Community > Posts By > MelodyGirl

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 06:44 PM
Mango and pineapple smitten

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 06:00 PM
Jeremy is home today from the vet. :banana:

His surgery went well. He is still groggy but managing ok.

The vet diagnosed him with asthma which means he will start treatments in a few days. He may never get his “meow” back though.

Thanks for all of the well wishes for him!! flowerforyou

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 05:57 PM
I'll send your doggie good vibes. flowerforyou

Sick pets make me so emotional. sad

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 05:04 PM
Edited by MelodyGirl on Tue 09/21/10 05:08 PM

Here is another weird experience: I messaged a lady who was of a different ethnicity. She had no specifications in her profile as to which ethnicities could or could not email her. She responded with I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO CAUCASIANS. The rejection didn't bother me, as she was no great shakes to begin with. It was the way she said what she said --in caps. This lady was not only prejudiced (unlike me), but she also thought I should be able to read minds (if I could, I would read something more substantial). If someone prefers to date within their own ethnicity or religion, so be it, but specify in your profile. Just don't wait for someone of a different background to email you, and then get nasty with him or her. By the way, I responded to her with courtesy, as I wouldn't stoop to her level.

I don't think her reply was prejudice. It was her preference - an obviously strong preference. I wouldn't take it any differently had she replied with, "I AM NOT ATTRACTED TO MEN WITH BEARDS." Granted, her delivery needs a little work but in comparison to some I've gotten - she was Miss Manners. laugh

The CAPS might be her way of typing. I think that is rude in general but not always does the person intend to offend with using CAPS; they may not realize internet etiquette.

Her appearance has noting to do with whether you should be offended either. Ugly or hot, people can have all the preferences they want in life. Being attractive doesn’t give entitlement as well as the contrary that being ugly shouldn’t dismiss what a person desires.

I agree that she should delineate in her profile what she is attracted to in a partner. As you said, we can't read anyone's mind.

I’m sure there are a lot of examples everyday of people laughing off profiles. tongue2

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 04:58 PM

IS IT WRONG FOR A GUY TO CARE, WANT TO CUDDLE, OR WATCH THE SUN SET WITH HIS GIRL?

Eeek! surprised Why are you yelling at us??? tears

I agree with the others; live your own life. The person you should be asking is the person you are dating. What works for one relationship might not work for another, so communicate with the person it matters to the most - YOUR GIRL.

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 04:19 PM
Welcome waving

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 12:08 PM
Edited by MelodyGirl on Tue 09/21/10 12:10 PM

some people use 'kid' as a distinction from 'adult'

Yeah, and I can see that from a chronological perspective. You're 23, you're not technically A kid. But you're still SOMEBODY'S kid.

Maybe I haven't been specific enough, but I really thought "I'm not interested in dating anyone who has kids or wants kids" was pretty clear. Apparently, some people consider the age of the kid to be a loophole. I don't see it that way.

I think Melody actually summed it up the best, as demonstrated above!

just my two cents on how it gets lost in the translation,,

alot of people do mean young children when they say they dont want someone with kids, I felt that way once because I didnt want the added responsibility. I feel once they are out the house, their relation is no more relevant than if they were a cousin or an aunt or a best friend in relationship to my relationship with the parent

they are still independent adults that wont be my responsibility

I havent gone to disneyland and been permitted to ride 'kids' rides because I am 'somebody's kid'

I doubt its anything but a difference in translation, wouldnt make much out of it ,,,,,but thats just me

I see what you are saying, but grown children are still CLOSE family. They can cause baggage, drama and interruption to a relationship. Just because they are grown and purportedly "independent" doesn't mean it's true.

What if they are in college? That “child” is still dependent (usually). What if a grown child leaves her husband – and she and the 3 kids want to move back with the parent?? Eek!!

Don't get me started with grandkids??? scared Sometimes grandparents end up being parents all over again if their "child" can't take care of them.

These are examples I can think of that reinforce my avoidance of "family issues" I don't want in my life.

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 12:01 PM
Edited by MelodyGirl on Tue 09/21/10 12:02 PM

so im filling out and application for job that was sent to me to work at a bank im assuming selling insurance but the questions keep getting more strange..they keep asking like " Do you have a personal insurance agent?"
" Did you ever contact a life insurance sales representative to ask about a product?"

"Did you ever borrow against the cash value of a life insurance policy?"

im not sure what this has to do with working at a bank i guess to look at my background.

i dont know it just seems weird to me.

Since you are potentially working with money, they have to investigate all forms of financial fraud - which includes insurance fraud: vehicle accidents, life insurance, home/renter's insurance, etc.

Any investigations or inquiries, from law enforcement, into a criminal background related to money might disqualify an applicant from the job.

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:58 AM
Edited by MelodyGirl on Tue 09/21/10 12:17 PM

yeah i know...who the hell wants to invest time into looking for something as trivial a significant other?

KC, you are so right! rofl

Really! I mean, learning about someone and whether they are a good match for you is such a misuse of time! slaphead

Isn't it easier to just hook up like animals on the street - or how about an arranged marriage - and find out later that the person isn't right for you? laugh

I LOVE squandering my life by dating the wrong people, having a trail of ex’s and a lot of baggage. That’s so hot and will make me a catch!

