Community > Posts By > MsTeddyBear2u

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Tue 08/17/10 05:01 AM
Myself blushing I am going through some health issues right now. Thankyou (((Mingle Family))). :heart:

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Tue 08/17/10 04:55 AM
His name is Larry and he is battling with severe alcohol adiction. Please put a speciel word out or thought for him. Thankyou (((everyone)))

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Sun 08/08/10 09:57 PM
Ladylid what wonderful advice. Thankyou everyone. flowerforyou Dancere- yep they are picking up the tab. Guess I can pretend I'm on some exotic vacation. Oui my spelling! blushing

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Sun 08/08/10 09:19 PM
Its my cell phone, grumble thanks Dancerea. I've deffinately been praying big time. As for fumes, my home is sealed real well. The only time I smell fumes is when I step out the door. I am however going to a motel on Monday. I can't take this being closed in my home all the time much longer.

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Sun 08/08/10 08:47 PM
Edited by MsTeddyBear2u on Sun 08/08/10 09:05 PM
Ill try to make this as brief as possible... Most of you have heard about Michigans oil spill. The oil company has stepped up to the plate and taken full responsibilities. They have been wonderfull and kind in their response. They feel very bad about the whole situation. They have stated they will buy out those in the red zone and in the 200' of the river zone. This is approximately 30 to 50 homes in the red zone and most of my mobilehome park where I live. They are also being leinyant about the 200' area- going beyond the 200' in some cases. My mobilehome is in the 200' zone, so I am eligable for the buy out. I had decided before the spill even happened, to put my home up for sale on the 1st. Of September. I was so devastated about the enviroment and wildlife when the spill occurred, I didn't even think about the other reprocussions. One of my family members told me- you will never be able to sell your home now, being along side the river. I sadly realized they were right. I was visited by men from the oil company two days in a row. Each time asking me what they could do for me and what I needed. They said they would pay to move my home anywhere I wanted and also compansate me for my troubles too. I told them I was going to sell my home, but can't now. As for moving my home, its too old and zoning laws here won't let my home be moved. With tears in my eyes I said I'm stuck here. I was told this is my chance to get a new home and have it put in any park I want. I was told to go downtown to their office they had set up in my town and file a claim. Which I did. I was given a nice check for food and transpertation. I was also offered temporary relocation to a motel. I turned the motel down cause I can't kennel my pets, even though they offered to pay for that too. I've been toughing it out at home and leaving on and off to get away from the fumes. I felt guilty taking the check which was a good amount and for a 7 day time period-which means I can get another check latter. They will be calling me within this week to get an ascessor out to appraise my home. Here is my moral delema... Would like your opinion on what you would each do please. I was told by someone working with the public for the oil comoany that they are purchasing new mobile homes by the bulk so they get a deal for the homes. These homes value at 40,000.00 and up each. My home I purchased for a mere 2,000.00 and I own it. I just rent the lot it is on. I realize if I had sold it, I probbley would of got right around that for it. I have no idea how much my home is actually worth. Its older, but in good shape. I am actually feeling guilty- should they offer me one of these homes as part of my buy out. They are worth way more than what my home is, that much I know. People are saying take it and ask for more. I think that is being greedy. There are many who are trying to milk this situation for everything they can-sadly. I'd like your opinons. Yes I own my home and I don't want to have a morgage and start all over. Or will they just pay me for my home? I have no.idea how this works. Heck the oil company even said they would pay to move me too, including movers. Confused and just a bit in shock here...

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Tue 08/03/10 09:31 AM
Edited by MsTeddyBear2u on Tue 08/03/10 09:43 AM
I stepped out on my front porch that day, as I often do. To greet the day and listen to the birds sing their morning song. To listen to the sounds of the river as it flowed by only a few hunderd yards away. The sky was a beautiful hue of blue with only a few wisps of cottoney white clouds floating around. The sun shinning brightly. Something was amiss I thouht as I stood there trying to figure it out. An erie silence filled the air. SILENCE my mind screamed, as the reality of no birds were singing hit me! Not a twirp or chitter filled the air. A shiver ran through me as I listened to dead silence. Where were all the birds? Bought the time I took a deep breath of air in, my neighboor came running over. She asked me if I was ok and if it was bothering my breathing. I looked at her in confusion, just as a fowl stinch of fumes invaded my nosstrils and lungs. I choked and coughed as I said oh my god what is that?! My neighboor than shared the terrible news. In a neighbooring town an oil companies pipeline had broken spueing tons of oil into their creek and that creek flowed straight into our river. Carring allmost a million gallons of oil with it. I stood there in shock not wanting to believe what I just heard, but the stinch confirmed her every word. Horrified, I checked for news. Calling my daughter, who came out to take pictures from the road bridge. The health department had allready placed danger signs along the river banks,Warning us not to go near the river and stated no swimming. I cried inside as I looked at the pictures and video my daughter had taken. Black sheens of oil where everywhere. The river totally covered, the banks,plants, and tree trunks coated with sluges of black. I thought this can't be happening. It had to be a nightmare, and I wanted to wake up NOW! They killed the creek, they killed the river. The birds were dead or dying, the lucky ones flew away. This explained the erie silence and lack of birds singing. The wildlife would die, the plants would die, the earthen ground would pass away too. The air now carried a deadly cocktail of carcinagines we should not breath in. Efforts to clean up had begun, but not by us as of yet. The spill had occurred the day before we even knew and ran three days spueing before they stopped it People are getting sick, especially the chidren. Some had to leave their homes. They say in fifty to sixty years the areas and water will recover. I will not be living to see this recovery, if they can recessatate the waters at all. They tell you your ground waters are safe and so are your wells, but then they hand you out bottled water. Stay inside they warn, but no your not in the red zone. You get dizzy, get a headache, feel sick and want to puke, and sometimmes you do. People are being poisined by some chemical I can't even spell. The sky was a beautiful hue of blue, with only a few wisps of cottoney white clouds floating around. The sun was shinning brightly... The day the River died. 08-03-2010. ~By: Teddy~

