Community > Posts By > daniel48706

daniel48706's photo
Wed 02/10/10 09:04 AM

that's all fine with me

it's California what do you expect?

their kids are over protected and coddled and shielded from any challenges or trials that might build a person's character

and I say that's fine

when it comes to competing with Texas kids for jobs or status or position they are gonna lose miserably

so I say have at it you weird azz California parents

It's not just California doing this, but the entire country over all. Some places are better than others (as in cities and local areas), but overall it's this way across the entire country.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 02/10/10 08:59 AM
lol, when I moved out to the middle of the country (30 miles from the closest city), and only half an hour from the canadian border I was looking forward to getting snowed in and such. We have barely had any snow so to speak, and I am VERY upset about it lol.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 02/10/10 08:56 AM

When I was in grade school we never used the term oral sex. Sounded too sterile.
Preferred terms like BJ, lickin' th' bowl, eating the box out of the frame, she could suck the chrome off a bumper, carpet munching, eating at the Y and other terms you won't find in the dictionary.laugh smokin

We didn't get quite that graphic lol, but I agree we used our own terminology. And I can tell you form personal experience that in the fourth and fifth grade I, myself was looking in the dictionary and encyclopedias for anything I could find just for the sheer thrill of it. I was also like your average kid looking at the sears catalogue in the women's section to see women in their "underwear" etc. Not too mention National Geographic magazines, lol.

I happen to like how my children's current school handles it which is to designate age appropriate sections. It is definitely to be expected that a ten year old (your average fourth grade student) is going to be curious about sex, and trying to find ways to learn more about it. We did it as kids, our parents did it as kids (anyone remember reading about the 60's, or even living them for the generation prior to me?).

The problem is not in the schools themselves (generally speaking) but in the fact that parents don't want to discus the issue with their kids. Sex is ok for the media, ok for the newspapers, ok for for the general public, but it is taboo to discuss it or teach HEALTHY sexual behavior to children when they are asking for the information themselves. very simple fact of life is, if the child is old enough to ask you about it, they are old enough to learn about it, because they WILL learn about it, either in school, from their parents, or out on the streets from their peers.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 02/10/10 08:42 AM

Just tell her "Look, I'm the parent....it's my JOB to ruin your life and embarrass you in public!" (The last part is more for dads)

roflmbo, I have USED that line of being my job to embarrass; shut both my kids right up both times.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 02/10/10 08:41 AM
lol, don't feel alone, and definitely be greatful she waited until now to pull the act. My son is 9 and he has been doing it for almost a year now (good ole mommy taught him how). Just last night in fact, he told me he hated me and thought I was so mean to ground him to his bed until he decided to tell me the truth concerning his having snuck a soda. The whole thing started two days ago when I noticed two sodas missing. I found the one and he fessed up to that one, but kept trying to insist his brother took the other one, when his brother had been with me the entire time involved. I lost my patience with his lying yesterday, and finally told him to go to his bed until he can tell me the truth.

daniel48706's photo
Mon 02/08/10 11:26 AM
This would be a bit easier to prove because an employer would be expected to FIRE a person not doing their job instead of continuing to retain them.

The problem is, a LOT of places that I can name from personal experience will not fire the person who stands around doing nothing, they will go after the one who complains about the one who is doing nothing. Their reasoning? The one doing the complaining is "causing unneeded tension" in the work place. Also, again from personal experience which is why I use this example, a LOT of the time (not all but a lot) the one who is not doing their job adequately is a minority figure, and the employer will not do anything because of this, afraid of being sued for discrimination.

The sad fact is, discrimination laws were needed in the past, and still are to a point. HOWEVER, the people who enforce these laws (judges and lawyers) need to quit protecting people just because of their minority status, and start backing up employers who actually do fire a young woman, or a black person because they are not doing their job properly or well enough. There needs to be no {minority} in the work force at all, only legal residents of the country who are human in race.

daniel48706's photo
Mon 02/08/10 11:01 AM

Obama must have been one of those kids who was constantly in the Principles office complaining that someone must have said something bad about him.I have lost count about how much whining Obama does concerning the media and negative press.George Bush had it 10 times worse and I never heard George bush saying we needed to boycott and silence the people who criticizing him.

You don't like people saying things about you,then find another job where you don't have to deal with public relations.

OR, stand up for your rights, and ensure that people learn to shut their mouths and to respect one another instead of insulting and trying to cause trouble.

daniel48706's photo
Mon 02/08/10 10:47 AM
congratulations!

daniel48706's photo
Thu 12/03/09 01:12 PM

I have 3 children, one of which has high functioning Autism. It's hard being single. It's even harder being a single parent, but I think it's the hardest when you are a single parent with a special needs child!

I applaud all of you in this thread!

flowers :thumbsup:

flowers good to see you in the forums hun! smooched

daniel48706's photo
Thu 11/19/09 03:47 AM

Well first of all he is in Canada their military requirements may not be the same as the states. Second of all he needs to deal with his drug addiction first why in the heck would you want to throw a young man in the Military that has no idea what he wants and is on a destructive path?noway ...........

