Community > Posts By > AngieRae

AngieRae's photo
Mon 08/31/09 09:52 PM
A little something I wrote called "Why Men are Like Dogs... More Reasons to Love Them."

1. With just a little TLC, the right one is loyal for life
2. They look so cute, even when they have that "dumb" look on their face
3. They will risk their own life to protect and defend their family
4. When you're sad, a little nudge with their nose is all it takes to make you feel better
5. Every month, when you're mad at the world, they lay low to give you space
6. They are eager to please, bringing you gifts and kissing your face
7. On a cold night, their body heat is enough to keep you warm
8. All they ask for is a little belly rub once in a while
9. The smell you've come to know and love from them stays on you all the way home
10. They are great and mighty hunters
11. The way they try to get you to play even when you're not in the mood
12. The way their tears melt your heart and lower your guard
13. They can show you how much they love you without a word
14. The way they burry their crap so you don't have to step in it
15. The way walk by your side
16. They truly forgive you when you neglect them and never bring it up again
17. They can be wrinkly with a pug nose and still the cutest creature alive in your eyes
18. The way they show their courage and make you feel safe
19. You don't understand their interactions with other dogs, but it's fun to watch
20. The surprising tenderness they show with smaller creatures
21. A little treat or home cooked meal will always get them running home to you
22. When they're playful, they can keep you laughing for hours
23. All they want is for you to show your love to them
24. They can be like your child and you love them for that
25. They need you and you need them right back

AngieRae's photo
Sat 08/29/09 12:23 AM
Besides the physical, it could also be how you approach her. Men who start calling me baby or even saying they love me on first date send up red flags. Just be genuine, not rehearsed or "smooth talking." And yeah... hold off on the bj. slaphead

AngieRae's photo
Fri 08/14/09 08:12 PM
And you would date this young man? blushing Ladies and gentlemen... we may have a match! :wink:

AngieRae's photo
Fri 08/14/09 07:51 PM

Honestly, do men really think that women want to "domesticate" them? I have never heard of such a thing before.

Really? That's all I've ever found! And I've been in a lot of relationships!!

And it's always the same thing -- the girl who says "I love everything about you!" suddenly decides, after 3 months, that she has to CHANGE everything about me. And here comes another domesticatrix.

No thanks....

sounds like you've dated some moody women...

I get it... I've seen exactly that happen. My friends do it sometimes... I've even done it. "Oh, he would be so great if only he would..." I think it's more about wishful thinking and ignorance than moodiness though. I'm a pretty happy person but have been guilty of falling in love with everything except this or that! ohwell

EXACTLY! "If only he would...." Usually it's something along the lines of "If only he would settle down and start a family...."

I've never been able to find a woman (with one notable exception) who understood that it wasn't mandatory....

For me it's usually something like... if only he'd b**** less or be more outgoing SO THAT he could be the man I settle down with noway But a family man is never mandatory, just a matter of preferance. You just haven't found the woman for you that is in the same frame of mind, stage of life, or wants the same things as you yet... Don't give up, she's out there!

Well, there's a big difference between (I'll use an argument someone tossed at me the other day) the "Why can't you remember to put the cap back on the toothpaste tube?" scenario and the "I want you to change your entire value system" one.

Let's face it, relationships require a certain degree of compromise and flexibility.

Wanting someone to b**** less is certainly a reasonable request, in my opinion.

Wanting someone to become the polar opposite of the person they are is another thing entirely.

I have a theory that the vast majority of women on dating sites (the ones I've tried, anyway) are already predisposed to the domestication agenda by virtue of the fact that they've already had one or more failed relationships and already have kids. They're simply past the point in their lives where they're capable of conceiving of anything BUT that life.

Yes. When it comes down to it though, I don't want to be with someone unless I can accept them unconditionally. Even the little things. I used to try to change those little things in men (like the b****ing) instead of just asking myself, "is this a flaw I can really live with or is it a deal breaker." If it's a deal breaker, I've gotten better about just walking away than trying to change it. But like I've said, you seem to find women at different stages of life. It's not so much that they are not capable of anything but finding a domesticated man, but that it's what they need and prefer in their life. I don't think failed relationships is what makes women want to "domesticate", but it makes sense to me that a woman who has kids would want a man who is into family. Perhaps it is best to avoid them if that's not what you want. But don't be hard on them for looking out for their kids. I know a lot of women who have been married and divorced, whose kids are grown, and who are now just looking for company... but not interested in remarrying. You'll find one too, just keep looking and try not to become bitter about the others in the process.

AngieRae's photo
Fri 08/14/09 07:25 PM

Honestly, do men really think that women want to "domesticate" them? I have never heard of such a thing before.

