Community > Posts By > butribu

no photo
Tue 04/05/22 03:55 PM
my little Piko got sick about 10 days ago. i saw he had mucosa coming from his nose and couldnt breath properly because of that. also he was dirty which means he cant clean himself, there was something causing dehydration at this body. Took him to the vet. The vet gave antibiotics and also some drop for the infection in his mouth. He is such a good boy, he let me give the medication to him. Vet said the drop tasted bad so he could maybe resist it, but my Piko was okay with that too. He healed in a couple of days time. Still he is on the drop. While there, the vet checked his weight as well. He is 2,5 kg. That is a miracle. He is growing, i can see it.

no photo
Tue 04/05/22 03:46 PM

It has been a very sad , emotional and spiritual day in Aotearoa . Some of the posts from the young people with toa are heart wrenching . Every time I read a beautiful post someone posts another .

In his last hour of toa’s life , Ingrid called the young volunteers who had cared for toa into the water , including Ben who had been by Toa’s side since the stranding . They wrapped their arms under and around his little body , to cradle him in the water . He died under a full moon, peacefully and surrounded by love .

I haven’t seen videos of the farewell /blessing ceremony but I imagine that will be kept private . He has been buried on private costal land owned by Ngāti Toa in a beautiful spot at the entrance to the Wellington harbour channel .

At the end of the day .., Another beautiful orca cloud was photographed in the Wellington sky and someone posted it was Toa’s spirit calling to his pod to let them know he was safe . My heart is truly aching :heart:

Have not heard from Dr ingrid yet but I am sure she will post when she feels able to .

Hi Blondey111 and Butribu, :rose:

Nature is for humans so beautiful, so calming, soothing.. but also so wild and dangerous...
In the world there are so many beautiful creatures, wild animals..
Every detail of nature has a beautiful soul..
All nature.. every tree, each of "snowflakes", each blade of grass..., every flower is for us so amazingly helpful.. and makes people feel relaxed..

Every creature has a right to live in freedom..
So many creatures lives in the oceans and on the ground...which we can see.. and feel..
So many beautiful orcas and dolphins are doomed in the aqua parks but sometimes as you told us Blondey they are suffering in freedom because of some reasons..like this beautiful small orca..

When I see that some of them are suffering my heart is truly aching...:heart:

Thank you so much for your post Nicole :heart:

Hi Butribu, :rose:

I have read in your monologue, how much you care about all animals and creatures and how huge heart you have.
It is beautiful.

Have a beautiful week!

Hi Nicole, i think my duty in this life is protecting and looking after them stray ones and all animals i see around, that is why i am born. I feel so happy when i am with them, when they are around me, by my side. I put my head on my pillow peacefully when i see them eating and making sure they are healthy, not hungry or thirsty. They are all my babies. Every each of them are so precious and i am in love with them.

Thank you for your heart warming comment, that made me really very happy. It is great to know that there are good people out there - like you - sharing the same feelings with me.

xxx

no photo
Mon 03/28/22 09:19 AM
Edited by butribu on Mon 03/28/22 09:21 AM

It has been a very sad , emotional and spiritual day in Aotearoa . Some of the posts from the young people with toa are heart wrenching . Every time I read a beautiful post someone posts another .

In his last hour of toa’s life , Ingrid called the young volunteers who had cared for toa into the water , including Ben who had been by Toa’s side since the stranding . They wrapped their arms under and around his little body , to cradle him in the water . He died under a full moon, peacefully and surrounded by love .

I haven’t seen videos of the farewell /blessing ceremony but I imagine that will be kept private . He has been buried on private costal land owned by Ngāti Toa in a beautiful spot at the entrance to the Wellington harbour channel .

At the end of the day .., Another beautiful orca cloud was photographed in the Wellington sky and someone posted it was Toa’s spirit calling to his pod to let them know he was safe . My heart is truly aching :heart:

Have not heard from Dr ingrid yet but I am sure she will post when she feels able to .

