Community > Posts By > BigSky1970

BigSky1970's photo
Mon 09/15/14 10:34 AM
The Nobel Peace Prize winner wants to start a war. A war to continue all other wars. Obama won't rub ISIS out. That won't happen in any of our lifetimes.

BigSky1970's photo
Mon 09/15/14 08:36 AM
I can tell by your profile picture you're Asian.

BigSky1970's photo
Mon 09/15/14 08:27 AM
While I have a favorite team, I enjoy football in general. Every Sunday I have the NFL Redzone on the TV. For me, sports in general is an oasis and an escape. I could care less about the off field antics of the players.

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 11/04/10 06:35 PM

In this modern technological age, I must be the only living human totally lacking in cellular phone capabilities.

I've never owned a cell phone. :)

See now I got rid of my land line phone like 6 years ago due to we all have cell phones...whoa

My brother did that several years ago. Dumped his cable, ditched his land line phone and now he just uses his Verizon cell phone with his Verizon internet, and he calls his cell phone his "home phone".

BigSky1970's photo
Thu 11/04/10 06:26 PM

In this modern technological age, I must be the only living human totally lacking in cellular phone capabilities.

I've never owned a cell phone. :)

BigSky1970's photo
Sat 03/14/09 04:58 PM
Get cable or DSL, you can still use your AOL e-mail address.

BigSky1970's photo
Sat 03/14/09 04:54 PM

Here is why this is funny.

Republican's have been howling about poor people reproducing and being a burden on society for many many years. So, who ever said in an earlier post that we wouldn't make these comments if she was a mother from the ghetto you are wrong. Republicans have been making those comments in politically acceptable but none the less easily understood code terms and not so code terms for some time.

They've wagged their judgmental fingers and refused to fund sex education programs. They talked sternly about how the public shouldn't have to support immoral behavior...yet when it happen in their own back yard it suddenly becomes a private matter?

Then worse it is used and spined and almost celebrated when republican delegates are interviewed on the convention floor talking about the kids up-right moral plans to marry? Real life they say...mistakes happen but they are doing the right thing.

The campaign made it not a private matter when they trotted that poor girl and Levi out on the stage. Shame on them...but once that door was opened by the campaign it was no longer a private matter.

Gov. Palin's belief in the just say no abstinence only approach is flawed. It doesn't work! Not even in her own house.

She made a big point of saying at the convention that they were getting married. Then republicans chirped about an unwed teen pregnancy being a private matter. Private my a$$ she used that kid as a political tool as much or more than anyone in the media or anyone who pointed out the abstinence only hypocrisy of her position.

She and the party used that kid. Except she wasn't just using her child and her off spring she was using Levi too. All to salvage some pro family, pro life political points. Shame on Sarah....that's why she is still in this conversation.

Here's what's really funny, I often find you painting with a broad brush with no hard evidence to support your accusations.

BigSky1970's photo
Sat 03/14/09 04:52 PM

I think it's kinda sad to take so much delight in gloating over someone's problems and misfortunes
:smile: Isnt that what the "family values" people do?:smile:

Nope.

BigSky1970's photo
Sat 03/14/09 01:28 PM
No, they're probably enjoying life on the other side.

BigSky1970's photo
Sat 03/14/09 12:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TZyqMD5ncw

James Brown "Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine, Pt. 1"

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:43 PM
Edited by BigSky1970 on Fri 03/13/09 11:45 PM
It was written for the movie. The song performed by Oingo Boingo appeared on the Weird Science soundtrack and Oingo Boingo's 1985 album "Dead Man's Party".

Dead Man's Party was performed on the movie Back To School with Rodney Dangerfield. Oingo Boingo performed at the party in that movie.

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:38 PM
Lick It Up BTS

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:30 PM
Summer of '69 between the sheets

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 11:22 PM
Yahoo! IM about 8 years ago and I've "struck out" on various online dating services for the last 12 years.

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 04:53 PM
Journey "Don't Stop Believing" (Greatest Hits Live Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1zsUIosoA

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 04:48 PM
Patty Smyth and Scandal with a cover of Tom Waits' song "Downtown Train" released in 1987.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TmV96_CTMg

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 04:44 PM
Pat Benatar "Fire and Ice"

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 01:04 PM

I think it is good that they are addressing this problem. The states that defy the rules will have to do without the federal funding that they would get otherwise. They will just tax their residents a little bit more to compensate for the denied funding.

how about the states just stop sending tax receipts to the federal treasury?? that knife cuts both ways..

The list did not list all weapons so it is not defying the second amendment.

The second ammendement recognizes a basic human right, that to the means to defend oneself, as the first recognizes a basic human right, that to express oneself in whatever way he should choose.

The 2A doesn't "grant" us the right.. it PROHIBITS the infringement of the right..

hoepfully it never happens, but if the day should come when someone comes kicking in the door when the power's out, the land line is dead and the cell phone "has no bars", maybe then a shotgun in the house would have been handy.

hopefullly learning that lesson won't cost someone their life or some little girl her innocence.

Right. Criminals aren't going to follow the laws or silly guns lists, that's why they're called criminals. The more guns that are prohibited by LAW ABIDING citizens to own, the more criminals are going to know that the next house they bust in to will be unarmed.

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:57 PM

Any gun that shows up on a ban list is a defiance of the Second Amendment. Voting and driving are privileges. Owning a gun and speaking out about it are rights.

There is no list of what guns can be owned by the second amendment so if he leaves them with pop guns then that is following the second amendment.

I stand by my statement. This list just demonstrates that Obama's government has grown since the last government.

BigSky1970's photo
Fri 03/13/09 12:53 PM