Community > Posts By > DadCat

DadCat's photo
Mon 03/02/15 12:16 AM

^^^ are guys freaking crazy.....her post was posted over 2 weeks ago.....
she only posted once.....and has never been back......
Dont hold your breath while you wait for a reply.....

I come back each night to get a good laugh before bedtime. This is freaking hilarious. and for most of them it's the first and only posts. Ahhh.....
whatever you call them newbies...AOL'ers...crazy...Me Toos...they are so much fun to watch.

G'day mate. Enjoy Monday.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/01/15 08:43 PM
Finding the USB plugin for my child's headphones.

Yes, it became that important.

Maybe I should be posting this in the parent talk forum...Another parent would understand.

Nice photo Mekay. Looks cool.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/01/15 06:12 PM
Well as you can see in my profile photo I am busy preparing for the SF Chinese New Years Parade next Saturday. We had practice today and will again next Friday.

It is the exciting conclusion of a lot of work and effort since last October.

I will be playing a small part in the parade as a beggar. Here is the website for the performing arts group.

http://www.sfcpap.org/

The have drums, ribbon dancers, fan dancers, lion dancers, and stilts. My child performs on stilts wearing a nobleman costume.

Here's a video taken by a parent last year. I appear as a beggar at about 2:30. As you can see I enjoy the crowds (all 500,000+ of them!),

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alVBDXDxANg

Sorry to my friends residing in the dark countries of our world that block access to YouTube.

May everyone live long and prosper in the coming year.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sun 03/01/15 04:59 PM
Edited by DadCat on Sun 03/01/15 04:59 PM

Depends what the questions are? If I'm comfortable answering them then it's fine, but if they really start getting too personal, I want to know why they're asking me those questions straight away?

This is exactly what I was thinking. I had a date the other night that did that to me and I was very curious as to why he was drilling me with personal questions. That was the last date with him!

Kind of hard to get to know someone if you don't ask questions...

And too many questions are a red flag..
I guess,I get uncomfortable answering a lot of questions
Nor would I feel comfortable ,invading someone's privacy.

What each of you should realize from your own words is that there is a subjective line between invasive and curious. OLD is a place of many risks and we should be asking important questions to be sure we are safe.

Hm..I always thought if she isn't asking lots of questions, she is not all that interested.
Course not too personal questions, just general ones.

I have an agreement with these words as a genuine interest in someone does entail conversation. And a conversations naturally leads to questions. Again, there is a subjective 'line' being drawn that is your choice and may not be something the other partner is understanding.

My Etiquette:

I believe if you are asked a question which is inappropriate for you it means you have not developed enough trust with the other person. I believe trust is the basis for any relationship (parent, child, lover, etc.).

You should be able to politely tell the inquisitor that you are not ready to answer a particular question. If there is persistence, then yes, that is a red flag and you should tell them it is not acceptable. I presume that if you have progressed to a face to face meeting on Skype or in person, you have developed a level of trust, right?

I do this politely to anyone sending me a request to join them on Skype or send them email directly. I will not necessarily presume they are looking to scam me. If they continue to exchange letters through mingle, then I have found someone display a level of respect worthy of my continued attention and correspondence.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 10:51 PM
My child brought this to my attention yesterday. We had a chance to discuss the science behind the perception of color. Thank you Mikey for the clip. That really brought home our discussion.

I showed this thread to them and they were so impressed with John's 'What color is it Now' photo it is now circulating among their peers.

Thanks John.laugh

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 09:58 PM
Edited by DadCat on Sat 02/28/15 10:00 PM

do you want me to post the entire article or just the web address?

The URL would be sufficient.

So far I find the article interesting. I believe I have been much more cautious with my child being alone at home than my parents were with me.

It has been very difficult to provide the necessary and appropriate supervision. I am and have been the only real caregiver for my child for most of their life regardless of which household the child lived.

I believe that there are age appropriate circumstances where the child is alone without supervision that must be part of the rearing process. Otherwise, how would our children develop self-sufficiency?

I also spent time supporting my parents business because I didn't want to be home all the time with my siblings. 8 was enough!

bye now..

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 09:47 PM
Relationships grow with time and patience.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 08:27 PM

Yes, I do. It was not long ago.

I did feel invisible but it didn't last long.

Many of you here paved the way for me to join your discussions.

I also spent a lot of time reading past posts and viewing profiles to know who you are and where you were coning from. I am still learning.

I guess it comes down to the company you keep. I chose wisely here.

Thank you for making me feel welcome.:heart:

bye now..

... welcome ... :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:heart:

You're welcome. Love the Calvin and Hobbes. I love hugs. (((Pansytilly)))

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 06:50 PM
I have a huge interest in astronomy.

