Community > Posts By > JimmyTheGent

no photo
Mon 01/16/12 05:57 PM
I was raised a Dem and vote that way although there are a couple Repubs that have garnered my vote through the years. Regardless of party, the level of political whoredom is appalling(yes, 2 ps and 2 ls). Those with great resources are allowed to buy these whores and write the rules in their favor. I think they're known now as "the 1%".

no photo
Thu 01/12/12 06:06 PM
Without question.
The flush toilet.

no photo
Wed 01/11/12 04:58 PM
Cookie update:

I used the recipe on the bag as purple suggested. Wasn't too hard. First batch came out perfect. Then when I was messing with the timer, I cut the oven off by mistake. I then overcompensated and ended up burning batch 2. It probably didn't help that I was downing beers the whole time. But hey, the festive holiday spirit was alive. By the way, if you like a nice, really hoppy ale, try Loose Cannon from Clipper City Brewing. It's part of their Heavy Seas line of beers. It is outstanding.

So I got ticked off at the burnt ones and quit. I pulled out the remaining batter about a week later and tried again. Baked another sheet and a 1/2 and they were great.

I mixed everything by hand. I'm thinking that a mixer would make the process a good bit easier. The oven timer is also a good idea. Just be careful if you're drinking like I was.

Bottom line? This ain't too hard. Go for it guys. Your girls will be shocked, amazed and impressed.

no photo
Wed 12/21/11 07:31 PM
Congratulations on correct use of you're/your. Literacy is at such a premium these days.

no photo
Wed 12/21/11 07:20 PM

Sitting in the eye dr office...wait, wait,wait...
<sigh>

There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

Look who's still here!

no photo
Wed 12/21/11 07:12 PM
Ok then, I have my strategy. Pick up the CC's first when I'm in the store. Then read the bag and go get everything else. Just hope I don't forget my reading glasses. Thanks, purple.

no photo
Wed 12/21/11 06:30 PM
Never made cookies before. Or baked anything for that matter. Well I love chocolate chip cookies and thought I might try making some - in the spirit of the season. Anybody got any advice or recipes for a rookie? I'm not a total doofus in the kitchen if that's relevant.
And oh yea, I tend to drink when I cook.

no photo
Wed 12/21/11 05:33 PM
It's like that.

And that's the way it is.

no photo
Wed 12/21/11 05:24 PM
Palin, I think, bears a resemblance to Squidward. Bachmann is a bit older, but as I see it is clearly better looking. Bachmann is crazier and plays loose with the facts, but seems intelligent nonetheless. Palin is ignorant and proud of it.

One of these two as president? Lord, give me strength.

no photo
Wed 12/14/11 07:14 PM
The Last Word

no photo
Sat 12/03/11 07:48 PM
Great move! I'm jealous that I didn't think of it first.

no photo
Mon 10/31/11 11:20 AM

The best part of Obama ran down his momma's butt crack during conception.

If you want people to take you seriously, you need to refrain from making comments like this. Your credibility has taken a serious blow.

no photo
Fri 10/28/11 09:28 PM

These are NEW episodes? One of my deep, dark secrets is that yes, I watched Beavis & Butthead...and enjoyed it. The other is that I once paid money for a KC & The Sunshine Band album.

KC and the Sunshine band huh....OUCH!laugh

I'm still feelin' the pain.

no photo
Fri 10/28/11 09:12 PM
Threatened and cajoled. You must be satanic.

no photo
Fri 10/28/11 09:07 PM
These are NEW episodes? One of my deep, dark secrets is that yes, I watched Beavis & Butthead...and enjoyed it. The other is that I once paid money for a KC & The Sunshine Band album.

no photo
Fri 10/28/11 08:59 PM
Edited by JimmyTheGent on Fri 10/28/11 09:10 PM

so cardinals are world champions again! it's good to see someone else besides the yankees win...lol:

:thumbsup: Good for you. Great first topic. But I have bad news. It is going to be moved to sports forum. slaphead

Why would that be bad news? Oh my god! My post got moved! What the hell am I gonna do? I didn't mean it. PLEASE don't shoot me!

no photo
Fri 10/28/11 08:45 PM
Edited by JimmyTheGent on Fri 10/28/11 08:46 PM
Congratulations, Barack. You've finally learned that you will get Republicans to agree on NOTHING. Their agenda is to defeat you, and nothing else. What's bad for America, is good for Republicans. That's their attitude. So screw 'em. Do what you can on your own and let the voters decide in 2012.

no photo
Fri 10/28/11 08:34 PM
I just wish they would have beaten the Yankees. Having grown up with the Senators, I was rooting for the Rangers. And of course, we all hate the Yankees.

no photo
Wed 10/19/11 07:16 PM

Don't read the text...delete.

That's what I have done. Eventually they run across some other poor sucker to intrude upon.

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

He keeps it up because you respond. The solution is obvious.

no photo
Mon 10/17/11 07:12 PM

A Colorado micro brewery oatmeal stout. drinks

Name names.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25