Community > Posts By > Pawphriend

Pawphriend's photo
Wed 07/15/09 04:26 PM
Thank you all for taking the time to respond. This is a great site. I have read some of the forums and enjoy the thoughts of so many different perspectives. And girls thank you again for the friendly welcome:smile:

Pawphriend's photo
Wed 07/15/09 06:42 AM
Hi What a 2 day experience!! Why am I asked to chat from a direct email rather than through the Mingle site???

Pawphriend's photo
Tue 07/14/09 09:46 AM
You're right; I used the word "clingy". I summarized from your description of your girlfriend's agitation of your "caring questions". I also read more of your comments of her losing her job- Men are not asked to "fix" things nor does a woman want to come up with all the answers to her dilemmas. Sometimes life is just difficult and through those "life-valleys”, we (men and women) develop a stronger "grit" to move fwd. In addition, nothing is more confident and inspiring than to have someone beside us who is setting by example. Your action of being steadfast could have been an opportunity for her to have taken an escape from "being bummed" and take solace in your strength of you having your life together. Your confidence would have been your act of cuddling her with emotional support by just being there- NO questions asked!

Pawphriend's photo
Tue 07/14/09 09:24 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you; you seem like a caring person and didn't know you were being understood as "clingy". It's sometimes difficult to find that balance of understanding vs neediness. Perhaps instead of asking the person you are involved with to clarify their feelings in words you could "monitor" how the relationship is going simply by watching your significant other’s involvement. If you plan things and your girlfriend is happy by smiling, thanking you and participating- what's left to say. Validation comes in many different ways.