Community > Posts By > gentle_spirit

gentle_spirit's photo
Wed 06/10/09 07:36 AM
How about never leaving home without an open mind...anything is possible!

gentle_spirit's photo
Wed 06/10/09 07:24 AM
Well I will admit too that other sites have been discouraging and I posted my profile on here and said what the heck!!! I like to know a lot about who I am talking to before we meet and a phone conversation with my true love seemed to make things all come together. He is my prince charming...everything that shows up in a chick flick that makes a girl's heart melt, happened to me. He was charming on our first date and attentive. He seemed to be hanging on my every word and I believe even a month later he still does. I catch him looking at me even in quiet moments and then he just smiles. Hey ladies...he brought me flowers and they were my favorite color...purple and tulips too. They were also from his garden. He and I share the gardening thing as one of our interests in common. Needless to say I was dressed in the same color as the flowers. He had also printed out some great questions from the internet, to ask on a first date. That was soooo different, intriguing and wonderful...it really made for a fun first date... Opens the door to some great laughs and fun conversation. We continue to learn about each other daily on the phone. We see each other about 2-3 times a week...sometimes because of his work schedule we have gone as many as 5 days apart. That is tough for both of us. We look forward to seeing each other and we know it will be time well spent...we savor every minute.

I am going through a difficult divorce after 20 years and my new man has brought me much happiness in the middle of such a mess. My x had threatened to take my and our boy's dogs to the pound if I did not find a home for them, and only gave me 2 weeks to do it. He has never been an animal lover at all. This new and wonderful man in my life has two dogs and is willing to care for the beagle I have not been able to place. He has opened his heart and home to me and my pet. I am still amazed and feel I have found the one for me on this site. I wish everyone else the same luck, and mostly love, that I have found on Mingle. I believe that everything happens for a reason and I found my reason to finally love again. Thank you!