I couple that with my interest in photography to capture celestial events.

As you see on my profile, I have captured the solar eclipse from October 23, 2014.

Would anyone else care to share their experiences?

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 06:40 PM
Yes, I do. It was not long ago.

I did feel invisible but it didn't last long.

Many of you here paved the way for me to join your discussions.

I also spent a lot of time reading past posts and viewing profiles to know who you are and where you were coning from. I am still learning.

I guess it comes down to the company you keep. I chose wisely here.

Thank you for making me feel welcome.:heart:

bye now..

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 04:08 PM

I Don't Understand Why People Don't Take Time To Read A Person's Profile. They Just Look At The Pictures.

I do both. It is necessary for creating understanding. I put a lot of effort into my profile and photos as well.

And for safety. I just received a connection from someone using Meagan Good's photo. Google photo search is a very useful tool.

Read the profiles? Sometimes they don't ever read the replies to the messages you were sent. I cannot understand how someone asks me a question that I had already answered in a previous message.

I find the mail reader is quite difficult to use. Subtle answers are easily lost. Scrolling is poor.

Ultimately we are substituting written words for the spoken and good communication with someone you wish to relate intimately with is challenging this way. I will always prefer a facial conversation.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 03:54 PM
Edited by DadCat on Sat 02/28/15 03:55 PM
I believe the courage to face our fear. Many of the posts here are in that vein.

To Yellowrose10:

I taught my son since he was young, I might not like the truth but I will respect that you had the courage to tell the truth.

I teach my child "D.A.R.E to Think for Yourself"

It's sarcastic twist on the D.A.R.E. program from Nancy Reagan.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 03:18 PM
The appearance of my pregnant woman is one of deep attraction for me. There are many physical attribute to the woman's body during pregnancy that create a sense of wonder and awe. Yes I find a sensuality in the appearance of a pregnant woman especially if she is carrying our child. It is an experience I relished and would enjoy again if the possibility presents itself.

It is also the idea that we have been part of the creation of a new life. I found it an especially wonderful experience because I see my child as the product of the love I have for his mother.

To explain my love for the mother:

I will not regret the fact that we had a loving relationship and that the beautiful child I have in my life is the result of that love. To dismiss my love for the mother is to dismiss the love of our child. If you are an enlightened parent, you will understand this. If not, you may be threatened by this.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Sat 02/28/15 02:39 AM

no woman, no crime...just singin..:smile:

My fear is my only courage
So I've got to push on thru
Oh, while I'm gone

DadCat's photo
Fri 02/27/15 10:33 PM
better. fear has passed.

happy. she finally sent me a picture.

sad. she probably won't ever be possible.

excited. 1 week to the parade!

interested. she replied.

safe. the wind is howling but the bed is warm.

satisfied. dinner was good.

hungry. the mint Oreos are calling me back home.

tired. was up late reading Mikey and Mekay's Relationship Room #1

inspired. was up late reading Mikey and Mekay's Relationship Room #1

curious. unsolicited views of my profile.

loved. he gave me another hug.

community. new friends I met on the forums.

humble. i am not alone in my feelings.

done. bye now...

DadCat's photo
Fri 02/27/15 09:26 PM

thank you...this story will flows forever hope you can cope up...hehe. .joke . Thank you. .drinker

I've only seen part 5. I will be looking for the rest.

May you feel better soon Mekay.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Fri 02/27/15 01:57 AM
Edited by DadCat on Fri 02/27/15 02:00 AM

Jeez ! this girl is a newbies magnet !

Here we go again.....

This is the most laughter laugh I've had since joining m2 looking at this thread grow and grow.

I may date myself but this reminds me of the old Usenet days just after AOL started.

Someone would post a thread asking that anyone who wanted a naked picture of Madonna to post a message. All the newbies (AOL! we called 'em) would start the 'Me Too' responses.

Ahh. Many thanks to all the newbies here for a good 1980's laugh.

I guess today I would say lmao!

bye now...

ref: www.catb.org/jargon/html/A/AOL-.html

DadCat's photo
Thu 02/26/15 09:38 PM
My Best Wishes to you Mekay and Mike.

A pleasure to read your :heart: stories.

I look forward to hearing more about your continuing happiness.

bye now...

DadCat's photo
Thu 02/26/15 09:03 PM

...Cougar searching can be a bit tricky cause most cougars have been around the race track a few times...It takes a slow hand and a subtle approach...Know what I mean?

Aww... You're already giving him pointers:smile:

DadCat's photo
Thu 02/26/15 08:48 PM
Cool stuff sparks. This would give kids nightmares.

Where do you find this?

Welcome back (((Storm))). I missed you even if we never met.

bye now..