And it's always the same thing -- the girl who says "I love everything about you!" suddenly decides, after 3 months, that she has to CHANGE everything about me. And here comes another domesticatrix.

No thanks....

I get it... I've seen exactly that happen. My friends do it sometimes... I've even done it. "Oh, he would be so great if only he would..." I think it's more about wishful thinking and ignorance than moodiness though. I'm a pretty happy person but have been guilty of falling in love with everything except this or that! ohwell

EXACTLY! "If only he would...." Usually it's something along the lines of "If only he would settle down and start a family...."

I've never been able to find a woman (with one notable exception) who understood that it wasn't mandatory....

For me it's usually something like... if only he'd b**** less or be more outgoing SO THAT he could be the man I settle down with noway But a family man is never mandatory, just a matter of preferance. You just haven't found the woman for you that is in the same frame of mind, stage of life, or wants the same things as you yet... Don't give up, she's out there!

AngieRae's photo
Fri 08/14/09 07:07 PM

No thanks....

AngieRae's photo
Fri 08/14/09 07:03 PM
Appearance catches my attention first because it's the first thing I see. Although I have had some great conversations with people on here who do not have pictures posted. Personality can either make or break the initial attraction.

AngieRae's photo
Fri 08/14/09 06:55 PM
Yes!

Have you ever called out a name in your sleep that wasn't the person sleeping next to you?

AngieRae's photo
Fri 08/14/09 06:48 PM

When an accidental fart isn't funny.
frustrated ill

rofl

When you're married... I don't know that I ever want to be an 80 year old "girlfriend."

AngieRae's photo
Thu 08/13/09 09:08 PM
What does it for me is if a guy seems sincere, humble, and a little nervous. It's kinda cute. "Hey baby, where do you stay? Can I get your digits" as a rule doesn't do it for me. But you don't seem like that type. It's ok to say hi, especially if she looks at you twice or for more than a couple of seconds. :wink: Why wait for "the one" to conveniently enter your life? She may have been "the one" you were afraid to talk to.

AngieRae's photo
Thu 08/13/09 07:00 PM
oops , yes, Ramen noodles... mmm! noway

AngieRae's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:21 AM
Ok, it's not just about spelling though. We need some punctuation and grammar. Once again... a suggestion:

My name is NNASON FRANKLIN and I am 24 years old. I am very funny and outgoing if you know me well. I'm a tall, good looking man who is very down to earth and here to find my true love to adore, love, cherish, and respect. I enjoy listening to music, watching movies, taking long walks on the beach, and the simple pleasures of life. I am an open book so please feel free to ask questions and simply get to know me.

AngieRae's photo
Tue 08/11/09 01:12 AM

The OP asked that his profile be rated. IMHO it is a good profile. You get a feel for his way of thinking and some of his cultural values.

I am not a big fan of revealing photos but for the life of me I can't see what anyone would get all worked up about. This is a head and shoulders only shot that is tasteful and flattering. Certainly plays up one of his assets, good hair.

I think he could improve the profile with a more forward faceing photo smileing probably with some flattering color shirt. Conservative is generally better for and introduction which a profile is suppose to be.

However if he is having "adjustment" problems with his Ex I think I would save a portrait shot to send in later emails once someone has expressed interest.

I would not suggest including a picture of his son as with visitations it is too easy for someone to connect him and then the child if that were the goal and unfortuneately there are preditors in the world. Were my grands living in my area I would not included them in my profile and did so with the express permission of both parents. To antagonize and ex who is already jerking him around on visitation is fool hardy.

I really don't get all the hostility. What is so wrong that a mature man has said that he wants a sexual relationship with a female that also wants a sexual relationship versus a female that wants to develope and emotional bond first or in conjunction with sexual activity. While my preference has been, and is, for the latter I assure you that you do not speak for all women, of all ages, in your view that women are not sometimes purely attracted on a sexual level and that sex is inherently only and emotional need.

It is perfectly fine that you disagree with me on the emotional aspect of sex for women. I'm kinda tired of talking about it anyway. There is nothing wrong with his wanting a sexual relationship as long as he is clear that is what he's here for. It just took awhile to get to that point. "Rate my profile" really should include intent. I mistakenly assumed he was looking for more when I read his original post, in which case, a more conservative picture would be more effective. However, now that we've gotten to the bottom of intent, the pic is entirely appropriate. That's all, no one's worked up, we're good. I totally agree with the kid's in the pic statement too. Can never be too careful.

