Community > Posts By > philosopher

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 04:28 PM
Where was that elephant? I didn't see the elephant at all. In fact, what was the major problem? I may have missed that too. Probably it's just me, I tend to look for solutions rather than problems.

Davinci, you gotta start being more careful about what you eat.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 02:51 PM
Oops, that should have been 'made', not 'maid', sheesh, nothing like a stupid mistake to make you rethink posting.

I'm not actually asking question. I know many of the answers. I'm just pointing out that some people need to be asking them.

There was another post listing a large number of jobs that were $25 per hour. They included a pretty wide variety of semi-professional and professional positions. $25 per hour is about $54,000 per year. So under the proposed plan all of those people's children would be qualified for government insurance.

Now I'm thinking that if professionals can not afford insurance for their children the problem is not with the government, it is with the health care and insurance industries.

Did anyone notice that today the FDA is considering letting pharmacists prescribe medications? That will go a long ways to reducing medical care costs right there. Now if you need something simple you should be able to go to a pharmacist and save the hundred dollars for the doctor's blessing on your prescription.

Insurance companies should love that, since it will reduce their payments to doctors. Doctors might not like it so much, but it will ease crowding in their waiting rooms for minor issues.

Bravo FDA for this move.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 01:19 PM
It is just amazing how much political hay can be maid over a difference of opinion. Probably everyone wants insurance for the children. Some are concerned with who is going to pay for what though.

Why let children do without health care?

Why take one poor man's money to pay for another poor man's kids?

The answers to these two questions are in conflict with one another.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 01:09 PM
I think the numbers are just low in general. I'm sure anyone with a good education can find work for around 25, but if they look they can probably get 50 or more.

I think if you're not making at least 120 per hour you need some more school. Living, stick with the 140/hr, its more reasonable.

As for me, I'm an evil industrialist. You don't want to know what I make. Fortunately I can sit here at my desk and play on the net at the same time. I'll talk to you folks later. I have to go crack the whip for a few minutes.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 12:50 PM
So far all my Vegas vacations have been by myself. You might want to consider some new place with a little better track record.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 11:57 AM
I would go three miles for love.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 11:53 AM
Sheesh, make up your mind. My plan for that is usually to fly to Colorado for a ski trip when I really have to have the white stuff all around. I don't need that too often though. This winter I may opt for something more esoteric like Taos New Mexico or Durango Co. I'm in a mood for some scenery.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 11:47 AM
83 degrees here now, tonight it will cool down to around 70 or so. Not bad overall. Tomorrow I'm going to the beach. Going to go hiking the shoreline early in the morning.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 11:42 AM
Hasn't been any snow here in years. they god some a couple hundred miles from here for one day a few years ago. Besides that none for decades.

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 11:30 AM
So does this mean you support Ahmadinejad and his brand of government instead?

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 11:28 AM
It's hot and sunny here. Want to come try it out?

no photo
Wed 10/03/07 11:27 AM
I have no shortage of compassion here. I think the woman was mistreated and neglected. I still don't think that had anything to do with the patriot act. It had everything to do with airport security precautions, because she was behaving erratically, irrationally, out of control.

It is the responsibility of security to protect people from others who are acting in some irrational manner. That does not relieve the security department of responsibility for the reasonable treatment of the woman though. Leaving a woman with signs of mental instability unsupervised and restrained seems inexcusable to me. I would expect it to put someone already mentally unstable, over the edge.

Fanta, that was insensitive. Where do you get off? You want to speculate about a woman's last thoughts when she was choking to death, trapped in a room by herself by making some joke out of it? What kind of person are you? And put on some damn pants, nobody here wants to look at your picture that way.

no photo
Tue 10/02/07 11:19 AM
I'm good looking and respectful. But then I'm really hard to get. Oh well.

no photo
Tue 10/02/07 10:17 AM
Bl8, I meant the comment seemed odd, not that you seemed odd.

Fury, I find your response particularly disturbing.

Bl8, I agree with your response quite remarkably, right down the line of comments from the start to the end. Well said.

Now if CNN would keep this in mind when promoting "God's Warriors".

no photo
Mon 10/01/07 04:38 PM
I think of my ex every time I talk on the phone to any woman who is hysterical and won't take yes for an answer. If silent was my ex I'd call her every day though. Its those eyes.

no photo
Mon 10/01/07 01:47 PM
I think it has long been a matter for airport security to detain anyone who runs insanely through the concourse yelling and screaming, since way before 911.

I think the woman probably didn't need to wear handcuffs while locked in a room though. And I don't think they should have abandoned here if she showed signs of insanity, or even mental instability, which she clearly did. So I would consider the airport people negligent, for sure.

no photo
Mon 10/01/07 01:43 PM
Yikes, if I had to work for that I'd just go on the dole.
I do highly technical, engineering related stuff, but I can't tell you the rest.

no photo
Mon 10/01/07 11:06 AM
I don't think this has anything to do with the patriot act.

no photo
Sun 09/30/07 07:10 PM
Christians look down on others? I never would have thought. How horrible.

Damnitscloudy, that is exactly what Amanpour did, write off islamic terrorists based on the fact that some Christians are bad. I don't think you can excuse the one by the other. Certainly there is a balance problem there. Furthermore, the Christians teach tolerance and love, while the Islam seems to be in many cases, in increasingly large numbers, teaching intolerance and hate. How in the hell can that be a religion?

Yes I think not everyone in Islam is crazy. I think that programs like this can help to promote the extremist view though. People are born to their religion, and they are taught as children and as they grow to believe certain things. You can't blame everyone who is born to a religion or claim they are all bad. But the fundamentals of Islam are horrid. The more devout you become, the more evil as well, it seems. Does this seem true for Christianity as well? For Buddhism?

CNN has a propensity for spreading helpful rhetoric around the world. This is not the only case, but at least for this report, I think they certainly were glorifying the extremist agenda and excusing it.

Bl8, how exactly do you mean Christianity can afford it? Do you mean they are so good that everyone knows better, so its ok to run them down? Or do you mean that they are so evil that nobody would care when they are criticized, since everyone knows they are so bad already? Christianity can afford it? Seems an odd comment to me.

no photo
Sun 09/30/07 11:28 AM
No Adj, I do not have a link. The report was a television presentation last night. It lasted an hour and went into great detail about how the extremists believed they were following God's word.

Actually they were following Mohammed's word, which might have questionable value in my evaluation. For this reason I think the report ill-advised.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25