Community > Posts By > armydoc4u

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:57 PM
there are many good news stories, about normal life and activities in iraq that you just WONT ever see written about or covered on any of the news network. There are many links and I am not going to post them all on here, cause truly we are adults and if anyone really cares to know then they can google stuff for themselves.

I have been posting(the copy and paste way) like a couple of others and really it just isnt my style. I would rather share with you my personal opinions and experiences, not someone elses. so I think I'll just give you a couple of places to look.

this first link is written about a civil affairs reserve unit in baghdad and is pretty touching.

http://www.knoxstudio.com/shns/story.cfm?pk=IRAQ-REALITY-12-05-03&cat=II

this was written by an embedded reporter with the 82 airborne, the most important part of the piece is the fact that this group of guys has not suffered one single casualty.

http://www.michaeltotten.com/archives/001497.html

and finally, this might seem to some to be a bias site since it is ran by, of all people, the defense department, but it has links to other news outlets and the like.

http://goodnewsiraq.com/index2.htm

feel free to bookmark and check in periodically, if you want of course.

the sky isnt falling.

doc

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:39 PM
I say without hesitation: the American forces should stay here, and further reinforcements should be sent if the situation requires them. Not only that, these forces should be prepared to expand their operations whenever and wherever necessary to strike hard at the nests of evil that not only threaten Iraq and the Middle East, but seek to blackmail the whole world in the ugliest way through pursuing nuclear weapons.

It is up to us to show tyrants and murderers like Iran's Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Hezbollah's Hassan Nasrallah, Syria's Bashar Assad, and their would-be imitators who seek to control Iraq's people and wealth that we, the people, are not their possessions. They can't take out our humanity and they can't force us to back down.

The world should ask them to leave our land before asking the soldiers of freedom to do so.

The cost of liberating Europe in the last century was enormous in blood and treasure. In fact, it took half a century of American military presence thereafter to protect those nations from subsequent threats. If that made sense during a Cold War, and it did, then I don't understand why anyone would demand a pullout from Iraq (and maybe later, the entire Middle East) when the enemies are using every evil technique, from booby trapped dead animals to hijacked civilian aircrafts, to kill innocents.

And so, my friends, I will call for fighting this war just as powerfully as the bad guys do - because I must show them that I'm stronger than they are. The people of America need to understand this: the enemies of a stable Iraq are America's enemies, and they simply do not understand the language of civilization and reason.

They understand only power. It is with power they took over their countries and held their peoples hostage. Everything they accomplished was through absolute control over the assets of their nations through murder, torture, repression and intimidation.

Those who prefer to bury their heads in the dirt today, and withdraw from this difficult fight, will be cursed forever for abandoning their duty when they were most capable. I don't understand why someone who has all the tools for victory would refuse to fight an enemy that reminds us every day that it is evil - with all the daily beheadings, torture and violations of all humane laws and values.

With America's help - and only with its help - the decent people of Iraq can still prevail.

Fadhil, a dentist in Baghdad, writes regularly at iraqthemodel.blogspot.com. He adapted this from a recent post.

an arab living in the region, who is a dentist wrote this.

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/2007/05/10/2007-05-10_a_baghdad_plea_us_should_stay_and_fight.html

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:31 PM
Edited by armydoc4u on Tue 03/04/08 12:32 PM

Recently, the Iraqi military and the coalition forces have discovered torture houses run by Al Qaeda in Iraq.

To obtain an accurate picture of the level of atrocities committed by this band of thugs, it is first necessary to review what the American military rightly calls the "atrocity sites." I saw pictures of the bodies of victims found in these houses showing burned feet, open wounds, cut limbs, dislocated shoulders and joints which were the grisly results of hanging and beating and other horrific methods of torture.

I have researched and spoken with several American military officers concerning these torture houses. Here is a brief description of these houses which were discovered:

• Baquoba, June 2007: Discovery of the first torture house. Victims had drill holes in their bodies and deep gouges caused by blow torches; an Al Qaeda flag was in the torture house; many of the torture wounds were in the bottom of the feet of the victims. Torture equipment included: Drills, blow torches, chains hanging from the walls and ceiling, blood trails, saws, drills, knives, weapons, masks, and handcuffs. An execution site outside of building where Iraqi victims were lined up and shot.

Khan Bani Saad, August 2007: Discovery of rooms filled with torture tools and murdered Iraqi victims.

Arab Jibour, near Dora, south of Baghdad, August 2007: Blood splattered on the walls. Piles of corpses found outside the house.

• Tarmiyya, September 2007: Nine prisoners were freed; many victims had been chained in place.

• Muqdadiyah, December 2007: Beds wired for electrical shock with electricity still on. Masks, whips, bloody knives, and chains hanging from ceiling on the site. Twenty-six bodies found buried on site: most had hands tied and were shot in the head. Locals said Al Qaeda was intimidating the area with threats of torture and execution.

