Community > Posts By > rug212001

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/30/15 06:45 PM
Edited by rug212001 on Sat 05/30/15 06:46 PM

Do you leave someone alone who cries or do you try to comfort them?

Depends on who it is.

Some people prefer to be alone when they cry. When I know someone has this view I leave them alone. I still make myself available for comfort then they seek it.

Some people want comfort from the get go. When I know this about the person, I'm right there to comfort them.

When I have no idea what they want. I simply ask them.

All the above assumes I have some connection with said person already. I would not be comfortable trying to comfort someone I don't know.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/30/15 05:34 PM

Men want sex, women want love.

That often goes the other way as well.

'Unblemished'!drinker I 'Corroborate'!:smile: ((@ 'Rug'))drinker

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. laugh

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/30/15 05:17 AM

Men want sex, women want love.

That often goes the other way as well.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/30/15 01:53 AM

What's wrong is people asking what's wrong with people, as if they were somehow better than others.

Nothing wrong with asking the question. It's what you do with the your answers that make all the difference.

Trying to get people to understand their point of view with peaceful and respectful discussion is fine. However, when you take a point of view and try to push it onto other people with either violence or the threat thereof is when the problem begins.

I don't think I'm better than anyone else. I know I'm not perfect. I don't know anyone that is. I really don't think there is a possibility that anyone is. However, that does not prevent me from having an opinion.

Besides, everything I said can be proven for the majority of the world's population. This could easily be solved by providing an education.

Okay.
After a few minutes of deliberations I've concluded that I'll accept your justifications-filled innocent plea laugh

There is a difference between justifications and explanations.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/30/15 12:46 AM

What's wrong is people asking what's wrong with people, as if they were somehow better than others.

Nothing wrong with asking the question. It's what you do with the your answers that make all the difference.

Trying to get people to understand their point of view with peaceful and respectful discussion is fine. However, when you take a point of view and try to push it onto other people with either violence or the threat thereof is when the problem begins.

I don't think I'm better than anyone else. I know I'm not perfect. I don't know anyone that is. I really don't think there is a possibility that anyone is. However, that does not prevent me from having an opinion.

Besides, everything I said can be proven for the majority of the world's population. This could easily be solved by providing an education.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/30/15 12:30 AM

Do you believe in a Soul-Mate?

Yes

What are soul-mates? how can people have soul-mates when very intelligent people like Dawkins tell us Man has no soul?

I happen to agree with him.

Do you think the whole concept is romantic?

Basically, it's just a poetic way of saying that a person can have a find a partner that will accept them for who and what they are and as they are.

If someone doesn't believe in Souls-Mates does that mean that person isn't romantic?

No, but it may mean they don't have an understanding of the poetic nature of the term.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/30/15 12:18 AM
It's my personal opinion that what is wrong with a large portion of the human populus is a lack of critical thinking skills. Lesser effects from a lack of language skills, lack of education, lack of ability to use logic, not being scientifically literate, and lack of tolerance.

rug212001's photo
Sat 05/30/15 12:03 AM

Is sex love?

Simple answer:
NO! Why would anyone think that?

The nuanced answer:
Let's see what the dictionary says. (Only listing the relevant definitions)
Love:
1) an intense feeling of deep affection.
2) feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone).

Sex:
1) (chiefly with reference to people) sexual activity, including specifically sexual intercourse.

Once you read the definitions you can see that they are obviously not the same. However, a connection between them is obvious. When looking at the first definition of love you don't see a reference to sex while in the second you do.

The first definition is the kind of love you have for friends, kids, family, pets, and even some inanimate objects. These is a kind of love where sex does not play into it. Granted there are some people that may have a sexral attraction to all of the categories listed. These people are outside of the average social interactions. Outside the bell curve so to speak.

The second definition of love does reference sex. This is the kind of love you might feel for a wife, husband, girlfriend, boyfriend, or any combination there of. This is not the type of thing that happens overnight. Falling in love can take hours, days, weeks, months, or even years.

The definition of sex does not mention love. This is a rather simple concept. Sex (in this case) is a verb. Sex is an action. That is all there is to it.

Personally, I have had sex when love was not a part of it. When this is the case it can be fun and a nice way to get a workout. :wink: Afterwards there is no additional attraction or deeper emotion. Granted, I liked her but it wasn't love. It was only lust. I would like to also point out that having sex with the same person on a regular basis can lead to emotions that resemble love. This feeling even fits what the definition of love. However, if you stay away from that person for any additional amount of time. The feelings will fade much faster than what they do when leaving a real loving relationship.

Lust:
1) very strong sexual desire.
2) have a very strong sexual desire for someone.

I have also been in love a few times. One of these times it was asexual relationships. Not once did we have sex during the two years we were in a romantic relationship. Yet, we loved each other very much.

