Community > Posts By > OdiseoAlecto

OdiseoAlecto's photo
Mon 11/23/15 05:16 AM

Do you mean, what should we do ABOUT terrorists? Or about the THREAT of terrorism? Those are the more complicated questions, since any and all actions to increase personal security inevitably result in a reduction of personal freedom.

the question of what to do about A terrorist is simple: a terrorist is nothing more than a violent criminal. treat them like any violent criminal. Eliminate their ability to do harm.

The "Threat" is part of the terror strategy.
It is used in two directions:

a)By the terrorist groups: the "menace" of an attack generally gives better results that an attack itself.
b)By the states menaced: those politicians (or supposed-to-be) that are weak and false will always recur to the easiest and more simple solution. That is: cut of liberties and blame the terrorists to any bad thing or bad action taken or suffered. Real politicians know how to cope, to raise the spirits and the values of their countrymen to effectively fight against those terror-mongers.

N.B. In the aftermath of Paris, who is benefitting from the blood spread? Hint: remove DAESH from equation.

OdiseoAlecto's photo
Mon 11/23/15 05:08 AM

Yea, The US should stop funding the UN and all of the humanitarian and medical aid that it has given around the world. Death, starvation and diseases would really make them like US more better.slaphead

Just for your info:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/10/un-member-states-owe-debt
"Debt includes $2.6bn for international peacekeeping efforts, with France owing the most at $356m, followed by the US at $337m".

Death, starvation and disease are usually the result of the "focused help" some states do: the so called "humanitarian help" goes directly to the great multinational pockets, the corrupt murderous regimes and their proxies. Look Syria: the main ammo source use by DAESH is USA produced.

BTW, you missed War to have the 4 raiders of the apocalypse. Less "ora" and more "labora" with your brains is welcomed.

OdiseoAlecto's photo
Sun 11/22/15 07:05 AM
-Not to be scared, don't surrender to their terror.
-Identify them as the real minimal minority that they really are and not make blanket simplifications
-Show your support against them overtime you have the chance.
-Don't eliminate liberty for security. That is what they want.
-Treat them and consider them for what they really are: rabid criminals without concept of human value.

OdiseoAlecto's photo
Sun 11/22/15 06:54 AM
Just two quick notes:

-Terrorism = terror. If you bend to the "terror" (blocking refugees, carpet bombing, supporting black-ops against "legal" regimens -even if you don't like them-, waging proxy-wars, etc etc etc) the terrorist win.

-To accuse all muslims as terrorist is a criminal simplification. Is like to make all christians responsible of the KKK or the Nazism actions. To clarify the believes of ISIL/DAESH I would recommend to read this entry in wikipedia (NB ISIL/DAESH are Wahabbists) I know is a little complex, but illuminating: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wahhabism

OdiseoAlecto's photo
Sun 11/22/15 06:43 AM
Luckily I live in Europe and that wides bit the scope of the films I watch...

I would recommend some Peter Greenaway films:
-A Zed and two Noughts.
-Drowning by Numbers
-The Belly of an Architect
-The draughtsman contract.

A great Italian film:
-Mediterraneo.

War films like:
-"Joyeux Noël" a french film about WW1 (from 2005)
-Beneath Hill 60. Australian about WW1.. Like Gallipoli, also a good one (with a young Mel Gibson)

And some crazy ones like:
-Moon (2009)
-Love (2011)
-Delicatessen (crazy "cannibal" film) (1991)
-Bunraku
-Enter the Void
-Pi (1998)
-Brazil (but I suppose that most of you know this one - but if you don't remember a Robert de Niro in the film, better check it again)

A bit difficult ones but check also the Chilean director Alejandro Jodorowski

OdiseoAlecto's photo
Sun 11/22/15 06:27 AM
I still remember when I went to "Out of Africa". And at the end...

Karen Blixen: The mail has come today, and a friend writes this to me.
[Quoting from the letter:]
Karen Blixen: "The Masai have reported to the district commissioner at Ngong, that many times, at sunrise and sunset, they have seen lions on Finch-Hatton's grave. A lion and a lioness have come there, and stood or lain on the grave for a long time. After you went away, the ground around the grave was leveled out into a sort of terrace. I suppose that the level place makes a good site for the lions. From there, they have a view over the plain, and the cattle and the game on it."... Denys will like that. I must remember to tell him."
Non comments :)

And, as I am probably a film-masochist of sorts, I repeated the experience. And when the film starts...
"Karen Blixen: [Voiceover] I had a farm in Africa at the foot of the Ngong Hills..." I already was with the client in my eyes.

Lately I am a bit "oversensitive" so I tend to cry more often.

OdiseoAlecto's photo
Sun 11/22/15 06:17 AM
Oki.... I managed to read the whole entry 2Fly4Wings38. And some how I agree with you but I think I have a sort of clue. Here is my hypothesis:

a) We are talking about Hollywood films.
b) The politics in recent times have been strongly influenced by Neo-cons and American fundamentalist Christians
c) And, who pays (or has the power) decides... ;)

Consecuence:
-Films about the Rapture as subject (tones of them, even series like "The Departed")
-Films about "fear" to an undisclosed enemy (better aliens than jihadists). But always "alien" to those that pay (let me see... any film where the "bad guys" are from Israel, for example).
-Films about the horrors of "human" cloning (it is a sin!!! Nothing good can come from there, but if Monsanto clones GMOs is fine).
-Films with great catastrophes: Climate change is a "natural" event and the Koch Bros have nothing to do with it. So, become a "prep"... More fear.

May be I clarified something.... or make more mess :)

BTW for Zombi lovers I recommend "Fido"

OdiseoAlecto's photo
Sun 11/22/15 05:47 AM
Well.... yesterday I was in a particular mood (let me think, may be everyday is particular?) so I added 3 films to my watched list:

a) Big Hero 6
Despite my inicial reluctance to even play de movie, it became the best of the night. Nice characters, nice story-line: friendship and love in a San Francisco translated in Japanese.
Absolutely an all-ages film.

b) Speed Racer
May be the Spanish speakers would remember a Japanese cartoon named "Meteoro"? Something like 40 years ago? (Uuuups my age is getting disclosed).
Mix the Japanese cartoon, with Susan Sarandon, John Goodman and Christina Ricci, and at as cherry the Wachowsky Bros as directors and a soundtrack by Michael Giacchino (the same of the new Star Trek saga) and the result is.... FLOP.
Only is you like race games, die hard follower of the above mentioned (really die hard) and/or you are in a kind of funny psychedelic entasis.

c) The Man from UNCLE
Another remake... Looks like I was in the retro gear yesterday.
Nothing absolutely exceptional. With a lot of intentions of the revival of the 60's soap.
Nice 60's details, bit action here, bit of humour there. But definitively nothing from the other galaxy.
Recomendad to those that want to see Hugh Grant playing the muppet again, and some 60's designs.