Hi Blondey111 and Butribu, :rose:

Nature is for humans so beautiful, so calming, soothing.. but also so wild and dangerous...
In the world there are so many beautiful creatures, wild animals..
Every detail of nature has a beautiful soul..
All nature.. every tree, each of "snowflakes", each blade of grass..., every flower is for us so amazingly helpful.. and makes people feel relaxed..

Every creature has a right to live in freedom..
So many creatures lives in the oceans and on the ground...which we can see.. and feel..
So many beautiful orcas and dolphins are doomed in the aqua parks but sometimes as you told us Blondey they are suffering in freedom because of some reasons..like this beautiful small orca..

When I see that some of them are suffering my heart is truly aching...:heart:

Thank you so much for your post Nicole :heart:

no photo
Sun 03/20/22 11:46 PM
Edited by butribu on Sun 03/20/22 11:47 PM
repeated

no photo
Edited by butribu on Sun 03/20/22 11:48 PM
repeated

no photo
Edited by butribu on Sun 03/20/22 11:48 PM
when i read this a month ago, i cried so much
this is just a part of what the vet wrote

"WRITTEN BY A VET - I have been writing this post in my head for nearly 3 years and until today I've never been brave enough to post it. But recently some people doing similar work and facing much the same reality have used social media to speak up about a topic that for so long has not been discussed. Their bravery has given me the courage to finally share my thoughts and experiences about something that I’ve needed to for so long.
Today I euthanased 5 dogs. This is not an uncommon task for a vet to perform and getting into the profession you are well aware of the fact that this is something you will have to do in your chosen career. However, the dogs I put down today were not sick, they were not injured, they were not old and they were not unhealthy in any way. They were not untamed and they were not aggressive. They were perfect, healthy and normal dogs. There was no reason for them to lose their lives today other than that they were failed by humans because of the current overpopulation crisis of domestic animals particularly dogs that so few people are prepared to accept and try to understand.
The euthanasia of healthy animals by animal welfare organisations and shelters across the world is something that we need to start talking about but it is not an easy topic for someone who is in this line of work to discuss. One, because how can you possibly put into words something that is so deeply personal and difficult to come to terms with in your own mind and two, how can you risk the possibility of losing such important funding that keeps welfare organisations and shelters alive by drawing attention to something that the public at large simply know very little about and so few people understand.
The dogs that I put down today were so excited to see me. How lucky they were to have someone in their kennel giving them attention and maybe just maybe they'd even be so lucky as to be taken out for a walk - their tails were wagging and everyone was jumping for joy. One of them was nervous and scared of me. This was a dog that had likely never had much in the way of attention or love from a human being. I have tried everything possible to make the task easier for myself and for those who assist me. I have tried doing it in their kennels, I’ve tried doing it on the grass outside so that the dogs can walk for a bit to experience one last bit of freedom and fresh air. I’ve fed them last meals, I’ve done it in the clinic and nothing makes it easier. The only thing that makes it bearable for me is to sedate them first so that they are sleeping when their lives end and not wagging their tails looking at me – I know this is a luxury that many other people doing this work do not have access to.
Today I chose to put them down in their kennels after I’d sedated them. Letting them leave on a bed and blanket that they have used for comfort for the past few weeks or sometimes even months. I take care to make sure that no other dog or animal is a witness but still the others around them must know. Usually the dogs bark endlessly at any small movement or sound but there is nothing more deafening than the silence of nearly one hundred dogs while ending the life of one of their neighbours or friends. They must know and I so often wonder if they are thinking if they are next or when their time will come.
In their final moments I tell each of them that I am sorry and for those who leave behind friends, puppies or siblings I promise them that I will take care of them and do my very best to find them homes or see that they are cared for properly. These are trivial words compared to what I should be saying to them but it’s hard to give them the apology they so deserve in the short time it takes for the life to leave their little bodies. What I should be saying to them is that I’m sorry you never got the opportunity to experience what it’s like to sleep on a couch and I’m sorry that those who did get to sleep on a couch once have ended up being unwanted and failed by the humans who took them into their homes in the first place. I’m so sorry that they were born into a world that didn’t have space for them and so many others. I’m sorry that they weren’t pretty enough or the right breed to be one of the chosen ones and I’m sorry that for months or for some of them nearly a year countless people walked past their cage and decided not to choose them or to leave and rather choose to buy a puppy somewhere else instead. "

no photo
Sun 03/20/22 10:57 PM
my soul is so tired
i feel like i need a 100 days sleep

no photo
Fri 03/18/22 07:19 PM
5 am here
this evening my brother arrived to visit us
the second time after pandemic. first time was less than a day long. we drank a lot and he went to sleep.