AngieRae's photo
Tue 08/11/09 12:48 AM
It's unfortunate that he wants all or nothing right now. I've seen a lot of relationships that did not start with attraction blossom into something really great. Putting a time restraint on developing that relationship does make you feel like you have to "force" attraction and that certainly wouldn't work. Then again, look at arranged marriages where the parents pick your mate. I've met a lot of women in these marriages and they all say the same thing. "My parents didn't choose him because of lust or how he looked but because they believed he was right for me" (and our parents who know us tend to look out for what's best for us). "The love and attraction grew after marriage." And arranged marriages have a higher success rate than ours! If he's forcing you to go all in right away and your parents have not approved, wish him well. :tongue:

AngieRae's photo
Tue 08/11/09 12:16 AM
Edited by AngieRae on Tue 08/11/09 12:17 AM
Ok, well, as a teacher... I did a little editing for ease of reading. Pic is good, maybe add a close up too?

My name is NNASON FRANKLIN and I am 24 years old. I am very funny and outgoing if you know me well. I'm a tall, good looking man who is very down to earth and here to find my true love to adore, love, cherish, and respect. I enjoy listening to music, watching movies, taking long walks on the beach, and the simple pleasures of life. I am an open book so please feel free to ask questions and simply get to know me.

Just a suggestion...

AngieRae's photo
Tue 08/11/09 12:05 AM
Some of the best dates don't require a lot of money. Picnics, a trip to the beach, or making dinner together can be good ways to get to know someone. That way you're budgeting until you meet someone that is right for you.

AngieRae's photo
Tue 08/11/09 12:00 AM
Right on then. You know what you're here for and it IS "just a good time." So keep the pic because that's what it says. By "taking care of his woman," I did not mean just financially. Yes, I'm at the age where I would be looking for a "family man." Someone to marry eventually. It's not about control, it's about honesty. I do know what I want and age does not always equal wisdom. I wish you luck in you adventures.

AngieRae's photo
Mon 08/10/09 11:41 PM

Sex is for reproduction. Romance is the human form of a courtship dance -- to allow th female to determine if the males DNA is suitable for copying -- she can reject him.

Romance is not the end and all of love, its a fantasy world of endorphins, pheromones, and chemicals produced by our bodies and our brains to trick us into mating and making DNA copies. It can be VERY enjoyable, and your body rewards you for doing it by makinit emotionally and physically pleasant.

You need to see it for what it is. Sex IS romance. They are not separate things, but the same thing, and Romance is SEX. Simple fact of biology.

It can be fun, hot, and enjoyable, but you don't have to traverse a mine field created by bible-belt thumping mind control and brainwashing that someone the "spiritual" element is more important than screwing each others brains out.

Sex and romance exists in our DNA at a fundamental level to ensure reproduction. It does not matter if you know a person 5 minutes or 5 years, you still have the ability to create the same quality encounter.

Romanace IS ILLUSION, just like the bird with the feathers. We are equipped with them to lure the female into mating and it FEELS SO GOOD in all ways.

Just go for it. Life is too short -- be happy.

I respect your point of view because I know that it is that of a man's. Just as I could not possibly predict what is in a man's head, I could never expect a man to understand the emotional needs of a woman. However, you did post your profile for an honest (I think) commentary and I assumed that you wanted it from a woman's perspective. I and others have suggested that you choose a different approach with the picture. You have the choice of listening to our suggestions (from a woman's point of view) or ignoring them. I have to say that sex and romance are not the same FOR women. A man who comes off too sexually from the start is a turn off. I ignore emails from men that say only "mwa mwa baby" or "hey teacher"... kinda creepy. I agree that too many women today mistake lust for love, but doesn't it all come out in the end? Love for a woman means accepting her man unconditionally. Love for a man means taking care of his woman. Neither of those can be accomplished by meaningless, unemotional sex.

AngieRae's photo
Mon 08/10/09 11:32 PM

Yes, that's my point. Why bother romancing a woman: taking her to dinner, convincing her that it's love, smoothe talking... What is the point of all that if it's true that women love sex as much as men. Men are DRIVEN by it in many ways. It doesn't drive women the same which is why the romance becomes so necessary.

I am not hunting sex.

that is small game.

I hunt a partner...

That hunt requires a keener eye the the one on my sex brain.

I think it's wonderful that you're at that point in your life... seeking a partner. And I notice that you don't attempt to attract that through half nakes pictures and captions like... "hey girls, it's your lucky day." You're totally right and I wish you much success!

AngieRae's photo
Mon 08/10/09 11:22 PM
Yes, that's my point. Why bother romancing a woman: taking her to dinner, convincing her that it's love, smoothe talking... What is the point of all that if it's true that women love sex as much as men. Men are DRIVEN by it in many ways. It doesn't drive women the same which is why the romance becomes so necessary.

Previous 1 3