Community > Posts By > quiet_kind_lady

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 07:38 AM
one time.. one time Love came up and said, "hey lets get married!"

and I said, "I love you but not that much! I don't want to wear a wedding dress and walk down the aisle, are you nuts?"

but Love really wanted to get married... so I made a huge spread for him and his pals at our yearly get together. after all the work was done, I told Love I didn't want to stay together and that he should marry someone else.

He did.

The End.

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 07:31 AM
true love means not having to put laws and boundaries on it at all

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 07:29 AM
sure there are men who tell the truth
and there's santa clause
and the easter bunny
the tooth fairy

.... ya all that stuff exists... sure

no photo
Sat 05/23/09 07:24 AM
have a sense of humor...

could also be... let me abuse you in some way and say it's just a joke.

sure right...

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 02:12 PM
Can't tell by the pic.

It would depend on other aspects.

But if you're asking if you're good on paper, you're fine

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 02:09 PM
I would never include the kids in the pic... this is the internet and people are weird.

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 02:08 PM

What's going on with the off-the-shoulder look? Is it a shawl? If you're scantily dressed then what's with the knit hat? Your face is cute but you look confused in the wardrobe department.

I totally agree

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 02:05 PM
Do you like sports? Because all that comes off as is Sports sports sports sports... and oh ya... school.. but ya sports... and ya I could use a relationship.

Do you have time to date? I mean with all your interest in sports and school obligations, do you honestly have time to spend with a woman? I'm not making fun of you. I'm giving you my gut reaction.
He wants a girlfriend ... but where would one fit in?

Do you want a woman who is a sportsfan? What do you want? I mean think about it. If you want a sportsfan lady, advertise for one and if that's the case.. mention teams.

If you don't think you need a sportsfan specifically but would be more than happy with a lady with her own interests/hobbies... how would you support that as well as pursue your own interest? if she's into say - sewing. Are you totally okay with her hobby if she blows off your game time and spends the afternoon with some of her friends and a couple of yards of fabric? If she buys you a jersey - will you get her a gift card to Michaels?

I think the only thing wrong with your profile is that you seem to be a very steady bachelor with a very steady and full life.. be sure to advertise HOW a woman would fit into this life... how you would appreciate it... and what you can offer her. Darling... this is window shopping. You got the face, describe the perks.

And don't get me wrong... I'm not saying advertise as "EMO GUY" or anything... but being available and having time to spend building a meaningful relationship are two different things.

Goodluck to you. You're a cutie. I hope you get what you're looking for.

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 01:52 PM
I stopped at the poetry.

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 01:45 PM

take it as a compliment

some women just don't like facial hair... and it might be her way of encouraging the lack of whiskers. It looks great on most men, however I can't makeout with a man with facial hair. My skin is very sensitive.

the "cute without facial hair" might be a little bit of a cowards way of saying "it's my preference to date clean shaven fellas" but hey, we all have our own way of expressing ourselves.

it doesn't mean you look bad.

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:30 AM
DeCartes brought it up a while ago.

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:28 AM
its prose not poetry

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:10 AM

The man who saw tomorrow, but do we understand? I have spent a great deal of time researching these quatrains. Some of them are uncannily correct, some..still a mystery..join me won't you? as we delve into this mystical, yet interesting and intriguing journey in the search for truth.

I am relying on your eyes and ears, your thoughts and research, as we discover, or attempt to discover, the meanings of the quatrains.

I will open this thread, with this link. Now..we can't just rely on videos..but this is just a taste, to get the interest up, and get some really positive input. This video, is a good place to begin, but after wards, i would like to go back to Century 1, Quatrain one, and i do hope some of you will find this fascinating.

Here is the link to the first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SSJD7IAz2M

I purposely posted that link as "non clickable" for those who do not have multi tab browsing.

this link goes directly to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SSJD7IAz2M

I will warn, the end of this video is quite disturbing, (even in fiction, if it were).

Thanks for your time in reading,

Mark

how was this disturbing?

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:06 AM
lets put it this way, the fellow dropped a few JCs into the first five sentences and he wasn't cursing. he was blessing.

I was like "WTF?!"

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 09:03 AM
I think I know what he is getting at. everyone needs to re-read what he wrote. he's not lashing out at women who get tattoos and he's not lashing out at women who get the tramp stamp. You're all doing some river dancing on this fellow and you've not really read it clearly. he's not being offensive and what the hell is wrong with a man saying what's on his mind? whether we agree or not, women have been doing that for how long?

he questions the tramp stamp ONLY when it's a combo with "this is part of my display picture -as my profile- as in my idenity along with a claim to be wholesome"

we get tattoos for many reasons. some reasons are personal. some for fun, "always wanted that", and well some of us .. it makes us feel sexier. not saying all of the tramp stamps are really tramp stamps...and he did not claim that either... but when it's advertised along with an attempt at wholesome... a flag would go up. and more defining would be needed.

yes, tattoos are in fashion. lots of things are in fashion, however how we display ourselves is always up to us and we know when we look trampy and we know when we don't. we know when to flash the tats and when not to. we know when its not a big deal.. and we know when it's gonna be a bad frikken idea.

that said, nothing is wrong with tattoos. he said so. I'm saying so as well. look at what he actually said before you river dance and leave shoe marks on the back of someone's shirt.

no photo
Fri 05/22/09 01:50 AM

Am I crazy? I have been in more than a few relationships and all of them I "tried to find a girlfriend." This recent break up I was with my ex for 3 years. And now I just want to meet somebody, become friends with them - meet somebody else - become friends with them - become friends with their friends and their friends and their friends and meet somebody else and their friends and then one day say to myself, "Ya know, I really like that person."

Am I crazy for trying it that way? What do you think?

I tell you this much, by the time I think of a guy as "just a friend" there aint no way I'm ever letting him get any further than that.

However that's just me.

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 04:21 PM
its a religious chain letter?

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 03:15 PM
almost blue... elvis costello

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 03:05 PM
yes but I can remedy that quickly.

no photo
Thu 05/21/09 02:35 PM
Keep the dog in the picture. Keep it recent. Maybe one outside with less stuff in the background so it's just you and midnight.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with your picture, but if you want to update the picture... do the outside shot.

Previous 1 3 4 5