morning reading, not wanting to stop the story and sleep...Have a break before getting the 2nd one in...I started re-reading the whole series again, and the same thing, can't put the books down..All the best...hahaha...

no photo
Tue 09/02/14 02:44 AM

I got the first book in. :smile:

Enjoy the read...

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 07:24 PM
The Outlander series of books that follow the Jamie & Claire story are a good read...I recommend reading them...

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 03:37 PM
Begin Again...Enjoyed...

no photo
Sun 08/31/14 03:36 PM
I love it..

no photo
Mon 08/25/14 07:48 PM
Sculpted beautifully Mig..xxx..

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25