Community > Posts By > avamari2

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 06:11 PM
Balance. No fun being on either end of imbalance. Love more than your partner= hightened (and often unmet) expectations.

Partner loves more = potential for feeling smothered...

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 06:07 PM
There are plenty of "why are you here" posts. I was posing a question simply because I do not understand the draw... I get the business aspect and why Mingle wants them (revenue... just like any business).

Also, I don't buy "they have the same opportunities." But that was one of the premises of my question- and I think there was good discussion. It's a belief/opinion and I asked to shed light on that. People did=win. I can say that I understand a little better, despite the ensuing drama...

calm.down.

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 05:54 PM

I just jump in and see what happens, but this tactic has failed me a few times now and it's not a nice feeling. It's kind of a curse being extraordinarily handsome because one look in the mirror is all it takes to reassure you, so you don't feel the need to prepare properly. Here's an example of some of the mistakes I've made: I often turn up not knowing where we're going to go, and this makes me look indecisive. Another thing... uncomfortable silences. It's important to keep them talking. When they start playing on their phone it's not a good sign haha!

Best.post.ever.

This isn't real, right? You are seriously not this horrible...

Aaaaand reason 562855 why I judge 'hot' guys. And the sex usually isn't all that great, anyways. They're too busy preening.

Get over yourself and come back down to Earth.

Even if you are that attractive, it means you won a genetic lottery. Nothing more. Eventually, you'll get pruny and have to rely on a little pill to get things working, and you will STILL have a terrible personality.

Good luck with that.

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 03:49 PM
Are people that bothered about the word "kid" vs "adult"?

Huh. Ok... I really think that we could get over that part and answer the actual question posed... which somewhere through all the emotional responses, there is a semblance of an actual conversation...

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 03:43 PM
If I see someone I'm interested, I approach. I don't concern myself with this idea of what league we're each from...

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:51 AM

I always respond, even if I'm not interested, just as a courtesy.

That's really super nice of you. I don't have the time for that... and if all they say is "hey sexy," or proposition me, quite frankly, they don't deserve the courtesy.

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:48 AM

i was just being sarcastic cuz i find oldies here on this site hate on us (teenagers) so much as if we are their enemies bigsmile
anyhow what i meant is that like normally a stable family should be (mother, father, kids) right?? i want to have that good family at a younger age so that there will be no BIG age difference between me and my kids thts my point.

'cause,"Youth Is Wasted On The Young"!

George Bernard Shaw

:laughing: pitchfork

How did I miss that gem!?!

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:33 AM
1. Shirtless bathroom selfie.
2. No photo.

(That actually covers about 70% of you)

3. You're under 28 years old.
4. You want kids.
5. You can't put together a coherent sentence.
6. You ask to call/skype me on your first email.
7. You ask to live with me/marry me on the first email.
8. You try to start a conversation with the words "hey sexy." (Bonus: you use the word "beautiful", but misspell it).
9. You send four identical messages in the span of 5 hours.

FINALLY,
10. You email, we chat, and I stop responding because all the douchebags guilty of 1-9 pushed you most recent email back 3 pages.

Also, I'm busy and forgetful... so that's a factor.

Add your own- why would you not respond?

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:19 AM
Always be you. Never change for anyone. You'll find her. Patience...

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:16 AM

With you or with somebody else?

Haha!! (Oops!)

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:14 AM

Ouch Medo! Was that necessary?

Karma's a b*tch, ya know. Be nice.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be dating. You TOTALLY SHOULD! Have a blast with it!! But... I guess I associate dating sites with people looking for a long-term, serious relationship in situations where it may not be convenient/ideal.

So, maybe I'm wrong, but you being so quick-to-temper isn't really going to help your cause, is it?

there you go, finally spilled the beans. "long term?" hmm I cant say I am at that stage esp age in my life to be settling down anytime soon, got waaay to much to look forward too in life.

though dating sites are for "long term" (I say this all in a non-temper way)I may just have to respectfully disagree with you on that.

Long-term, because it seems like an awfully huge amount of effort to go on what may amount to only one or two dates. Have you met anyone from here yet? How long did you chat before you met? What interested you in wanting to initially talk, and then enough so to meet?

oh wow so many questions...ill rephrase back to what I wrote about seeking for what we cant find in our everyday life.

I myself have JUST started taking this sort of "social" up, come here with no goal in finding "the one" but came with a wide open mind to the possibilities of ever finding someone.

The questions may help you understand where I'm at with this. Seems like a lot of effort for maybe not very fruitful reward. Also, seems dangerous... or maybe I'm paranoid, although this would be the first time anyone has called me paranoid...

