Community > Posts By > theArgonaut

theArgonaut's photo
Thu 04/09/15 09:20 PM
I was going to say that maybe you have to have lived a few decades to realize just how important a soul mate might be, particularly if you didn't necessarily believe it before. Besides, looking for one later in life is a great way to stay young in just about every way (except for the gradual falling apart of our bodies LOL). Between here and there, a good hike, or dinner, or drinks at a fun bar, or even a vacation getaway are nice waysto fill the time while searching.

theArgonaut's photo
Thu 04/09/15 09:06 PM
I agree, it can be a bit intimidating to be dating amongst the "young and beautiful" but hey,..it's free, and it's kind of a fun way to get to know yourself better.

Have to think about it more as "older and wiser,..and maybe with just a bit more time to be serious."

theArgonaut's photo
Thu 04/09/15 09:03 PM
Yikes,..no answers to this one.

Well, at the risk of never being heard from again, I would have to say that the answer is probably going to take some research and that by the way is just life! I recently separated and this has been a question on my mind also. So here's some suggestions:

1) look for a "group" activity where you think there might be more mature people. For myself, I've been taking music lessons at Swallow Hill. It seems that a lot of people who are either retired, or soon to be, begin developing an interest in picking up that old guitar, or flute, whatever. There's a really nice, friendly group of older people who interact through Swallow Hill, either in music lessons, weekend concerts (best indie music in Denver), etc.

2) Join a group exercise at the YMCA. Again, older people seem to flock to yoga. If you think about it, it makes sense,i.e., a remedy for that stiff back, etc. (But be careful,..your body is not as limber as it once was!!)

3) Join a group book-reading club. My ex did that and she enjoyed it.

4) Check out meetup for activities catering to a more mature crowd.

I wish I could suggest other places. Like I said, I'm freshly new to going out and "mingling" but I know just know that the opportunities are probably boundless if you sit and think, and do a bit of research. Think "group", look in the paper, google, etc. There are lots of people in the same boat asking the same question.

Good luck cozy.

theArgonaut's photo
Wed 04/08/15 09:15 PM
First cradle, then spoon, then it starts getting too hot (as in body heat), then the leg hug, ending up in zen and finally a good nights sleep.

theArgonaut's photo
Wed 04/08/15 09:05 PM
Hi,..I joined recently too. Watch out for the scammers. I had a lady "from Ft. Collins CO" ask me to call her at her Orlando, FL area-code.laugh

theArgonaut's photo
Wed 04/08/15 09:01 PM
I downloaded it as soon as I joined. It works well. Much more convenient than having to log into a computer and besides, my work filters out sites like these from our internet.

Nice job. As soon as the request to leave a rating pops up, I'll leave an honest and good one.

Dave