No more reading for me at all - not even the news, or text books, or contracts. I'll just walk blindly through life and become aimless because I need FUN all the time - like a 5 year old!! laugh

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:51 AM

Thanks Ladies!

Happy birthday to you too, Tanya! flowers

Tanya, Hippo Birdies Two Ewes Too!!!! laugh :banana: flowerforyou

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:48 AM

So I get this note on another site from a woman who makes it clear that she's interested, BUT....

"I have a 23-year-old daughter, but I don't consider her a kid."

Hmmmm. How does that work, exactly? Is she a table? An archipelago? An urban legend? A fashionable line of woman's casual wear?

I have two flat things at the ends of my legs, but I don't consider them feet. Perhaps they are wombats. I hope so.

The person is minimizing one of your deal-breakers to "seem" more appealing, while at the same time announcing the she is NOT interested so she rejects you first.

This is a veiled manipulation to inspire a conversation to find out whether you are steadfast in not wanting kids. If you reply by saying, "oh, grown kids are OK," then she might have an "IN" with you. If your reply is ... "so, you still have kids" ... then she still rejected you first. Being the one to "reject" another FIRST seems to be a competition among some people for the sake of mitigating their hurt ego.

I received similar emails all the time. My reply (generally) is, "Children are children regardless of age, and a family lifestyle is of no interest to me." (I wish you well blah, blah, blah).

Emails, like this, are simply tests for others to explore a persn's loyalty to their preferences.

Thanks, Melody! I have been on the receiving end of the "I have kids, but it doesn't matter since they're already grown and out of the house or soon will be" arguments before (most notably a very scary and adamant stalkerish one a couple years ago), but I've never seen one worded like this ("I don't consider her a kid") before!

Can I use your "Children are children" response as posted above? It's quicker and makes a lot more sense than the way I was trying to explain it to them!

Lex, of course you can use my wording. :thumbsup:

I want to point out that I am not using that wording to be insulting. My meaning is to remind people with kids, that regardless of how old their children are, they are still their kids and with that comes a certain amount of baggage and responsibility that I choose not to invite in my life. I’m sure there are many people who are happy to date other people with kids (a better fit for them). I wish all of them well – I’m just not one of them.

MelodyGirl's photo
Tue 09/21/10 11:34 AM
Edited by MelodyGirl on Tue 09/21/10 11:41 AM

So I get this note on another site from a woman who makes it clear that she's interested, BUT....

"I have a 23-year-old daughter, but I don't consider her a kid."

Hmmmm. How does that work, exactly? Is she a table? An archipelago? An urban legend? A fashionable line of woman's casual wear?

I have two flat things at the ends of my legs, but I don't consider them feet. Perhaps they are wombats. I hope so.

The person is minimizing one of your deal-breakers to "seem" more appealing, while at the same time announcing the she is NOT interested so she rejects you first.

This is a veiled manipulation to inspire a conversation to find out whether you are steadfast in not wanting kids. If you reply by saying, "oh, grown kids are OK," then she might have an "IN" with you. If your reply is ... "so, you still have kids" ... then she still rejected you first. Being the one to "reject" another FIRST seems to be a competition among some people for the sake of mitigating their hurt ego.

I received similar emails all the time. My reply (generally) is, "Children are children regardless of age, and a family lifestyle is of no interest to me." (I wish you well blah, blah, blah).

Emails, like this, are simply tests for others to explore a persn's loyalty to their preferences.

MelodyGirl's photo
Mon 09/20/10 11:35 PM

You're new so we forgive you but you should know that "I'm a nice guy" threads and "why do women ______" threads don't usually go over very well.

We are more than willing to hear you talk about your ex but don't appreciate being lumped into a category of all "women"

Yayyy! Thank you, Myka!! :banana: flowerforyou

To the OP: make better dating choices, including someone not so immature, and when red flags start to show - get out! Take responsibility for making a bad choice; be glad you got out early, and move on! winking

Oh, and don't generalize. :thumbsup:

MelodyGirl's photo
Mon 09/20/10 11:32 PM
Welcome waving

MelodyGirl's photo
Mon 09/20/10 09:43 PM

Do you keep them, do you have pictures of you with your ex wife or girlfriend?

Do you look at them time to time or just try not to, or did you crop them out already?

I have so many pictures it is not even funny. I save everything. Every card and every letter. I have boxes of memories........smokin

That is so sweet!! flowerforyou

MelodyGirl's photo
Mon 09/20/10 09:41 PM
Welcome Back waving

MelodyGirl's photo
Mon 09/20/10 09:40 PM

MelodyGirl's photo
Mon 09/20/10 09:36 PM
what what what

MelodyGirl's photo
Mon 09/20/10 12:27 PM
Welcome drinker

MelodyGirl's photo
Sun 09/19/10 01:47 PM
Trolling the profiles is never prolific!

Join the forums to meet active members! :banana:

Add a picture, even if it's a funny image or an image that represents you (fave sports team, animals, etc) so we can get a visual sense of who you are - since you are private.

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next