Community > Posts By > knightless

knightless's photo
Sat 08/09/08 10:42 AM

Sage, by no means do I make Josh (LH) the center of topics. I know I can't live in the past and the future at the same time. No one wants to hear of past relationships, its not fair for him or me. BUT, he shared first and then I did. Thats what friendships are about (i think) and I thought it was ok to share. Then, he freaked out on me telling me, "oh, you need to move on, you can't live in the past" blah, blah, blah. Like he was giving me all this great advice I have never heard before. I think I am reasonable and always think before I speak (or type lol) IDK, I guess its just so difficult trying to find someone--even in a friendship--that is willing to accept I am a widow and Josh was a huge part of my life. I am in no way trying to be a victim or have a pity party. It just seems I am in a different catergory, or realm...and finding reasonable ppl to talk to, or have a relationship with is so out of reach. Thanks for you input, Im not trying to be rude Im just fired up...rant

Yes...it seems to happen with everyone I have ever talked to. They can't understand where I'm at or where I'm coming from. I can't get anyone to understand my own personal situation. Yes my husband died, and I have gone through the grieving- maybe still do and always will, because there hasn't been any final closure- however..that doesn't stop my heart from wanting to love again. If they haven't gone through a death of a spouse- I don't think they could understand what we truly mean, until they walk in our shoes. To me (just from my own gut impressions) it seems like they want to meet someone that has never been through anything at all and they won't have to deal with anything with them. Trying to find something perfect perhaps? I don't know...it does get very frustrating for sure. I wish you the best of luck

knightless's photo
Sat 08/02/08 06:21 PM
Glad to see you back Rose..will keep you in my prayers.flowerforyou

knightless's photo
Fri 08/01/08 12:58 PM

Smoke Gunpowder.
You'll have a blast.

bigsmile :banana:

thanks..:cry:

knightless's photo
Sat 07/26/08 11:25 AM

Why do women rip through a mans past without mercy and without ever giving up secrets of their own? We never say how we feel you say, well you never open up either! why the double standard where the past is concerned?

I answer if asked..but men(alot of men should I say) have the today and now on their mind, and what they stick their wick into and run if they hear anything they don't want to think about or have to try.

knightless's photo
Fri 07/18/08 05:16 PM

I guess the question of what I do for a living bothers me so much because most women wouldn't understand what I do for a living. I could answer the question and then they would go Huh? They don't have the knowledge to understand and they are kidding themselves if they think they do.

I think a better starting point in the conversation is mutual interests. I'm very interested in music, dancing, wine, history, outdoors, and a lot of other things.

I'm interested in knowing where you grew up, what kind of childhood you had, how you feel about your family and your ex, what you do with your spare time, what your current struggles are, and the list goes on.

We could find lots of things to talk about before we ever got around to talking about occupations and finances. I think starting with asking about occupations shows a lack of imagination but that's only my opinion. Be imaginative in the questions you ask. Smart guys like me really appreciate that.

But couldn't that be considered an "interview" as well? When you ask what kind of childhood we had, how do we feel about our family, what are our current struggles...that's more like things that may turn you away and may not want to get involved....goodness at the thoughts some people have.

knightless's photo
Fri 07/11/08 04:27 PM
I decided to have sh$t on a shingle ..yum

knightless's photo
Fri 07/11/08 12:07 PM

:heart:When you truly love someone... do you ever stop loving them?:heart:

:heart:How do you ever move on?:heart:

When you truly love someone..no, you don't ever stop loving them!! Circumstances change the course of your life and you have to go another route sometimes, and your feelings may have to go through an adjustment because of circumstances..but the love is still there when you tuly love them.

Moving on just takes time. Depending on the circumstances and how it effected you..and when you feel that your ready to attempt to try again.

knightless's photo
Sat 07/05/08 06:53 PM

happy What's one thing you learned from your last relationship? happy

That true love- soul mates really do exist, two souls can be entwined to be one and that true love stands against everyone else that gets in the way...drinker

flowerforyou
I still have faith that this is true!
flowerforyou

Keep the faith ..it truly does exist. flowerforyou

knightless's photo
Sat 07/05/08 06:00 PM

happy What's one thing you learned from your last relationship? happy

That true love- soul mates really do exist, two souls can be entwined to be one and that true love stands against everyone else that gets in the way...drinker

knightless's photo
Tue 06/24/08 06:03 PM
It's not what if he comes back..it's when he does come back.. I know it will be the most glorious day anyone has ever imagined or experienced before.flowerforyou

knightless's photo
Sun 06/22/08 06:45 PM

sending me any mail today............so..........

ok...so you write them and see if they happen to respond back...easy solution..bigsmile

knightless's photo
Sun 06/22/08 03:53 PM

a friend of mine the other day mentioned that her and her husband had not had a "good fight" in a long time, so it's due. She says she thinks fights are healthy for a marriage. Do you agree?

Now a good pillow fight is cool, or a good wrestling match maybe but if it's a fight fight..even if it's settled I may not feel like having makeup sex..I will still be going from hot to sizzle and takes a little bit to get to luke warm...so I don't like fighting..

knightless's photo
Sat 06/21/08 08:41 PM

...My mother found a DHEC officer inspecting her home on a report of raw sewage odor last week, a false report. Before that, she'd been reported twice for having cats loose, she has two and they're a pain in the butt to herd.

We know who did that, my evil aunts... but a thousand miles away my landlord just called to tell us that someone had reported us for tall grass and derelict vehicles, also false.

Is this where our society sits? Are we to the same point as Nazi Germany where narc-ing on your neighbors is a pastime?

Our society today is in the saddest shape I've ever seen....yes, we have neighbors who do that, we have kids who come into the local walmart and open things and eat it, and just throw the packages on the floor or onto clothes, they steal everything because they can and they are in there all the time. We have people that kill others just because, kids that ride around with the loud boom boxes that rattle every window and they have no respect for anyone elses feelings or anything...I could go and on..but yes..today's society has really gotten bad....

knightless's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:10 PM
I never do make the first move..guess I was taught growing up that it would make me look easy..and I wasn't, and that thought was ingrained deep..so I just sit quietly and read the forums and answer whoever does write. The old fashioned lady..lol

knightless's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:01 PM
For the one I loved..my everything, my heart, soul, and life if needed. I would do whatever it took to make him the best he could be- to the best of my ability. I wouldn't go against God, or anything wrong..but other than that- my all!

knightless's photo
Sat 06/21/08 11:18 AM
I smile, and treat them very nice..makes them wonder what your up to!! Then I just keep going about my business and do my job to the best of my ability. I would never let them know it bothers you because then it may just get worse..so make them wonder and kill em with kindness...drinker glasses

knightless's photo
Sat 06/21/08 06:30 AM

Hi Everyone! Hope you all have a great day. My name is Peter for whatever that is worth. You all are a great bunch, hope I never say anything to offend anyone.

Morning Peterflowerforyou , Just be yourself, and I doubt you would offend anyone. :smile:

knightless's photo
Sat 06/21/08 05:33 AM
Morning kiteman. Connie, angel, Peter, Carol.flowerforyou Hope everyone has a great saurday.

knightless's photo
Fri 06/20/08 06:19 PM
What a remarkable lady, and I admire her strength!! I love sitting listening to older people talk about the past and their life. Older people are just amazing.

knightless's photo
Fri 06/20/08 02:11 PM

If there is anyone serious about a relationship any more?

When I first started on here I was seriously looking, but have since changed my mind after a few I have spoke to. So now I just go through my day to day life and if it happens then it happens, I would be great with finding somone special. As far as looking for it..nahhh. When it's time it will happen..drinker

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 19 20