Community > Posts By > avamari2

avamari2's photo
Sun 01/18/15 02:59 AM

http://deadstate.org/christian-pastor-offers-atheists-100000-to-prove-god-doesnt-exist-atheist-proves-pastor-is-dumb/

Christian pastor offers atheists $100,000 to prove God doesn't exist, atheist proves pastor is dumblaugh

I just did a standing ovation in my apartment. Strange looks from the offspring...

This was fantastic.

avamari2's photo
Sun 01/18/15 02:22 AM

Why do women like women?
Cos they can tickle a pickle, better than any guy, according to my mate who's a lesbian! bigsmile

I believe it... still, they're missing critical equipment to really get the job done...

avamari2's photo
Sun 01/18/15 02:15 AM
I don't think it does much good to villainize (sp?) a trait that is largely instinctual. We are, as humans, animals. In our history, women tended the children, men hunted. Without men, we sacrificed shelter/protection, food, etc. Without women, men couldn't procreate. So a twinge of 'possessiveness,' while not likely to conjure up pleasant perspectives in current times, is understandable.

Thankfully, we've evolved intellectually enough to be able to recognize it as irrational and not *act* on those feelings.

avamari2's photo
Sun 01/18/15 02:07 AM
Loving this thread, you guys! I dig a guy who can get down with some physics.

I've met more judgmental, bigoted 'Christians', than Atheists. I'm cool with people having faith and believing whatever they want... but... Don't be an *******. If there is a god, pretty sure he/she wouldn't be cool with that.

Outside of that, it would be really cool if the religious side could get super familiar with logical fallacies before wanting to embark on a debate.

Alright now... please continue. I'm enjoying the discussion. Mostly. :-)

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 09:40 PM
They bothh need psych evals... in fact, can we just go ahead and make that a mandatory requirement for marriage and procreation.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 08:28 PM

well, in four or five years, I would say she is an adult,, but the law would call her one now,,,,

btw, I doubt she knows what she is saying, as I still don't think there is an incest agenda that has won their civil rights,,,

Facebook
Twitter
livefyre
Email

Print

A teenager has revealed in an interview that she plans to marry her father and have children after dating for two years.

The unnamed 18-year-old revealed in an interview with New York Magazine her romantic relationship of almost two years with her biological father after being estranged from him for 12 years.

In the interview, the girl also said the two also plan on having children.

The teenager said her father reached out to her on Facebook when she was in high school and soon after, she went to stay with him for a week.

After the week together, the 18-year-old said they had sex and then started dating.

"Everyone on my mom’s side of the family sees us as father and daughter," she told the magazine. "Those who know that he’s my dad, and that we are engaged, include my father’s parents (they can see we are happy together and they can’t wait for us to have babies — they treat us just like any other couple), the woman we live with, and my best friend."

After the wedding, the woman says they plan to move to New Jersey where adult incest is legal.

I'm HIGHLY suspicious of this, based on a few red flags... do you have a citation for this? Where was this article printed?

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 08:16 PM

I'm seeing a pattern here... It looks like circles... offtopic bigsmile

are circles bad?
Only if you're walking in them drunk? bigsmile

Wat choo talkin bout, foo!? *hic*
You sound like MR T when you're drunk? Have to see that? laugh laugh

Haha, I'll have to get drunk first!

Ladies don't get drunk. They get tipsy.

Well... i'd say I've far exceeded the 'tipsy' label more than a few times.

Tipsy is a cute word, i wasn't in a cute way...

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 07:02 PM
I think women are more open with their sexuality and place a few less restrictions on perceived 'rules'.

It's a guess... personally, I like men as far as sex goes, but like most women, we can also legitimately appreciate the beauty of a woman.

I guess i really am turning into my mother... she sculpts nude women. For as long as i can remember, its been her favorite form... maybe growing up with that gave me a more liberal perspective- but my taste for SEX is all for the boys.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 06:36 PM
Sure. Give it your best shot.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 06:24 PM
Lol... well, "that trip" is still a long ways out. I have an obligation for work to be here at least a year. I'm only in month 3.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 06:22 PM
To a degree, I think it is. But if you can't control it and start acting crazy, it becomes a problem. I've been in serious relationships where i felt a little twinge of jealousy when i see him with another girl, but ultimately, i trusted him, so i brushed it off and let it go.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 06:09 PM
...perhaps... but the gulf... i mean... :-/

It ain't my Pacific ocean... but the little time I have spent in Texas, I liked it. Still, it's not exactly "on the way..."

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 05:47 PM
Lol... on my way to Cali...