i am so full
i missed him so much, not any words enough to tell how i feel. he is 42 now. but still my baby.. this is what an elder sister feels. u never grow, u are always the little boy of the home.. u will always remain like that.

i love you my brother..

no photo
Fri 03/18/22 07:13 PM
piko, te lil kitten is so happy outside now
he is exploring everything
he had 50 deays to take back from life, and he is getting it!
he is so clever, catching up with everything so fast. he knows me. always beside me when i am down at the garden.

no photo
Fri 02/25/22 06:03 AM
the kitten, which was left unfed by mum, came to my house as about 700 grams, just bones and skin, severe fungee problem..
after 3,5 weeks treatment and good feeding, of course the medication as well, returned back to gardens as a very healthy and 1.5+kg boy. he is so healthy.
i fought against the natural selection and i won!
the kitten won!
now he has his life back!
i am so so happy!!!

no photo
Mon 02/07/22 11:26 AM
still it is costing me much. i will take my girl to get vaccined, 2 doses. as this boy has been in the house and i kissed him. i maight have carried fungees to her. also the vet will check me. taxi to there and back. twice. also.. all the things at back room will go to loundry after 21st when the medication is over.

but it will be worth once i see my boy healthy, furry, his green eyes looking at me :)

no photo
Mon 02/07/22 11:21 AM
"Hayed", the registered animal welfare group is paying for all his medication. they are just perfect. they even bought the wet food the hide the pill in. they are taking to vet for vaccines..

no photo
Mon 02/07/22 11:17 AM
Edited by butribu on Mon 02/07/22 11:19 AM
this little boy started gaining weight
i am giving him chicken liver, rice cooked with the juice of chicken liver
tomorrow i will give him tuna fish
he already gained weight
he was the one mum threw out, and this is my challenge against natural selection
no! they can live as wel!!

no photo
Mon 02/07/22 11:11 AM
there is already one with me at the moment
at my parents' room which was empty for so long
he came wednesday and he is quaranteened with fungus
i am entering his room with mask, seperate clothes, separate slippers
he is on medication

no photo
Mon 02/07/22 10:03 AM
they asked me, if i would work at animal shelter as a volunteer
i said yesss!!!!!!
i am so happy
my first day will be Sunday
i cannot wait for it

no photo
Fri 02/04/22 08:03 AM
Edited by butribu on Fri 02/04/22 08:05 AM
they are also going to show my funny eye ginger boy to the vet
thanks God!!
i cannot tell how thankful i am at the moment..
no words enough..

they are all my babies, some like my piko, they melt my heart.. i love my street babies a lot

no photo
Fri 02/04/22 08:00 AM
then i thought, why shall i not show my poor piko to them. they are the one to decide, aren't they. i put my pko in his box and took to their apartment. and when they saw him they went "poor him.."
tomorrow, at 10 they are picking him up from me, and a private vet is going to check him and eventually do medication..

no photo
Fri 02/04/22 07:57 AM
Edited by butribu on Fri 02/04/22 08:01 AM
back to 1.5 hours before..
i got across with the registered animal aid group people at the door of the shopping place
we knew each other from the forum pages
they said, they are neutering the cats of our neighbourhood (we live very close). but there were some they couldnt catch. and they are the ones i easily hold, my babies. i said, i can help you. so we agreed to meet tuesday morning to get them

no photo
Fri 02/04/22 07:52 AM
i kept himat the back room, at my parents' room which is not used now.
i was going to reunite him with his siblings today, which i did. but...

no photo
Fri 02/04/22 07:51 AM
hey mon'o
wednesday evening, at around 20:30, they brought me back my little piko, after 50 days at animal shelter
but unfortunately he is even at a poorer condition than he was before.

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25