Most romantic relationships do lead to sex. This is a why there is a sexual reference in the definition of love. Speaking only from my own experience, sex with someone you love is completely different from sex with someone you only like. Love makes the experience outlandishly exceptional.

rug212001's photo
Fri 05/29/15 11:01 PM

Oh my I can't believe you are coming.
Very nervous. scared

ummmmm hhmmmmm so many things I could say.....devil

rug212001's photo
Fri 05/29/15 05:15 AM

Prostitution is one of the oldest occupations known to man. Lets find out why men have patronized these women till date. Dating back till ancient times, prostitution is one of the oldest professions known to man. As much as many people around the world frown on it as a profession, a good number of men still patronize these red light street women, spending a good amount of their income on them to get sexual release. As much as sex is a basic necessity of any human being, procuring it from a woman who has had multiple encounters with other men, increasing the chances that she might have an STD or deadly disease, still baffles many. Could it be just the need for sexual release, the thrill of having an unknown lady in one's bed , or an addition? Lets hear the opinion of people on why they think men still patronize prostitutes today.

There are many reasons why men (and some women) would obtain the services of a prostitute. There are also many reasons why a woman (and some men) would choose to be a prostitute. As long as both parties are involved are there of their own choosing I don't see a problem with it. The only issue I have with prostitution, rather it be male or female, is the fact in many places it's illegal.

"I don't understand why prostitution is illegal. Selling is legal. F***ing is legal. Why isn't selling f***ing legal? You know, why should it be illegal to sell something that's perfectly legal to give away? I can't follow the logic on that one at all! Of all the things you can do, giving someone an orgasm is hardly the worst thing in the world. In the army they give you a medal for spraying napalm on people! In civilian life you go to jail for giving someone an orgasm! Maybe I'm not supposed to understand it..." - George Carlin

No one should have to explain this to you,,, just ewwww,,,the rationalizations to debase the self others, particularly women are pretty much the same rationalizations cited by men of poor taste and no class a..a.heard it all before. And still would NENER date a man if had h ever seen a whore

You are perfectly allowed to think whatever you wish and have whatever opinions you want. However, why should your opinion be forced on to others with the force of law. Especially when it makes no logical sense to allowing sex for free but then arrest people for selling it or paying for it. Since you hate the idea of prostitution, which is obvious with your slanderous language, there are three things that you could do.

1) Don't become one.
2) Don't go to one.
3) Remove anyone from your life that has, will have, or would have gone to one.

Once these steps have been taken, prostitution will no longer affect your life. That's assuming it ever has in the first place. Therefore, what harm would it really be for someone that has no association with you to see a prostitute that also has no association with you.

In the areas where prostitution is legal there are less STI's, less abuse of prostitutes, and less drug use. Compared to areas that have illegal prostitution. People are going to do it one way or another. Might as well make it safer.

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:59 PM
Edited by rug212001 on Thu 05/28/15 08:26 PM

Urmm, is there a third option? I'll take a nice, hot, intelligent man who will treat me like the Goddess which I am and worship the ground which I walk on for 1,000, Alex.

Answer:
Macho Man Randy Savage

He also looks like he's a pleaser...

I'm sorry, you didn't form that as a question. :tongue:

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:22 PM

Were you going to say nightmare? I could be if you anger me. Don't make me angry. You're not going to like it if you make me angry... mad

lol It's she hulk! Sorry, but I couldn't help it with that line.

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:10 PM

I don't care if they do or don't have evidence. Some people just talk shiiit, or try to tear ya down. But I smile and poop on em as I achieve greatness! :thumbsup:

lol drinker

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:09 PM

what if they are really far away but your smitten?

That is completely up to you and the person you are smitten with. You both are the one that has to weigh the pros and cons of a LDR. You are the one that has the emotions.

No one can tell you if a long distance relationship will work for you. You and the person you are interested with are the only ones that make make that choice.

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 07:02 PM

Who cares what people say unless they have evidence to back it up?

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 06:52 PM

Prostitutes provide what normal women won't; a pure form of sex.

Since when is anyone in these forums "normal"? :tongue:

drinker

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 06:36 PM

Hmmmm...what do women wanthuh

ummmmm.....shouldn't you know the answer to that question? Well, at least for yourself.

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 06:23 PM

Urmm, is there a third option? I'll take a nice, hot, intelligent man who will treat me like the Goddess which I am and worship the ground which I walk on for 1,000, Alex.

Answer:
Macho Man Randy Savage

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 05:40 PM

it's Who I am ...no 1..phD......

.. I almost forgot who I was there for a second..lok

But what the bluddy ell does it mean? rant

I'm gonna go on a limb here and see if I can figure this one out.

Has a phd and wants to remain anonymous.
..are has more then 1phD..lol

Hey, I was close.

rug212001's photo
Thu 05/28/15 05:32 PM
I think the phrase is, "Nice guys finish last." I don't particularly agree with it.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 14 15