I am an Iraqi who has suffered under Saddam's harsh dictatorship and who actively fought Saddam for many years before the liberation in 2003. In addition, I participated in the reconstruction efforts in the new Iraq after the liberation, and therefore have a unique perspective to offer in understanding the progression of events in modern day Iraq. I had my first taste of Saddam's brutality when I was imprisoned by Saddam's Military Security in 1987 along with my brother. In spite of my relatively short stay in a horrifying cell, I witnessed torture and humiliation first hand in what seemed to be an underworld in which pain and degradation have no end.

For Iraqis, these torture chambers and "atrocity sites" are a confirmation of the links between the terror of the Baath regime and that of Al Qaeda. In 1991, during the uprising in Iraqi Kurdistan, Iraqis and the outside world were able to see torture cells from the inside and bear witness to the gruesome acts performed within them for the first time.

After the liberation of Iraq in 2003, the world was finally able to obtain an unprecedented glimpse into the Baath torture chambers and the vast security apparatus which served to maintain order and cement Saddam's power over Iraq.

http://www.nysun.com/article/72245?page_no=1

if you want to read the entire four pages of really interesting torture methods and whatever, to practice up on your skills, since we all know the US tortures people(we just use water and a sheet-and dont kill'em) then check out the site.

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 12:21 PM
This terrific news came out in this past week on the security developments in Iraq but failed to garner any attention from the mainstream media.
The Multi-National Forces reported:

Iraqi security forces continue to develop into a capable force and continue to take the lead. On Tuesday in Ramadi, the 3rd Battalion of the 1st Brigade of the 7th Iraqi Army Division assumed responsibility in its area of operations.

This now makes 90 Iraq army battalions in the lead. In total today, there are six of 10 Iraqi army divisions in the lead, 30 of 36 Iraqi brigades, and 90 of 112 Iraqi battalions in the lead. And we operate in support of them. All across Iraq, we continue to see an increasingly capable Iraqi security force continuing to take the lead.

There have been isolated clashes recently in locations around Iraq between the militias and government of Iraq forces, such as in Amarah, Diwaniyah. We've seen sectarian violence in Balad and Saba al-Bor, primarily between Sunni and Shi'a. These clashes have garnered sensational headlines, however, they are not clashes that had uncontrolled continued violence. What we saw, to the credit of Iraqi security forces and local leaders, was some action. In each case, Iraqi security forces, acting on their own, played a critical role in quelling the violence within days. Local leaders, both political and religious, in coordination with Iraqi security forces, came together to take action necessary to prevent the violence from spiraling out of control.

So what we see in actions taking place all over Iraq is that Iraqis are taking charge of their country, and they're doing it valiantly. Violence will flare up again in areas that are under Iraqi control. The question will be, can they handle these situations themselves? In all these incidents they did; they responded and they returned calm to the areas. The Iraqis brought an Iraqi solution to an Iraqi problem, which is precisely the strategy for Iraq.

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:34 AM

It is irrelavant really because we couldn't do anything if they chose to get us now anyway. Our military is over extended in the illegal war in Iraq and will be for a while. noway noway huh

I know it gets hammered on, but really not that over extended, the military presence we have in afghanistan and iraq represents only about 10% of total force numbers.

even with 10% coming off of deployment or prepping for future deployments that still leaves 70% of the military not just finishing up or there or coming home from a deployment. additionally, if you think that we wouldnt drop those places like a hot potato to come and defend you, your wrong. We could deploy and have boots on the ground in less than 20hrs, normal flight time without stops is around 15 hours depending on where you take off from. Taqqadum air base outside of baghdad could lauch thousands of dude from it in no time flat, additionally, ali al salem airbase outside of kuwait can do the same, both airfields are long enough to land 747s, hell they launch c5's and c17's out of them daily anyway.

we could still do something in other words. of course there are also those pesky little dudes called gun nuts who have plenty of guns to go around so you and everyone else could lend a hand and fight like our predecesors did. damn gun laws!!!

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:21 AM
and kinda wobbly to oneside.

we're spining out of control

laugh laugh laugh laugh

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:19 AM
Okay, yeah its great to get people involved in the process no matter from which side they swing to. Wished it happened more than what it does, but unfortunately there are to many complacent or disinfranchised people(on both sides of the isle).

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:08 AM
flowerforyou It is true, the call for helping out the hillary camp did go out to republicans, heard by over 20 MILLION nation wide. The fact that the lines are wrapping around would lead some kind of credit to that, or do you think in the liberal fashion that suddenly the state of texas is turning democrat because of the charm of the two dems fighting over it?laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Im a realist. And, the above pearls of wisdom are at no charge, you can write an article about it tomorrow after you listn to the talking points tonight from your collegues.indifferent

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 11:00 AM
Well hope every body has learned their lesson for today.laugh laugh laugh laugh

Listen I just wanted some open and honest dialogue, and would say for the most part we did get it, some people got to vent some people got to listen, all the while I got some chow and a few winks, so thanks.

opinion, fact..... whatever, civil discourse is best when trying to convey both... I will TRY to be more civilized in my conversations, being a grown ass man that should not be to hard of a task.

see you all running thru the threads(i'll keep my clothes on)laugh

doc

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 10:47 AM
Very interesting indeed, to see how the democrat party once again is oblivious to the actions of normal everyday voters.

