Community > Posts By > wecanmakeit

wecanmakeit's photo
Thu 07/23/15 02:38 PM
ok first of windows 9 .8 was renamed to 10 as the search engine was crap and couldnt do any distinction between that and win98. Second, win 8.0/8.1 is win 10. More to the fact win is a pos with less graphics and more bloat in the back end , and slower then win 7 so sad.

you would think mickysoft would get things right ,but they never do.
this shows you that win7 is even better then win 10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ_Op5y_kP8

wecanmakeit's photo
Thu 06/18/15 08:30 AM

HP and MACs have been good to me.

Also, just to throw it out there, I am an IT professional who does consultancy on the side. I can fix most computer issues such as Virus removal, computer running slow, New Operating system installation, networking solution, printers, etc.

I cater to Houston Metropolitan area and is reasonably priced so If anybody is interested, please send me a private message.

Thank you!

You do know you have ALTEX just like I . Plus, a mac is a pc. I hope you do realize that. Yeah Hp is reasonable in some years ,and this seems to be the good years until its found out differently lol.

wecanmakeit's photo
Thu 06/18/15 08:16 AM

Hey ya'll well it seems my laptop has bit dust and I will be in market for new one soon so

opinions please?I will use this for grad classes in fall.

Is there brand you love
or one you hate so much you
would not take one even if
they were giving them.away?

They all have the motherboard buy , ASUS mostly..they just put their little gizmos on there. followed buy Intel or AMD Cpus then NVIDIA or AMD graphics which is one in the same of the cpus respectively.

Me I would go with the ASUS LAPTOPS. Really nothing on them but the drivers in one directory .Over here we have a win 7 I5 4core for 700 smackers .Yeah I know I said ASUS .. , but hey its win 7 better then crappy win8=win 10 only win 10 is clip art with no transparency.

wecanmakeit's photo
Thu 06/11/15 09:58 AM

513 fudge. grumble

0 lol

wecanmakeit's photo
Thu 06/11/15 08:29 AM

I saw something similar to this on a friends computer a few years back except it said it was the federal government and it locked his computer because he was doing illegal stuff and needed to pay a fine first. It wouldn't even let me get into the bios or enter safe mode. Luckily he had an external hard drive that was just an internal one inside a casing so we pulled that apart, installed it, and installed a fresh copy of windows. At least he had a computer. I told him to hold onto the drive because there are probably people more versed in this kind of stuff than me and could salvage it. (I am more of a hardware guy myself)

If it went into the bios it could lock him out permanently. Well, at least he was able to overwrite that in a simple way.

wecanmakeit's photo
Wed 06/10/15 07:50 AM
Edited by wecanmakeit on Wed 06/10/15 07:50 AM

A scary new malware is on the rise here's how to protect yourself

A scary malware is on the rise and it could end up costing you a fortune.

Ransomware, which is a type of malware that holds your mobile phone, computer, or certain files on your computer hostage until money is paid, is increasingly becoming a cyber criminals favorite kind of weapon.
In fact, there was a 165% increase in new ransomware during the first quarter of 2015, according to a data published
Tuesday by the security firm McAfee.

Why is Ransomware becoming a big deal all of sudden?

Ransomware, like any other kind of malware, is taking off because its a lucrative business for cyber criminals. Hackers can make thousands of dollars each month depending on how many people opt to pay the ransom.

Cyber-thieves usually demand anywhere from $200 to $5,000 as an initial payment and give the victim detailed instructions about how to pay the ransom, according to the FBI. And if the victim doesnt pay within a certain period of time, the ransom may double or the files on the infected device will be completely destroyed.

It is especially dangerous because its very hard to detect. Often times the ransomware comes in the form of email spam that looks legitimate. It can also be spread in newsgroup postings, peer-to-peer networks and internet relay chat, according to McAfee�s report.

The most important thing you can do, bar-none, is to continue to make backups of your data," he said. "Because in the worse case scenario your computer becomes affected and your hard drive becomes encrypted you can at least revert back to the last good backup."

Second, you should always be weary of what you click on, the websites you visit and what software you download, Glassberg cautioned. This can be tricky because ransomware can often times look very legitimate, but that just means people should be extra cautious.

Full story:
http://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-protect-yourself-from-ctb-locker-ransomware-2015-6

Try it with mine let alone seeing mine pfft x86 hahah.

wecanmakeit's photo
Tue 06/09/15 02:40 PM

Virtual box is to put another operating system on your PC. Tor is to hide your IP address. Which are good to use on open Wifi's. Try hotspot shield. Tor doesn't track your IP address so it is harder to hack them and then track your IP back, but they are very limited on what you can do and make sites harder to get on, because all the trackers these sites use. Some can expose your current IP address and open you to being hacked. Now if you are talking about Tor as in torrents then Torrent pond may be able to direct you to a good torrent to use. Torrents, are for file sharing. I hope either one help and was what you where looking for.

ok TOR is stupid ,, they can get ur MAC address that cant be changed period. People in the know this .they get everyone on this same boat and viola you dont have to look except for one area. you can do it the old fashioned way .. random IP address change. dam I did that all the time hum did ,and still do that , and can change my mac address at the same time .Yes its another platform. No its not mac . Mac is a underpowered overpriced pc with closed source linux period.

wecanmakeit's photo
Tue 06/09/15 02:07 PM

I totally know the answer to the original question

holographic gaming where you game in 3D off the screen

kinda a forerunner to the holographic reality in Star Trek

3D WOW ...yikes!!!!!!!!!!!surprised

ditto

Been done in the 80s on a superior platform. ho hum which is the true definition of interactive gaming.

wecanmakeit's photo
Tue 06/09/15 12:21 PM

My PC has two HDMI outputs. One is built in and the other is on my NVIDIA GeForce graphics card. I use the VGA output on the card for my monitor. I tried to also hook up my Toshiba flat screen (to watch Netflix, etc.) with an HDMI cable.

First I tried the built in port, but got no signal to my TV. Next, I tried the graphics card HDMI output with mixed success. The TV showed the desktop, but nothing else. When I opened a browser the TV did not mirror what was showing on my monitor, thus no Netflix on my TV... I am not sure if I need to change any of the NVIDIA settings or something on my TV... explode

I uses dvi to hDMI cord works fine. you cant use built in and the card at the same-time with a pc. another platform u can .back to the pc.
Your default is based on the video card . Unless you have 2 ports on the video card you cant show both the monitor and tv at once. you should have a pc aka vga port on the tv so vga port ,but my guess is the default would have to be changed to onboard video .That would disable your video card.. you dont want to do that.
top it all off the pc doesn't sync with the tv never will its the architecture of the pc. SO one will look off . Its the computers fault not you.

wecanmakeit's photo
Tue 06/09/15 12:02 PM
pfft

wecanmakeit's photo
Tue 06/09/15 11:39 AM
Edited by wecanmakeit on Tue 06/09/15 11:45 AM
Windows 10 is windows 8 just improved start menu well a menu .. well the menu was disabled in the registry thats all. The os has gotten graphically weaker since the win 8 release. now win 10 is so clip-artish its pathetic . So thats why it seems faster then Win 7. Its a piece of well u know not worth it.
I would stick with win 7 x64 sp1 if staying with x86 windows.
If Linux- then open source linux Distro like pclinuxos for x86
oh another thing apple or macosx isnt unix its closed source linux. They just registered the unix compatibility layer . That is what you are paying for and how they claim "unix". yes, open source linux has that too. They didnt register it or you would have to pay for it too hence open source amongst other reasons.