The only place I'm stopping (if i stop) enroute to my beach, is another beach... a la Hawaii or Japan.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 05:39 PM

I have a weird tendency toward the Irish dudes. Not sure what those guys have that I find so appealing-- Ok, I do. They're super laid back, always up for a good time, and rarely very insecure about much of anything... I always (and not intentionally) find them. Bonus: They are so pale, they make my half-Mexican olive skin (that's rather fair considering the genetics I come from), look SUUUUPER tan by comparison, so I get to feel all ethnic by comparison-- without the risk of skin cancer! Win!

Maybe because I hang out in pubs. I hate clubs. I don't need any sweaty strangers within mere inches from my face. Eff that. Get me in a pub with some live music, good beer on tap, and great friends, and I'm happy.

Anyone else notice unintentional patterns in their dating history?

i guess Tim hasn't seen this post yet... luck of the Irish, huh...

welcome to mingle flowerforyou
I'm actually Scottish Moe, but half my family are Irish mate! :smile: drinker

don't you both hate England? lol
Does Pinnocchio have wooden balls? laugh laugh That's in the past though Moe

at least you have mel gibson on your side...

But is having Mr. Gibson on your side really a positive thing?? Hmmm... he got a bit crazy there a few years ago.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 04:45 PM
Hello-

New here and just trying to meet people. "HOME" is actually Belmont Shore, in Long Beach, CA. Eventually, I'm going back there. It's the only place I've been daydreaming about during these chilly South Korean winter days.

Just ended a nearly 6 year, on-again/off-again relationship that was horribly draining and the control he was trying to impose (which, I suppose he attained there for a while). Just looking to build a network of people to chat with every so often. Sometimes being a single mother/expat can be a little lonely.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 04:39 PM
I have a weird tendency toward the Irish dudes. Not sure what those guys have that I find so appealing-- Ok, I do. They're super laid back, always up for a good time, and rarely very insecure about much of anything... I always (and not intentionally) find them. Bonus: They are so pale, they make my half-Mexican olive skin (that's rather fair considering the genetics I come from), look SUUUUPER tan by comparison, so I get to feel all ethnic by comparison-- without the risk of skin cancer! Win!

Maybe because I hang out in pubs. I hate clubs. I don't need any sweaty strangers within mere inches from my face. Eff that. Get me in a pub with some live music, good beer on tap, and great friends, and I'm happy.

Anyone else notice unintentional patterns in their dating history?

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 04:27 PM
I think as we age, these things change. A lot.

I used to seek out the 10s. The really good-looking men. I'd go so far as to approach them, and I think they dug the courage. I spent time with very attractive men, and a lot of them were lacking in the brain department.

Sex was amazing though... not always entirely fulfilling, however.

So, now in my thirties, with a kid, and a career, (and post 13 cumulative years committed to horrible exes), I look for things outside of the physical. Short men are cool. AS LONG AS they don't have any insecurity with it, I won't. But many insecurities are not attractive... not just 'little man syndrome.'

Above all else, he has to have integrity. Toward me, and with himself. Know your shortcomings, and have a plan to address them. Be confident although always remain humble and open to new perspectives/experiences.

You'd be surprised how difficult these qualities are to find. But it's easy to spot when they're lacking. Which is when I walk.

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 04:13 PM

Doesn't matter why.

The word, "no.", is pretty useful.

No as in......?

But im still wondering why shes doing it. Is it boredom?
Why do women do that in such a situation

People. Why do People do that. It's not a women issue. I finally gave up on a similar situation. I loved him dearly, but he would periodically go silent. wouldn't talk to me for weeks and then dump me, for reasons I couldn't understand. The confusion of our on-again, off-again relationship was torture. Nearly over him from our last break up, he pulled me back in during the fall of last year, just before I moved overseas. By new years, he was ignoring me again.

I gave up. It is not appropriate for me to feel like I have to be confused and just 'handle' the way he treats me. It's finally over, and after being depressed most of the day yesterday, I'm actually feeling pretty free today. I feel ok... optimistic, even.

Let go of the bad relationship. You'll find someone better. Hopefully you won't waste as long as I did with the wrong one (almost 13 years between two bad relationships).

avamari2's photo
Sat 01/17/15 03:46 AM
I'm an American living in Seoul, and while I can't say that I'm well-traveled (yet) so far, some of my colleagues have really done their part in encouraging the negative stereotype. A female I work with got upset out in the city because no one spoke English. We're in Korea- they don't have to speak our language- it's our job as foreigners to try and do our best with THEIR language.

There's a joke I heard once that sort of makes light of this:

What do you call someone who speaks more three languages? Trilingual. What do you call someone who speaks two languages? Bilingual. What do you call someone who speaks one language? American.

Sooooo true.

1 2 4 Next