Community > Posts By > LewisW123

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 11:15 AM

I can agree with Lo on that one!!!!!!!!bigsmile

Sweaty man, or bass player?

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:58 AM

What's the movie about the guy that gets drafted during the VietNam war, but someone goes in his place?

It was a musical, I think.

Lewis, Are talking about the musical Tommy?

No.

I'll think of it later.

It was a good movie, for a musical.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:57 AM

got it, tracking with ya....teenage wasteland.
I saw Tommy in the theater and have a copy of it on DVD...still weird chit.. Materpiece indeed!! I have a copy of Jesus Christ superstar too.
Funny when the youngsters come over and watch them with me..
Their like..wow, did YOU dress like that? I tell him, hell yeah, still do!!
Well, that will be entertaining for me..again, no interest in the game at all. Half time is always fun,
Gotta a pot of bean and potato soup on..finally can eat solids, well I think so, guess I'll see later.

I like the old bands, but I wish they would get rid of those paid, screaming young people that surround the stage.

They probably don't even know who the artists are (Bruce Springsteen, last year, Tom Petty, etc.)

They should make it real, and let middle-age women like LadyLid storm the stage, don't ya think?

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:55 AM
What's the movie about the guy that gets drafted during the VietNam war, but someone goes in his place?

It was a musical, I think.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:42 AM

I saw Roger Daltry perform with the Louisville Ochestra a few years ago. He was pretty awesome.

"Tommy" is a masterpiece.

He and Townsend are pretty much musical geniuses, in my book.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:39 AM

Not Bill ORiely..right?

laugh No, it is one of those songs that never has the title in the actual song, but you will recognize it IMMEDIATELY, once they start playing it.

Everyone calls it "teenage wasteland," but that is not the real title of the song.

http://www.last.fm/music/The+Who/_/Baba+O'Riley

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:36 AM

go latex U have to blow them up, but they NEVER (almost,anyway) cheat on U!!!bigsmile

Spoken from experience.laugh

God love ya, Mikey.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:35 AM

superbad

Man, I liked that one.

Yeah it was stupid, but it was funny.

Michael Cera is the coolest nerd I have ever seen.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:33 AM

So what's the deal with some big game going on today? spock

Anybody know what the half time entertainment will be, may watch that.
Pretty sure it won't be MJ this year..bummer!

The Who!

Really Lewis? yeah?

That is what I heard on ESPN radio the other day.

They even had a playlist, which I don't remember word for word, but when it was read, I thought it sounded FANTASTIC.

And I'm not even a Who fan, necessarily.

I think they said they would start off with Baba Oreily

:thumbsup:

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:31 AM

yanno either way. no matter who wins

New Orleans wins

Peyton IS a coonazz after all

America's team is New Orleans.

My brother and his wife have absolutely NO interest in sports, but they are rooting for the Saints.

I've heard a lot of that, especially from the women that I work with.

Haiti should petition the NFL for a franchise. They could probably reap some benefits from the non-football-fan fans.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:27 AM
Edited by LewisW123 on Sun 02/07/10 10:28 AM

Mystic River.
Most boring movie ever!

The Mystic River that got nominated for 6 Academy Awards?

I admit, I haven't seen it, but how bad could it be?

I just couldn't sit through it.
It was very boring to me.
Didn't keep my attention at all.

I'll take your word for it. I knew there was a reason I had never seen it.

She's right. Mystic River was almost as plodding as No Country For Old Men.

It was AWFUL.
[/quote

More proof that the Acadamy Award process is very political?

I didn't like "Crash." Not a bad movie, but "BEST PICTURE?"

Totally comes down to Hollywood politics, in my opinion.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:24 AM

So what's the deal with some big game going on today? spock

Anybody know what the half time entertainment will be, may watch that.
Pretty sure it won't be MJ this year..bummer!

The Who!

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 10:02 AM

Iam4u, you are exactly right, and while I am saddened, I don't regret it. He opened my eyes to interesting things.

Lewis, unfortunately you are probably correct on the lack of total honesty and that's what really frustrates me.

Been there.

It sucks. You feel lied to, but the other person doesn't always see it that way. In their mind, they will paint you as stubborn and unwilling to see things their way. They will minimize YOUR strong feelings about something, in order to make it "your" fault, that the relationship didn't work out.

But as I said, better you find out now, then a year from now. The more time you put into a relationship, the harder it would be.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 09:56 AM

poor Archie

I saw a interview with him last night and he is sooooo conflicted

root for his home team, the team that he ALMOST made it to the playoffs with, and of course all the Mannings are FROM New Orleans. Eli and Peyton were very prominent in bringing in supplies after Katrina

or root for his son to win a second superbowl

hahahahaha poor Archie. we should all be in his dilema

In some ways, he can't lose, but it would be tough, either way.

My guess is, he will cheer for his son, first and foremost.

What dad wouldn't?

If Indy loses, he can at least find some solace in the fact that both his sons have won Super Bowls AND the city he loves will have finally won it, too.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 09:32 AM

If you aren't going to put him before the animals, why should he put you before his money?

Valid point.

Maybe they just aren't right for each other.

Different priorities in life.

e

Its what it comes down to, but it was his priorities that changed over the time, not mine.

If you have only been involved for 4 months, I doubt if his priorities have changed. My guess is, he was not totally honest from the start.

Sorry, but that is the picture you are painting.

If it is true, just feel lucky that you found out now, rather than a year from now.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 09:28 AM

I am thinking that he meant saved.

rofl

A little difference, there.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 09:15 AM

If you aren't going to put him before the animals, why should he put you before his money?

Valid point.

Maybe they just aren't right for each other.

Different priorities in life.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 09:13 AM

Yes, I am faithful. I like most of the things you noted on your profile, however I am not in your age range and I'm not sure what "shaeved women" means. Be patient and join the forums conversations.....maybe you'll find her there. Good Luck to you!

I'm hoping he is referring to their legs.

Huh?, I prefer a "shaeved" woman...don't like hair on her flower...tickles my nose.

Plus it's HOT!

To me, putting something in your profile is like something you would bring up, on a first date. Important things about you that a woman would want to know.

I doubt if there are many women that would like a first date conversation to cover a guy's preference when it comes to her bush.

Am I wrong, ladies?

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 09:08 AM

Heather, would you downsize to one kid if it wasn't convienent? These animals are my pets and family members. They keep the property in shape but aren't going to be eaten. I was petting one of the goats yesterday and got slurped on the cheek by one of the steers, Wide Eyes.

:-). He knew this going in. I have in my profile that I won't compromise on the animals.

Txs, yes. He essentially pulled a 180 on me from what we talked about.

Well, he can't call you a liar. It is all there, in black and white. It is something you said you were not willing to compromise on, and you are sticking to it. Maybe he thought you would change your mind. Make the decision that is right for YOU, because you will have to live with it.

Sorry if it doesn't work out, but you know best what is improtant to you.

Good luck.

LewisW123's photo
Sun 02/07/10 08:55 AM
Edited by LewisW123 on Sun 02/07/10 08:56 AM
I'm wondering if the Viking radio's play-by-play man will have a job, next year.

I just heard his call, on Favre's 4th quarter interception.

It went something like this:
"Favre just threw an interception. I can't believe it. Why would you even THINK about throwing it, in this situation? Why not just take a knee and try for a 56 yard field-goal? This isn't Detroit, this is a trip to the Super Bowl."

Obviously the guy just said what all Viking fans were thinking, but he is still a professional. Do you think he will be held responsible for losing his cool?

The Detroit Tigers got Al Kaline from announcing games on T.V., after he was continually critical of players, coaches and the organization, on the air-waves.