Community > Posts By > Sirwin

Sirwin's photo
Sun 05/10/15 08:19 PM
Edited by Sirwin on Sun 05/10/15 08:58 PM

A very legitimate topic and a serious, life altering, decision to be worked through by the unfortunate people involved.

Some very well thought out answers listed here by writers, with probable limited knowledge, who were a million miles from where these dispicable acts were committed.

Then there is the lunatic fringe, the contributers that believe in sky Gods, the worshipers and followers of words, written down by a bunch of Bronze-Age cave men that didn't know what happened to the Sun when it went over the horizen at twilight.

I try to imagine what level of erudition might be revealed in a discussion devoid of religious claptrap. What urgent progress mankind might make if allowed to think free...unfetted; I cannot.

But then, the atrocities that happened here, were in part, committed by just another branch of God fearing crackpots.

mankind is never left to think 'free', whatever we experience, are born into, observe,, impacts us and impresses upon us as well as our choices and beleifs

religion is no different than formal education, or media exposure, or travel,,,its another influence in life that expands the choices we can make for ourselves

Can I assume that you do not believe in Zeus, the God of Greek mythology? Dare I be so bold as to ask if you think that Dionysus was birthed from Zeus' leg? If not..why not? People at one time would have thought to take your very life if you had ventured to inform them that you doubted such 'truths'.

Ask yourself what happened to change these societies, allowing such ridiculous stories to be relegated to the ash-can of history; then imagine, if you dare, how long it will be before the current, badly needed, change will be completed.

Sirwin's photo
Sun 05/10/15 09:07 AM
A very legitimate topic and a serious, life altering, decision to be worked through by the unfortunate people involved.

Some very well thought out answers listed here by writers, with probable limited knowledge, who were a million miles from where these dispicable acts were committed.

Then there is the lunatic fringe, the contributers that believe in sky Gods, the worshipers and followers of words, written down by a bunch of Bronze-Age cave men that didn't know what happened to the Sun when it went over the horizen at twilight.

I try to imagine what level of erudition might be revealed in a discussion devoid of religious claptrap. What urgent progress mankind might make if allowed to think free...unfetted; I cannot.

But then, the atrocities that happened here, were in part, committed by just another branch of God fearing crackpots.

Sirwin's photo
Fri 04/17/15 10:35 AM
I think most have it about right, there are things and types of work that just don't suit females. I remember many years ago, I went on a blind date with my buddy, my date told me quite proudly that she was a Bricklayer, she looked like a Full-Back for the Greenbay Packers, you would have been proud of me...I didn't run until the dinner was over and I picked up the tab.

Sirwin's photo
Fri 04/17/15 08:16 AM

I'm not listening to you. I just covered my ears and I'm going "La la la la la la". I don't believe you!!!! :angry:

There you go...That's fun isn't it?

Sirwin's photo
Fri 04/17/15 07:51 AM

^ OMG, you were lying to people. Some take that very seriously and that's not funny.

Come on my dear, if you're, at all, basing any portion of your life on this stuff, then trouble might be afoot.

I will tell you one thing for sure, in some newspaper offices, the Horoscopes are looked upon as a chore that has to be done, rather like sweeping the floor. So each desk has to take their turn at it. As I mentioned, you will notice that there is never a definitive allotted to your particular sign, always a suggestion allowed as a supposition.

Have fun.

Sirwin's photo
Fri 04/17/15 06:20 AM
Didn't anybody on this subject go to school? I don't mean Sunday School, I mean a REAL school.

There is nobody sat in the sky, on a 'Golden Chair' listening to you all. We know now-a-days when the most popular, so called 'Holy Books' in the world, were written.

We also know that they were composed by people that didn't know where the Sun went during the night hours.

There are a million very sensible questions on the beginnings of life and the Universe, that we don't have the answers to yet; but good grief, this stuff here puts you in the dark ages.

Sirwin's photo
Fri 04/17/15 05:27 AM
In my younger years, I did free-lance work for a magazine published monthly. After about a year, the Editor suggested, and indeed, asked me to write the Horoscopes.

I created those things for the following years, once a month I would tell the ardent followers of the stars what their fortunes looked like for the up-coming month.

I found that the biggest problem was not to repeat oneself, Twelve signs; Twelve times a year gets one to running out of ideas; to compose in very mundane general terms.

I found it amusing beyond belief.

Sirwin's photo
Fri 04/17/15 04:31 AM
'Feminism' to me refers to the the physical looks...actions and impressions that one observes when watching a woman that obviously enjoys being a woman. "Her inate feminism was readily apparent."

With the slippery fluidity of our language, the word has taken on a slew of meanings from fashionable idiom, nothing wrong with this; but sometimes makes for confusion if used in the wrong part of speech.