The mentality you have about keeping an open mind and seeking possibilities is ALWAYS a good perspective. I wholeheartedly give you the best of luck.

:-)

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:09 AM
Oohh... I think this is what is referred to as a "humblebrag."

I've never seen one in the wild.... shhhh lets watch. I want to see if anyone takes the bait.

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:04 AM

Julie, I suppose it really just is a"sign of the times". When I was your age

(Pause-- DID I JUST SAY THAT?!?)

ahem... it USED to be that these type of sites were pretty taboo unless you were older. But then, we had AOL chatrooms... which while not so overt, could be argued to have had the same overall purpose...

Anyways, I appreciate your input ma dear (I guess I'll just own the 'old woman' image)!

your topic really sparked an interest in me to get involve (don't as why) no harm was done, this was simply a very interesting thing cause I do wonder myself why I am on sites like this but I have yet more to discover and learn and I hope the choices I make leads me there.

no ones throwing the "old lady" lab3l no one likes to be labelled so I don't think your being one.

Thanks, but I was being fecetious... (tough crowd). I truly don't feel old, and offending me is one of the most challenging things a person could even attempt. I'm never mad.

Fired up, perhaps... never mad, and certainly never offended.

I believe one thing: no one makes you feel any way. You allow yourself to feel it or not. Never give anyone so much power.

why would u even get offended if someone tells you that ur old?? well i would love to be called old once bigsmile plus i neither get offended if am called young i dont really care about age but when u started the thread with mentioning ages ( 18, 19, 20) i had to do it so

Young is a relative term. Young to my grandmother is still my mother's age. So... I listed ages just for the sake of clarity as to what "young" referred to in this context.

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 04:03 AM

Ouch Medo! Was that necessary?

Karma's a b*tch, ya know. Be nice.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be dating. You TOTALLY SHOULD! Have a blast with it!! But... I guess I associate dating sites with people looking for a long-term, serious relationship in situations where it may not be convenient/ideal.

So, maybe I'm wrong, but you being so quick-to-temper isn't really going to help your cause, is it?

there you go, finally spilled the beans. "long term?" hmm I cant say I am at that stage esp age in my life to be settling down anytime soon, got waaay to much to look forward too in life.

though dating sites are for "long term" (I say this all in a non-temper way)I may just have to respectfully disagree with you on that.

Long-term, because it seems like an awfully huge amount of effort to go on what may amount to only one or two dates. Have you met anyone from here yet? How long did you chat before you met? What interested you in wanting to initially talk, and then enough so to meet?

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 03:56 AM

ahem... it USED to be that these type of sites were pretty taboo unless you were older. But then, we had AOL chatrooms... which while not so overt, could be argued to have had the same overall purpose...

Anyways, I appreciate your input ma dear (I guess I'll just own the 'old woman' image)!

your topic really sparked an interest in me to get involve (don't as why) no harm was done, this was simply a very interesting thing cause I do wonder myself why I am on sites like this but I have yet more to discover and learn and I hope the choices I make leads me there.

no ones throwing the "old lady" lab3l no one likes to be labelled so I don't think your being one.

Thanks, but I was being fecetious... (tough crowd). I truly don't feel old, and offending me is one of the most challenging things a person could even attempt. I'm never mad.

Fired up, perhaps... never mad, and certainly never offended.

I believe one thing: no one makes you feel any way. You allow yourself to feel it or not. Never give anyone so much power.

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 03:53 AM

well every rule has exceptions as u see there are some kids who are 9 or 10 years old and smarter than people at 30's and 40's
well am one of the exceptions :tongue: shades

Its not a matter of intelligence... I'm plenty intelligent, always have been, but the logic behind the research most certainly holds up. "Intellect" is not a one-dimensional process. It's impossible to compare smart people, or say that one person (of any age) is smarter than another (of older , or younger) age.

And nothing about this thread had any mention of intelligence. That's all you.

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 03:49 AM
Never said I was old. I was playing off the vibe from our young male friend "Medo".

Come to think of it... he should check out the link. His quick temper (emotion) instead of legit sound reasoning, sort of exhibit exactly the thing I'm talking about...

Thanks friend!

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 03:47 AM
Looking for a better source, but this one sums it up:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/teenage-brain1.htm

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 03:43 AM
I was using the more literal sense of development. I think it was 25-ish (don't quote me) that is the age when your decision-making part of the brain is fully 'wrinkled' lol. Scientists/doctors agree that until then, a person has not reached the full capacity to make decisions that adequately weigh all factors.

Maybe pre-frontal cortex.... brb. "Google is thy friend!"

avamari2's photo
Tue 01/27/15 03:39 AM

Previous 1 3 4