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Thu 07/29/10 06:46 AM
Edited by MsTeddyBear2u on Thu 07/29/10 06:51 AM
sure hope they stopped it! I predict their prediction is FULL of it... :angel: I have yet to see any effort or attempts at starting some sort of clean up. Its awfull and so sad. It looks like someone just poured tons of gasoline in the water. Its all over the water. On the ground, leaves, and tree trunks on the bank. :cry:

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Thu 07/29/10 05:35 AM
Edited by MsTeddyBear2u on Thu 07/29/10 05:37 AM
The situation in the gulf is bad enough,now welcome to the gulf of Michigan. :angry: Upstream in a neighbooring town, an oil companies oil line broke and is spuing thousands of gallons of oil straight into the Kalamazoo River. This happened Tuesday and still continues. The river runs next to the mobilehome community I live in. The fumes are so bad it is forcing me to have to leave my home. They have killed our river! The wildlife will be killed! The impact on the enviroment will be horrific! This is a fast moving river, where ever it flows and touches... So shall the oil! Heading to lake Michigan! Excuse me folks, typing on a cell phone so bear with me. What kind of World are we leaving the children??? Why do we allow these Oil Companies to drill in our waters, let alone operate anywhere near water. This line is still gushing too as far as I know. It will take years for recovery- if recovery can even take place. :angry: :angry: :angry:

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 05/03/10 06:53 AM
:banana: (((Fade & Cleo))). :heart:

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 05/03/10 06:41 AM
Thoughts,prayers, and a whole lot of love being sent your way (((Bob))) :heart: :angel: Get well soon! flowers

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Wed 03/31/10 01:17 PM
Take some benadryle,that will help the reaction you are having. (((sully))). I once got stung in the lip and it looked like someone had beat the crap outta me. Very painful. flowerforyou

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Sat 03/27/10 04:16 PM
Congrats on the hookup! drinks Best of luck to you both.

I got dumped on Mingle2... tears
Can I still get a T-shirt? spock

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 03/15/10 04:55 PM
Love

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 03/15/10 04:38 PM

OMG I really need to find that popcorn-munching emoticon...

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 03/15/10 04:24 PM

I seen the first sign of spring...slaphead Beeswhoa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Did you say BEES? drool

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 03/15/10 04:23 PM

I'm afraid that humans are becoming increaseingly more fearful of us.Go!figure hey?
Mr.Bear may not be helping us w/ our peaceful & gentle reputation that we've built.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwchenZolCE&feature=PlayList&p=5455CA655D892146&index=31

Ouch! laugh

One word... anger management
oops thats two words. winking

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 03/15/10 04:16 PM

I thought getting up an extra hour early this morning was a pretty good sign of spring huh grumble

I hear ya! drinker

I compromised... I slept in an hour later. :wink:

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 03/15/10 04:05 PM

{{{MsTeddy}}}Pistachio sugar cone.Mmmmmm!:banana: :tongue: :banana:

(((Cy)))flowerforyou
Orange dream bar :tongue:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Just wakin' up from hybernation,
wonder if hes got some berries in that there truck? drool
Grrrrrr

{{{MsTeddy}}}:smile: flowerforyou Well let's have us a lil look-sie & see for ourselves.Hmmmm!we're in luck sweetie.There's a whole bushel.Yummy!:tongue: laugh

laugh (Cute pic!)
Gee, wonder where the driver went? spock

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 03/15/10 03:57 PM
rofl

MsTeddyBear2u's photo
Mon 03/15/10 03:51 PM

{{{MsTeddy}}}Pistachio sugar cone.Mmmmmm!:banana: :tongue: :banana:

(((Cy)))flowerforyou
Orange dream bar :tongue:

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Just wakin' up from hybernation,
wonder if hes got some berries in that there truck? drool