Community > Posts By > PurplePinky

PurplePinky's photo
Thu 12/03/15 07:15 AM
Edited by PurplePinky on Thu 12/03/15 07:17 AM
In response to the OP: I've found that when I didn't have children and when I did, the ratio of men who ONLY wanted sex is about the same (because that is what you said, not a statement about ALL men, or a statement about men wanting to eventually have sex, but that it's SEEMS some men ONLY want sex).

Personally, I wasn't looking for a man who just wanted sex before I became a mom, and I'm not looking for one now. It's just a part of dating that you have to deal with. As, I can only imagine, guys have to deal with it on their end. With or without children. Try looking at it like you look at other preferences that you weed out when dating.

Like, I don't date vegans because I love a good steak. I don't date men who lack confidence because I have a thing for confident men. These are my personal presences. And while the majority of men that I've met in my dating career have wanted nothing but sex (and I have NEVER been promiscuous, or given off that vibe. I was nicknamed "The Nun" until my mid twenties), I don't take it personally. They can formulate their own dating requirements like I can. Just find people that align with you. They're out there, being a single parent doesn't change that.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to be unapologetically choosy! :D