Community > Posts By > mainichi

mainichi's photo
Sun 04/05/09 08:19 AM

I don't think it's that bad. what I hate is when people put too little or vague information in their profile. All I can suggest is maybe combining your interests in the 4th paragraph with the sixth.

If you don't mind me asking, I'm don't think your racist or anything crazy like that but why are you closing yourself off from everyone but asians? What do you not like about everyone else?

I'm like with everyone as people. Everyone is different, and that's cool. But I'm really only attracted to Asian guys, and occasionally black guys. I don't know why, but that's how I am... There's nothing particularly that I dislike about people of other ethnic backgrounds, per se. I'm just, for the most part, not attracted to them. (._.;)

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 01:05 PM

August 2006, Snakes on a Plane, by myself. God, I'm a loser...

Alone and snakes on a plane.....

rofl rofl rofl

*high five*

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 01:01 PM
biggrin Much better (jmho... (._.;;))

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:58 PM
I'm interested to see what you all think of my profile, in general. However, a specific question I have is whether my profile is too long. I get the feeling that it is, and because I'm offering up too much information, when I contact people, they don't know what to say as an icebreaker, because anything they'd ask about is in my profile. If you feel that this is the case, what might be a good thing to cut out?

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:52 PM
I looooooove dogs. Absolutely my favorite animal. I actually worked at a doggy day care center for about a year. I'm okay with cats, but I definitely prefer dogs. Additionally, a good portion of my female friends are dog-people, and quite a few of my male friends are cat-people. Speaking on this topic, I've found it really interesting that... Dog-people tend to still like cats, but cat-people can't stand dogs. (I know this isn't always the case, but it's definitely a tendency.) Why is this? (O.o;)

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:48 PM
I think that one should feel comfortable with telling their partner everything. Just -feel- comfortable. So, if they were hypothetically in a situation where they had to tell their partner everything, they could do it with confidence, knowing that they wouldn't mind. However, I don't believe (other than really major things, that your partner may be hurt at, if you choose not to tell them) you need to tell them everything. Especially if the opportunity never arises, it could get really weird, I think...

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:43 PM
Gradually, I've become increasingly more hopeless, and because of that, I have lowered my standards. But in spite of that...

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:34 PM
August 2006, Snakes on a Plane, by myself. God, I'm a loser...

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:27 PM
This is actually somewhat of a problem for me. While not specifically diagnosed, the odds that I can have children are very low. While I have no intention on having children, and feel that I'm a bit young to be thinking about something like that, it's actually come to be somewhat of a problem. For example, I was seeing someone, and it was going really well, and I felt like I could be open with him. So I told him about the fact that I probably can't have kids, and the reason why, and while it didn't seem like a big deal at that moment, it ended up that he stopped calling me. But he was Japanese, and I'm not sure if that's just a Japanese way of thinking, or what... Is it really that big a problem?

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:16 PM
Single and hating it :P

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:15 PM
I think a lot just for experience and someone to spend your time with. I don't think you can just look at someone, and think to yourself "I'd like to marry that person." There's no way to know like that. For me, personally, I don't think it's worth pursuing unless there is some possibility of marriage, but at the same time, it doesn't have to be practically a for sure thing, in order for me to date someone.

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:09 PM
It depends. If it's something like "Hey, stop leaving dirty dishes in the living room" or "Hey, stop telling that embarrassing story about me to all your coworkers" then of course I would. But if it's something like "Hey, stop watching dramas" or "Hey, stop being so reserved" - things that question what kind of person you are, or likes you have, or something, then I don't think I could really bring myself to do that. Of course, like MelodyGirl said, if they were a perfect person, I don't think that they would ask you to do something like that.

mainichi's photo
Fri 04/03/09 11:36 AM
Let's see... I'm fairly picky, and get annoyed easily, so you might want to take this post with a grain of salt. Things that bug me about a profile... No pictures, or one low-quality picture. Poorly detailed (or no-detailed) profile. No interests listed.

I think those facts just may be personal for me, because I like to find things out about people without asking questions, but given that, let's see how you might improve your profile. The pictures... the way I see it, a profile needs only 3 (though the more, the better) basic pictures: A close-up of the face, a full-body shot (or upper body, something like that), and a personal picture (having fun, partaking in your favorite hobby, etc.) You seem like you have the latter two, but I think you could benefit from posting a picture of your face. Your profile, it's a good start, because you're being clear about what you want. I think, however, it could be improved if you talk a little bit about yourself. Maybe, likes and dislikes or hobbies. Things like that. It helps people to know if they have any similarities with you, and additionally, the more you write, the more people can get a feel for your personality. On the other hand, I wouldn't write too much. For example, I feel like my profile is too long, and extensive, and probably makes it hard for people to start up a conversation, because they already know things about me you'd ask from the beginning. But in your case, adding a few more details would probably help a lot. As for interests, I think you're good with that. You've got plenty. Enough for people to see if they have any in common.

Hope this helps :)