It has been proven time and time again that the military life can and normally is, an extrememly beneficial thing for a teenager who has authority and trouble issues. First they break down the mindset of fighting authority and teach the young adult how to listen and take orders, and then slowly as they go through the ranks, they teach them how to give responsible and well-reasoned orders, thus being fully balanced out. Also the physical training can be a good avenue to help him kick the drug habit as it gives hims oemthing to do, and strengthens his body.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 06:37 PM
Does anybody on here play this game? it is an online rpg game, where your main player is, surprise, a vampire.
I have been playing religiously for two years now, donated real money to th game in the past, and now may well end up quitting tonight.

Iwould like to find other players, in order to warn them of what MIGHT end up being the niggest case of double standards and such of hte game.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 05:04 PM

exactly what was buckbeak? a horse or what?laugh

Buckbeak was a hypogryph.
click the following link to see a picture of one.

http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/B/BL/BLU/bluemermaid14/1136679225_wFolderbay.jpg

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 04:24 PM

killed it imagine that

musta been 'nough said

rofl rofl

lol, nope, people just couldnt argue with ya ;-)

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 03:32 PM

This is completed and I don't have a short answer for you. Let's just say that it's largely part of our genetic make up and that both men and women have mating strategies that have evolution has programed into us in order to give the next generation the best odds at surviving. If you really want the whole story shoot me an email.

I am sorry, normally I agree withwhat yo uhave to say, but not for one second do I, nor CAN I, agree with the basis that mankind (man AND woman) is nothing other than an immoral and unthinking animal.
Yes, thchnically we are animals, but we are far removed from, and much more moralistically developed than even our closest competitors, the apes. We KNOW, what is right and wrong. Putting aside religious dogma fr the moment, in regards to one husband one wife, we KNOW that humans expect to be in a one on one relationship, not one on two or two on three, etc. We also know that when someone finds out they are NOT in such a relationship then this person is very very seriously hurt and crushed.

So no, it has nothing at all to do with our "genetic makeup". We still have the power to say no. The problem lies in society as a rule. when society started accepting into it the thoughts of divorce being allowable, it allowed all other kinds of relationship troubles to enter in as well.
Society also teaches the youth that it is ok to not work towards bettering what you alread have, but to go looking for something that comes already better.

it boils down to one word.

MORALS!!!

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 03:22 PM
Edited by daniel48706 on Wed 11/18/09 03:22 PM

book seven reveals a LOT of mysteries and suspicions. It is truly the best book of them all.
i will be getting all the books at christmas now. now that i know all this about the film i feel like ive missed a lot i really need to start reading. okay i admitt it i was wrong to think missing vital parts from the book to fill time slots was acceptable. tongue2 oops bigsmile

WooHoo!!!!!! A CONVERT!!!!!!!

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 02:03 PM

I am sorry to hear it Romee. I agree with you completely that thee site has definitely gotten a lot wore than when it was justsayhi. I still like to htink it is a good site though. I hope you feel better soon, and meanwhile know I am here for ya.
ya your right back then just say hi!drinker was much better some people can hurt you and don't even care i'm thinking about getting off of this site i been on here so long right now i'm deleting my pics but anyway thank's dan!drinker

No problem Bro. I believe I have you on facebook, don't I? look me up there if yuo wish to. And I kwo what you mean about leaving the site. it ook a breake for almost a year, I got so fed up with everything. Whatever yu decide though, remember God will be with you, and all you have to do is let him be your guide.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 01:05 PM
I am sorry to hear it Romee. I agree with you completely that thee site has definitely gotten a lot wore than when it was justsayhi. I still like to htink it is a good site though. I hope you feel better soon, and meanwhile know I am here for ya.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 12:59 PM
several times now...

Pooor Romee drinker

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 12:58 PM
book seven reveals a LOT of mysteries and suspicions. It is truly the best book of them all.

daniel48706's photo
Wed 11/18/09 12:56 PM
movie 6 barely touches on it, but the book goes into more detail with Dumbledore making Snape promise to kill him (Dumbledore) in the end. This is because of the fact that Dumbledore had less than a year to live a natural life anyway, due to a curse that was on the ring that Tom Riddle turned into a horcrux. Another topic the movie left out completely, lol. As well as the fact that Dumbledores primary wand hand was already dead when he picked Harry up at the end of hte summer to take him to Slughorns hidey hole.

Basically, Dumbleore knew he was dying, and would not live to see another year after he broke the ring. So he required of Severus Snape, that Snape kill the headmaster in the end, instead of letting Malfoy do it, or letting his death draw out long and painful.

oh so there was a plan between him and dumbledore yaybigsmile
Pu it this way. Harry and Ginny name one of there son's "Albus Severus Paotter" after "the two greatest headmasters Hogwarts has ever had".

Shape has got it going on!!!bigsmile

He sure does! I have to admit a secret and say he was my favorite charectar the entire way through. The fact thathe and Lilly grew up together, kinda through me for a loop, but I always "knew" the reason he hated harry was because James got Lily, and Snape didn't.
have you read in any of the books that snape is still on harrys side though because i looked at a piece about the next film and it didnt really say a lot.

1 3 5 6 7 8 9 24 25