Community > Posts By > MickyG

MickyG's photo
Wed 02/18/09 12:16 AM
Nogames what is your issue, Red wine? My bad I will save that for another time maybe

MickyG's photo
Wed 02/18/09 12:11 AM
Nothing to be sorry about rose, actually, most of my point was aimed at you to just lighten up a bit, enjoy life, you know the good stuff. Yes we can all see problems in one anothers lives, even easier we all can do worse by claiming we know what is really going on. Words are words. F'n enjoy life OK. It has been fun, although I will never be responded to again on mingle,lol!

MickyG's photo
Wed 02/18/09 12:01 AM
Damn I sceered every off again, my badfrustrated

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 11:54 PM
I am not sad at all, I am however up to the challenge of what I face daily. I face it everyday with a smile, not just for show, I am so happy with life I wouldn't expect you to understand. However I do my best when it comes down to proving myself, to do just such, not just for myself but in hopes of upsetting and rattling stereotypes and the related.

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 11:35 PM
On my end, I have been and seen too much for many. If I am to spend any time reflecting on it, it is spent on forgiveness and understanding in a rational manner. I already know some have issues with this, some don't. I cannot change that, that is on the shoulders of another at this point.
I tend to be looked down upon by many until they get to know me better and for whom I really am. You can dispose of me as an old toy or whatever. Should that be the case, are you in such a position to pass judgment onto others? You don't know my personality, my strengths, my flaws, etc. I can guarantee you, I am no toy!
Such as with every individual on this planet, there are more angles than just two. It hurts to hear of people only considering their own.
Ahh how it goes so much deeper but I don't know if anyone is ever listening at this point. The core of my point has yet to be made as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:52 PM
This thread is about to lose its reality in terms of a 360 degree view in terms of lives. Ahhh so much politics and so few people with time to understandhappy happy happy happy

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:41 PM
Just for argument sake what is the difference between having your money taken by those who do not have to held accountable for how they spend your money to those who receive your money from the aforementioned?

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:31 PM
I caught a ride to the pound, would you adopt me?

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:25 PM
I have to admit that many angles regarding this issue have been touched upon, in such a short amount of time as well. I can only imagine what could be possible if a 'think tank'(that is not the terminology I would like to use) of those who desire a better outcome within their lives without state or gov't money needed to be used.
I just constantly find myself frustrated with those blind to the obvious and prefer to point fingers.
We all have flaws! Are there any humans with heart willing to understand a situation that is unfamiliar anymore?

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:11 PM

but if they started weeding out the ones who fail wouldnt there be alittle less cases to have to worry about?
all the money they waste on these people has to be more expensive then a piss test

It is not plus once you find out the poor have a drug problem the humane thing to do, just like employers do is pay for them to go to rehab so if this is done like the employers do then the client will get drug testing and rehab out of the deal and will be eligible for benefits once they complete the rehab program just like most employers do.

Ditto

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:09 PM

Friend of mine sent me this in an email. As you can tell, he's pretty frustrated. Opinions anyone?

I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes, and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.

In order to earn that pay check, I work on a rig site for a construction project. At any time I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem.

HOWEVER, what I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Understand - I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sit on their butt, drink beer and smoke dope.

Could you imagine how much money this country would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

If you agree, please pass this along, or simply ignore it if you don't. Hope you will pass it along though, because something has to change in this country.

We have already been through this on this site several times.

There would be no money saved by drug testing people who receive benefits from the government.
The cost of the drug testing alone would be outstanding, private employers pay for their own testing.

Second, one should not ever assume that all people who are on assistance or even most are druggies unless they are prejudice, hatefilled, discriminating and ignorant folks, which I am sure there are none of those on this site, right?

Isn't it funny how the poor in this country have to be the bane of all in the eyes of the prejudice in this country. I guess kick the underdog while they are down is always the best policy.slaphead noway My opinion here of course.

Music to my ears, thank you.

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 10:01 PM
Its kinda like chasing a Frisbee, you see something get thrown run with all your might, catch, and its like 'Hey this thing is so cool'happy other times its 'hey! would you mind telling me what the heck I just caught? whoa So what did I just catch?

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 09:50 PM
Try to make him realize what he just said!

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 09:46 PM
So lets see its just Stephany, Rare and a few squatters in here now?pitchfork
Just kidding, lol

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 09:37 PM
Wow that was kinda trippy I haven't experience a lelapse like that in some time, does this normally happen when a thread flips Feral?

Good to see a smile on your face too!biggrin

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 09:24 PM

but if they started weeding out the ones who fail wouldnt there be a little less cases to have to worry about?
all the money they waste on these people has to be more expensive then a piss test

If you have called it has been investigated to the best of Social Services ability. The only other thing is report it to the police. They will go to jail and not receive benefits. Testing gets quite expensive in itself. If were to test someone for drugs each time they come in, it would waste time and funds. Plus it would only take one person out not the whole family. Its not the kids fault, the choices of their families.

okay if they have kids and are going for welfare and fail a piss test then they shouldnt have their kids then should they??
they should be putting ever penny towards their kids not drugs

You are stating both parents deserve to lose their children?? If that's the case, report them to Children and families. You have so many avenues, but you should learn the policies and procedures of how they handle things in PA. It is available to all citizens. Check into what department does the investigations. For our state it is called ARMS.

Hmm let me get this right the parents may go to jail? Kids may get taken away?
Some good and bad to however you answer, looks like more taxes to me?
I didn't know a UA was the cure to all situations. Seems to open up a whole new can of worms.
I am beginning to think there may be some here that are a bitter that they are required to take a UA. This of course is passed onto those who are not in the loop necessary.

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 09:07 PM
Good Evening Stephanyflowerforyou

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 09:06 PM
Hey Miss CatLady you look so tired in that pic, it brings my supercool optimism down a notch. I suppose its been a day for you though, I'll just think of you as smiling and its all good. biggrin

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 09:00 PM
Spespespethal

MickyG's photo
Tue 02/17/09 08:37 PM
Honestly now people, it should be all or none. period!!! Especially branches of government, no matter the status, including the President, Justices and go 'ACROSS' the board from there. We are all in this together like it or not.