Being a Texan first and foremost and having ties still to the Lone Star State, I have been talking to family members from all over, ranging from the Dallas-Ft. Worth area to San Antonio and Houston.

It seems that no one wants the brutality of what has been the democrat primaries to end. Voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton over Barrack Hussein Obama is their way of keeping the debate (and Bloodshed) from these two continuing.

Why what ever do you mean, why would the republicans want this to happen? Simply put, the republicans are to nice. Thats right to nice to go after and bruise whomever is the democrat nominee. McCain, the long time Senator from AZ is known for his congenial attitude for his fellow senators from across the isle, offering to listen and comprimise with them rather than bash them for their wacky views. He will not allow his campaign to go after either of the two canidates the way many our sure they will try attacking him. So with both Clinton and Obama still slugging it out, he wont have to- thanks dems.

In an effort to promote this action, the top two listen to radio hosts' in the nation Glenn Beck (also from CNN) and power house Rush, have asked for repeatedly over the last two weeks, and received it would appear from your post here, to 'rock' the vote offering their support for Hillary.

If Hillary Clinton does in fact eek out a victory in Texas she will have but one group of people to thank the most- Texas Republicans.

Once again, your welcome for the nuggets of information, pearls of wisdom and honesty to say what is really going on.

Doc

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 07:04 AM
Yeah mansmokin

seriously though yeah totally understand, be more diplomatic about the way you call someone an idiot (the host excluded). freedom of speech isnt the issue markymarc its behavior.

your right, this is your guys website that we get to use to meet people, for that much love and appreciation. and under your roof you dont want name calling or belittlement, check, got it.

NOW

scram

mods are to be neither seen or heard from just like big brother always watchinglaugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh just kidding.

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:52 AM
no im afraid you'd have to carry me,haha.

never climbed before, aside from the wall at the gym. could be fun, do i get to carry one of those fancy ropes around?

ive got to get as well, chow time, belly, food, sustanance, caveman me hungry!!!!

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:47 AM
<<<<<<<<<<<<< this guy, fearless

umm just shy.embarassed

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:45 AM
ADJ you little devil, its ok.....

make your back stronger, oh flowerforyou sweety, I can carry the load for you.:tongue:

have fun, remember good proper technique is the key to success.
hahahaha.

catch you later.

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:38 AM
ah shucks blushing

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:36 AM
smokin

oooh,

word,

what you say?

harsh my mellow? wow, hippy (reformed school boy pothead- ive never heard that LMAO)laugh laugh laugh

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:24 AM
flower power? ok, its new to be but I'll try it. peace man. can you dig it. far out. turn in turn on and tune out, right on.happy happy happy happy happy happy happy happy

i like it.

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:21 AM
absolutely!!!!

Prison overcrowdedness for fist time offenders of drugs(where talking pot here) or probation violations stemming from it. should be weeded out (no pun intended).

meth is the new coke, made with acetone and red phospherous these people are straight killing themselves. the health issues aside for a minute, crime rates in area where meth is previlant has increased more so than in areas where pot or some other drug of choice is. it is definately killer (eventually) to the body and the mind, and Im not being metaphoric, where most other drugs work as opiates inhibiting transmitters in the body or by attaching themselves to transmitters throughout the body, meth (and extasy) are actually deteriorating/eating away live brain cells. CT scans of the head show large gapping holes in all sections of the brain----ITS CRAZY!!!

BTW drinker good morning.

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:12 AM
as a parent, and someone who like yourself and most of us here went to school, i think we came out ok with the not going to chool year round thing.

I would hate, hate, hate having to send my daughterr to school year round. there are activities that help with social development(in kids and for families really) that happen in those summers away from school that help us grow to be us. in my opinion that needs to stay, but i agree with you on the rest.

armydoc4u's photo
Tue 03/04/08 06:05 AM
so as the title says dead air- a radio term for absolutely nothing being transmitted over the airwaves except silence, and eggshells- an atmosperic term expressing the tiptoeing or gingerly walking around subjects or places as to not cause a rocking of the boat (metaphorically speaking).

moderators came in yesterday and shut down a debate that had, for all intents and purposes out lived any reasonable similance to a debate, and was reverting back to arcaic behavior (myself not excluded).

since then I have popped back on here on a couple of different occassions to "cruise" the forums. apparently, some people got a little sore about not being allowed to voice their opinions of people in the news or on JSH, and/or topics they felt passionately about.

I must admit that at first, I myself, felt like a child just put in the corner for misbehaving. But returning to the "scene of the crime" and seeing few people in the current events forum has left me wondering if we havent all taken ourselves to seriously in regards to the political topics that permiate through the threads.

So I would for one like to apologize for my over zealousness in defending my beliefs over the past week that I have been back on here. Been gone for quite awhile from this site and came back because of the diverse crowds and their ranging opinions.

Its good to be back, Ive enjoyed it. AND YES MIKE and the rest of the mods (chuckle chuckle) I will do my best at refraining from calling someone an idiot when they are being stupid.

call your friends, get them back here, and lets get this party started already!

peace

doc

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25