To each their own

brobri's photo
Mon 03/23/15 10:05 PM

I feel good - James Brown

HEEEEYYYYYYAH!!!

brobri's photo
Mon 03/23/15 03:44 PM
Edited by brobri on Mon 03/23/15 03:55 PM

Techie geeks, I need technical advice. I have the old system windows xp. The green on screen display for sound settings disappeared. When I would lower or raise my volume, it would show up on the screen. How do I get that back?

I wouldn't give up on it just yet, but a tech shop can probably load Win7 on it for under $200 if the computer is strong enough for it (spec speaking). If you go this route, remember to either back up your files before bringing it to them, or ask them to backup & restore all of your files for you, and any old programs that'll work on the Win7 as well.

In the meantime, if the only thing wrong with it is the sound settings, try this link:
How to Recover the Volume or Sound Icon to Your Windows Taskbar

*Edit: According to the instructions from the link provided, there will be 2 checkboxes, one for "Mute", and one for "Place volume icon in the taskbar".
Make sure that the Mute is unchecked, and the other one for placing the volume icon in the taskbar is checked.

brobri's photo
Mon 03/23/15 03:07 PM

Fatty Boom Boom - Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord puts out some cool vids, for sure. I've been semi watching them for about 5 years.

Meanwhile in the metal scene, Melechesh continues to gain steam. Originally from Israel, the government (law enforcement) gave Melechesh band members such a hard time that they eventually flipped flipped them the finger, and relocated to Amsterdam. They've been around for a long time. The stuff that Melechesh puts out is fanfrickentastic.

MELECHESH - Multiple Truths

brobri's photo
Mon 03/23/15 08:06 AM
Dir en grey - Obscure

brobri's photo
Mon 03/23/15 07:58 AM

My computer doesn't have specs? It's been working a lot better since I got it contact lenses though! laugh laugh laugh

A specless computer can have its advantages, eh? shades

brobri's photo
Mon 03/23/15 07:42 AM
Edited by brobri on Mon 03/23/15 07:55 AM
Currently I have 3 computers - 2 desktop, and 1 laptop built by System76 out of Denver, Colorado.

I built my main desktop, and currently the operating system running on it is LinuxMint 17 (qiana) with Mate desktop environment.
My main desktop computer specs:

Mid tower case: Performance Gaming System - Syclone 2 / Black

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Deluxe (Rev 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

Processor: Intel Core i5-2380P Sandy Bridge 3.1 GHz (3.4 Ghz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 Quad-Core

Video Card: EVGA 01G-P3-1370-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1 GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

Power Supply: Raidmax Hybrid 2 RX-730SS 730W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready Crossfire Ready

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 (PC3 10666) Model F3-10666CL9D- 16GBXL

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0GB/s

DVD Drive: Pioneer Black Internal BD/DVD/CD Writer SATA BDR-207DBKS

Monitor: Acer Gd235HZ bid 24" 3-D LCD

* Note: This isn't a gaming rig, and I'm not a gamer. More into videos, music, and the such. It's got more on it than I'll ever need probably.
For backing up files, I use a Fantom 2TB external drive.

brobri's photo
Sun 03/22/15 01:03 PM
Ello!

brobri's photo
Sun 03/22/15 12:38 PM
Not true. People will commit, men & women. It just takes a while.
People usually won't commit to strangers. Sure, it does happen sometimes, but usually not. It could take years. In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to make a few friends along the way, and get to know them a little.
You may find that "special person" here, and you might find her/him in your everyday routine outside of the cyber world. In the meantime, enjoy life, learn to love yourself, and do something good for yourself today.

I have written to a few great people here on this forum - wonderful, beautiful people. I am grateful for that. I didn't know them a few months back, and they're great people. I've also written to a few that never responded, and that's ok. They know who I am, and maybe they'll write to me at a later time. They have that right. I cannot force my wants onto another. It has to be mutual. It really does.

brobri's photo
Sun 03/22/15 11:56 AM
"Let me tell you how I feel
Loving others isn't real
You are blind
Too blind to notice
That their love is not the love we share together."

Dream Theater - Take Your fingers from my Hair - Zebra cover with lyrics

brobri's photo
Sun 03/22/15 10:30 AM
Another spin on this would be the time spent maybe.
If I'm interested in someone living in my general vicinity, I might spend a few hours with that person. Maybe lunch, a walk or something.
If I'm interested in someone, say 1000 miles away, it's probably going to be more than a lunch date - probably 3-7 days.

You know, the more I think about this long distance thing, it may be best just to book a hotel, and plan on doing the "tourist" thing at a specific location for a week or so. While there, I could meet someone for lunch or coffee. If all went well, we could meet again the following day. This is a viable option. If things weren't going smoothly as planned, the 2 involved wouldn't be stuck together for the duration of the trip, and could carry on with their trip solo. Hmmm...

I'll have to think on that one. For some reason, this thought of mine feels a little strange - doesn't quite ring to the tune of love, but more of a hook-up of sorts, and I'm not too interested in that, but it is an option with a back door in place.

brobri's photo
Sat 03/21/15 07:03 PM
Opeth - Coil

brobri's photo
Sat 03/21/15 09:35 AM
This is a question that I cannot answer with certainty. I did once meet someone online from a different area in the US, and we spent a week in Florida. Had a decent time, not fantastic, but fun.

brobri's photo
Sat 03/21/15 04:55 AM
My last gfriend was 20 years younger than I, and the last woman I dated was almost 20 years my senior. They were both fricken nuts! I've never been one to put a big importance on age really. It would be nice to click with someone who is close to my age, but sometimes things just don't work out that way. If I have a connection with someone, I have a connection with someone, and that's important for starters. Then, it's about common interests, goals, etc., and that's where deal breakers can & do happen, but I definitely would have no problem being in a relationship with someone my own age, and have been in the past.

brobri's photo
Fri 03/20/15 07:29 PM
Nevermore-Believe in Nothing

brobri's photo
Fri 03/20/15 06:56 AM
Edited by brobri on Fri 03/20/15 07:02 AM
Sentenced-Brief is the Light

brobri's photo
Fri 03/20/15 06:49 AM
Welcome, pilgims!

brobri's photo
Fri 03/20/15 05:19 AM
Hmmm.... I don't understand this. What groups? Are these certain forum categories or something? I've yet to be denied access to anything here. I must be missing something. whoa

brobri's photo
Thu 03/19/15 06:45 AM
Looks like a fair profile, JaSaSam. Are you not getting much response where you're at?

brobri's photo
Thu 03/19/15 04:48 AM
From what I can tell, you deactivate your profile.

Go to Account > Settings > De-Activate Profile.

Previous 1 3 4